• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge |OT| - Slightly unf*cked, now for PS3/360

ultim8p00

Banned
813eb359-cb94-4cb6-ac88-6e18b05924a4_zpsce814ee7.jpg

STORY
  • The guy below is a Ninja. He kills bad people and somehow this is bad. So he goes on a soul-searching journey where he meets an oddball cast of characters, including an inebriated dinosaur. He also meets a young girl and becomes her father. Then he kills her. But she comes back alive, and he realizes he is a Ninja so he leaves, jumping off rooftops like an idiot.
bf39e719-ddef-4e03-a3c1-ffd8541a1d94_zpse960fc13.jpg

DEVELOPER
  • Team Ninja
PUBLISHER
  • Tecmo
OFFICIAL SITE -
RELEASE DATES

• NA April 2, 2013
  • JP April 4, 2013
  • EU April 5, 2013
  • AU April 11, 2013

NEW STUFF
  • COSTUMES (NOT ALL SHOWN)
5d28c48b-b590-4b07-a978-428d50edbb15_zps433240db.jpg

• WEAPONS - Kusarigama, Lunar
  • UPGRADE SYSTEM - Use Karma points to unlock how to press X or Y
  • AI - It has one now
  • BLOOD - Won't make shit better
  • PLAYABLE FRAMERATES - You can actually do things now

OLD STUFF
  • INPUT LAG
  • RECOVERY FRAMES
  • IT'S STILL NINJA GAIDEN 3
  • IT'S STILL HAYASHI

MEDIA

OmegaZero

Hilarious plot description.
Weapons section is missing the Falcon Talons and Eclipse Scythe.
EDIT: "AI - It has one now" :lol

Reiko

Banned
After so many betas.... Will this finally be the definitive version?

I should go try out the demo.

xyzls

Hmm, having Kasumi in is understandable but feels weird. In the DOA series Kasumi is made out to be a character that doesn't want to fight anyone and always runs because she wants to keep the peace. So now that she's spewing guts, it feels a little off character.

That story description is ironically accurate.

Kingpen

I caved and bought... I played the shitstorm that was NG3.... luckily I got it used and played it halfway through before taking it back for something else.

I almost bought a Wii U primarily for Razor's Edge though, so while I was trying to hold out I figured buying it new was a small price to pay for it coming to a platform I wanted it on (PS3) and at a reduced price.

I'm looking forward to finally having all the glorious gore I that was in Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 back on the PS3 platform (the sigmas, while good games, have just been really lacking in atmosphere after playing NG2 ).

isual

I'm holding back buying this because of 2 things

1. It will drop in price in 2-3 months
2. A sigma 3 version may come out

jett

D-Member
The demo was really awful. I can't imagine how much more terribleness was contained in the original release.

Mesharey

I bought it 3 days ago and it's so much better than NG3, Ayane is really fun to use (need to unlock Kasumi) and there's side mission (test of valor) in the chapters and it's HARD.
Using Karma points to upgrade is a good addition, you unlock costumes this way too.
Dual Katana is AWESOME.
You gain some skills by collecting golden scarab.
You can play co-op challenges and there's also solo challenges, you can use any character you want.

You can use SmartGlass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c22TWN6uxJg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Online pass is working in the European version.

The game is worth it this time and really fun to play.

I like the description of the story you wrote. XD

DR2K

Banned
These boss fights are horrible. The drop in quality from the main game to a boss fight is so jarring. This Rex fight... I can't believe how terrible it is.

Dantis

These boss fights are horrible. The drop in quality from the main game to a boss fight is so jarring. This Rex fight... I can't believe how terrible it is.

Yeah, it's awful.

Chapter challenge cuts out some of them though. Also, be prepared for the awful final boss. It's the worst part of the whole game.

Top Bottom