• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

Yep. And FE x SMT got hurt but that treatment, imho.
Instead, after the last E3, I'd say that they are "in time" now, with next E3 to show new games (probably 1 for late '15 and some for 2016)
They could manage properly also the 3DS situation, considering the Japanese localization we are still waiting for and, for japan, the already announced games also from third parties.

At this stage, I'm honestly not expecting any major retail game announcements for Wii U this year from Nintendo. Maybe a Captain Toad-like spin off from something else or an HD remake at E3. I would love to be wrong, but the year seems reasonably packed as is, at least for what I've come to expect recently.

kulapik

GVFbI3L.jpg

Come on Ninty, gimme dat New 3DS

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
At this stage, I'm honestly not expecting any major retail game announcements for Wii U this year from Nintendo. Maybe a Captain Toad-like spin off from something else or an HD remake at E3. I would love to be wrong, but the year seems reasonably packed as is, at least for what I've come to expect recently.

for Wii U?
I can totally see one game announced at E3 hit retailers for Christmas. especially if
Zelda will be delayed.
. Animal Crossing U or a Mario Sport Mix game. Plus, even another WW-like HD treatment could be announced this year and hit the market later in '15. Maybe Sunshine?

For 3DS, I'd say that we could expect two new Nintendo games for late '15 (maybe one Pokemon/Pikachu?)

Doczu

Damn, I have a university exam that starts at the same time as the Direct :(

Hey junior, think about it. Is you body READY? Get in touch with your inner self and see that Iwata gives you his blessing. But only if you watch the direct live.

LAA

I don't think anyone should expect anything, outside of n3DS release details and pricing, even that is taking a risk, but there will be a massive backlash if they say nothing when people have been getting them, so see it as very unlikely they'll say nothing. Expecting anything else only lead to disappointment.

What's likely to show up outside that, (That should be hoped for at the most), include Majoras Mask 3D (and n3DS features), MH4 release details, new wave of amiibos, probably S.T.E.A.M and Xenoblade Chronicles n3DS details.

On Wii U side, not expecting anything much for that. Hoping for Zelda U, Star Fox U sneak peak, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wooly World, MK8 dlc 2 details, Mario Maker, Captain Toad amiibo features, Hyrule Warriors majoras mask dlc.

For both/neither: SSB mewtwo tease, new wave of amiibos

I'll hope for new game announcement, but not sure for which, they could both do with new announcements, though Wii U's games are more spread out, 3DS is seemingly over by spring/summer, so maybe bets are more on that.

Best thing that could happen but probably wont, is a new Metroid. I don't even care for what anymore, just make one (Though I hope a Metroid U will be made eventually if not soon, gamepad opens up a lot of doors I think for that)

I'm expecting an HD remaster of some kind. I felt that if they were going to spam them out as quickly as possible, they'd have started last year. However, they almost certainly made money off wwhd, so I expect to see at least one more. I'm not sure what would be that easy to upgrade to a good visual state, though. A 3d mario, probably? As much as I'd lose my mind for Fire Emblem Radiant Collection, that would both be less friendly to a lazy remaster with its less-cartoony art style, and would be much less popular in general unless they convinced themselves to think of it as promotional work for FExSMT.

AdanVC

Hope this Direct begins with a megaton like the last one with Majora's Mask 3D. It can be an actual Zelda U trailer, a Starfox reveal trailer or something completely new. Ohhhhh #Hypepe

I own a Wii U and sold my 3DS XL months ago because I decided I have no time for two gaming platforms. Now this N3DS Direct is coming, and those money-spending feelings are coming back... oh crap.

Zalman

I think most new announcements this year will be for 3DS too, but I don't think we know the entire Wii U lineup just yet. I could see them announcing at least one 2015 game at E3.

But yeah, we shouldn't expect much more from Wii U this year.

Phazon

My personal prediction list

Nintendo Direct January 2015: Phazon's personal Prediction List full of life, hometown, hype, tears and megatons. Get hype anyway!

'Huge succeeded' List (very high chance to be a thing, almost a given)

- New 3DS Western 'reveal': info, price and releasedate (February 20 or 27)
- Monster Hunter 4 and Zelda: Majora's Mask: trailer, releasedate, info, bundled with N3DS etc.
- Kirby: trailer, EU am cry less (earlier than first said)
- Codename STEAM: trailer, release, maybe even a demo?
- Xenoblade 3DS being introduced to the West while Reggie says 'My body is really feeling it'
- Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition first details and release period (normal P&Z will come afterwards)
- Smash Miiverse/Tournament stuff, Mewtwo footage
- Some Devil's Third footage, info and maybe a date too
- At least one new, bigger announcement (can be either 3DS or Wii U)

'I'm really feeling it' List (Possible to happen)
- Yoshi, Mario Party 10, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, Star Fox shizzle
- New Amiibo announcements
- Hyrule Warriors DLC heads-up
- Game Freak project
- Animal Crossing Wii U
- Bravely Second and/or Final Fantasy Explorers coming soon to the West

'Iwata Laughs' list (unlikely to happen, but one can hope)
- Endless ocean .... of fan tears when there's no new Zelda Wii U info
- Year of the bounty hunter got cancelled. Metroid or F-Zero still not announced ;_;
- In the next chapter of 'sorry to keep you waiting', Nintendo forgets once again that Fatal Frame V and SMT x FE are a thing
- Live footage of Iwata visiting Square HQ, slapping Hashimoto in the face while saying 'Directly to you' and 'Please Understand'.
Then Square will finally announce a couple of Dragon Quest localizations (including X for 3DS) and all is well in the world again.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Don't forget Japan also get a Direct, and they already have the N3DS. So unless the JP Direct is significantly shorter...

They will show Rodea instead. Plus they get the games sooner anyhow, so they should have more games to show for Spring. Starting with Kirby and maybe ending with Xenoblade X.

Turrican3

They really have to localize Fatal Frame. And pull an F-Zero with that fantastic MK8 engine which would probably be cheap, yet prove useful to fill the anaemic WiiU lineup.

Not expecting anything major Retro-related (they must have been working on something for a long time, haven't they?) before E3. That is, assuming they're not already preparing for a nextgen title.

for Wii U?
I can totally see one game announced at E3 hit retailers for Christmas. especially if
Zelda will be delayed.
. Animal Crossing U or a Mario Sport Mix game. Plus, even another WW-like HD treatment could be announced this year and hit the market later in '15. Maybe Sunshine?

For 3DS, I'd say that we could expect two new Nintendo games for late '15 (maybe one Pokemon/Pikachu?)

Yeah, I mean it's not implausible and I'd love to be wrong, I just don't see anything major being released this year besides what we already know of for Wii U.

I hope there's more coming for 3DS though. That Pikachu detective game, S.T.E.A.M., and a Xenoblade port aren't going to cut it.

JoeM86

Here are my predictions

Start off with a Splatoon trailer - Coming May Japan, June US & Europe
Yoshi Wooly World - New trailer & dated for end of spring
Captain Toad amiibo features detailed. Patch available after the Direct
Hyrule Warriors Majora's Mask DLC detailed
Majora's Mask dated & N3DS details revealed
Codename STEAM trailer and specific date
New 3DS game #1
New 3DS game #2 (One of them Great Detective Pikachu?)
New Wii U title - Possibly a download one available this month. Maybe SNES remix or some new puzzle game
Regional specific announcements - N3DS & Monster Hunter + Indie Sizzle Trailer for US & EU, Japanese 3DS titles for Japan
Finish with a Smash Newcomer trailer - Mewtwo! Dated for March

Note: The above is speculatory and not an indicator of insider knowledge

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Here are my predictions

New 3DS game #1
New Wii U title - Possibly a download one available this month. Maybe SNES remix or some new puzzle game
Regional specific announcements - N3DS & Monster Hunter + Indie Sizzle Trailer for US & EU, Japanese 3DS titles for Japan

Hmmm seems too realistic; must be insider knowledge.

Feindflug

Mine is gonna be the most accurate prediction of this whole thread!!!

- New 3DS release date for Europe/USA
- Majora's Mask footage and date
- Yoshi Wooly World footage and date
- Kirby Wii U footage and date
- Devil's Third new footage and date
- More Splatoon footage only

And that will be all!!

I'd be happy with this list. :)

Kouriozan

Here are my predictions

New 3DS game #1

Just add Mario Maker and I'm happy with this.

Jagsrock

Banned
Wow this is awesome news,this week just keeps getting better. Really want them to give us some star fox details or perhaps a xenoblade chronicles x release date at least.

My somewhat conservative guess though
-Kirby
-Mario party
-mario maker
-Yoshi'wooly world
-more info on amiibo functionality
-Mario kart dlc pack 2 track reveal
-devils third
-new 3ds release date
-new majoras mask 3d gameplay with changes highlighted
-Xenoblade n3ds
-maybe a new game that takes advantage of n3ds.
-indie titles trailer
-new hd remake announced for Wii u
-if we are super lucky mewtwo newcomer trailer with a more solid release date of the dlc.

walnuts

What I want to see:

3DS:
- majora's mask launch date

Wii U:
- Xenoblade X launch date
- Zelda
- Splatoon
- Fatal Frame V localized
- Free Bayonetta DLC for Smash
- Original Shin Megami Tensei HD remake, Nocturne or SMT IV style
- New Metroid 2.5D