• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Cactus

Banned
Blade Runner is one of my favourite movies ever, so it's hard for me to condemn Ridley Scott's career. Eagerly awaiting
to be disappointed by
Blade Runner 2049.

BR2049 will be decent. Villeneuve can pull it off.

Man I had no expectations for alien covenant and I was still disappointed. wtf Scott? What a lame movie.

I liked it as a horror film. The ending was appropriately grim. Though I think it would have been better had we not known about
David until after the surviving crew had gone to sleep.
Apparently that was one of the endings they filmed but nixed after some studio screenings.

Quick

Banned
Apple Pay is great. I got a ton of people ask me about it when it was first available for the major banks in Canada last year. I don't get as much questions or reactions about it now, but it still pops up every once in a while.

I don't see many people use their Apple Watch for payment though.

calder

Apple Pay is great. I got a ton of people ask me about it when it was first available for the major banks in Canada last year. I don't get as much questions or reactions about it now, but it still pops up every once in a while.

I don't see many people use their Apple Watch for payment though.

And here's me like a fucking bumpkin still using a credit union. I tried to scan my debit card and Apple Pay was like "LOL GTFO HAYSEED". It also rejected the one CC I tried so fuck that I don't want to use my Amex for it.

calder

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have signed Leon Draisaitl to an eight-year contract extension with an AAV of $8.5 million

That's... a bit high honestly. Having a breakout playoff performance for 3 weeks really really changed the conversation about him as a player.

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have signed Leon Draisaitl to an eight-year contract extension with an AAV of $8.5 million

That's... a bit high honestly. Having a breakout playoff performance for 3 weeks really really changed the conversation about him as a player.

The Dream is dead 😢

zroid

Banned
I think everyone can agree that since Leon Draisaitl is a clearly better player than Auston Matthews, he should be paid about $8M per year on his next contract

yyzjohn

Banned
I think everyone can agree that since Leon Draisaitl is a clearly better player than Auston Matthews, he should be paid about $8M per year on his next contract

He'll be smack in the middle of Draisaitl and McDavid. $12.5 + $8.5 = $21 / 2 = $10.5 for Matthews.

Quick

Banned
And here's me like a fucking bumpkin still using a credit union. I tried to scan my debit card and Apple Pay was like "LOL GTFO HAYSEED". It also rejected the one CC I tried so fuck that I don't want to use my Amex for it.

I remember getting a bit excited over Apple Pay coming to Canada, only then to be told it was for AMEX only at the time.

IgMyx.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmm that's alot for guy who's not considered one of the greatest players of all time.

He's no Pastrnak, Matthews, McDavid, Marner, William Nylander and Liljegren.

calder

Looking at these numbers I'm just thankful Laine is a winger and, as a result, is nowhere near as valuable as a 4th line center because taking faceoffs is the most important activity in hockey.

Top Bottom