• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

Soraya Saga retweeted the announcement.

rOy1BTm.png

so we'll see a trailer of xenoblade chronicles x

i hope we'll get a release date

Here are my predictions

Start off with a Splatoon trailer - Coming May Japan, June US & Europe
Yoshi Wooly World - New trailer & dated for end of spring
Captain Toad amiibo features detailed. Patch available after the Direct
Hyrule Warriors Majora's Mask DLC detailed
Majora's Mask dated & N3DS details revealed
Codename STEAM trailer and specific date
New 3DS game #1
New 3DS game #2 (One of them Great Detective Pikachu?)
New Wii U title - Possibly a download one available this month. Maybe SNES remix or some new puzzle game

Regional specific announcements - N3DS & Monster Hunter + Indie Sizzle Trailer for US & EU, Japanese 3DS titles for Japan
Finish with a Smash Newcomer trailer - Mewtwo! Dated for March

Note: The above is speculatory and not an indicator of insider knowledge

now i agree

i just think new games are coming in a future direct.

barren q4 for nintendo as they need to maximise fy3 2016

Wow...that is the worst possible time. (-_-) Guess for once I'll actually have to watch a direct after it happens.

Edit: Predictions:

-Kirby Canvas Curse trailer.
-n3DS release Date.
-MM3D Trailer and Release date.
-Splatoon Trailer.
-Mario Maker Trailer.
-either a Xenoblade n3DS trailer or a X trailer.
-Captain Toad amiibo info.
-Project Steam or whatever it's called trailer and reconfirmation of release date.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would be nice to know what New 3DS face plates will be coming to Europe at launch so I know whether I need to import from Japan or not.

Forkball

Here are my conservative predictions:

Dates for New 3DS, Majora's Mask, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Monster Hunter 4
Trailers for Splatoon, Codename STEAM, and Xenoblade 3DS
Amiibo support info for Yoshi's Wooly World and Captain Toad
Wave 4 Amiibo info
Hyrule Warriors Majora's Mask DLC info
Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 DLC info
Smash update + Mewtwo info
Localization info for Puzzles vs. Dragons Mario Edition, The Great Ace Detective, Final Fantasy Explorers, and Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
Pokemon Z announced
SNES Remix announced
Dragon Quest XI confirmed as 3DS exclusive
Diddy Kong Racing 2 confirmed for Wii U
New Metroid titles for Wii U and 3DS announced
SMT x FE retooled to Persona x FE. You go to high school with the cast of Persona and FE games.

Zero²

You know what Nintendo, if you could at least put Nintendoland on the eshop I'd be glad.
But a xenoblade HD port would make me explode in happiness!

hao chi

Either a Fatal Frame V localization announcement or SMT x FE trailer would make me giddy.

I'm not getting my hopes up for either, but I'd be hyped.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Well Xenoblade Chronicles X is a Spring 2015 title in Japan, isn't it? So I fully expect it to appear in the Direct.

Come now. I don't recall a single global Direct that hasn't revealed at least one title.

all right...maybe they'll throw in a few eshop games or something

like the february 13th global direct we had last year:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/feature_the_big_nintendo_direct_summary_13th_february

only steel diver sub wars for the 3ds eshop (which we already knew was coming), and pokemon battle trozei for the eshop for new announcements

maybe something like that.

the point is, i'm not expecting anything big.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
honestly it was obvious.
Xenoblade 3D is the ONLY N3DS exclusive game already announced and confirmed for the West (AUS at least so...), while Xenoblade X is a Spring game for Japan.
We'll see it in the JP Direct, at least. And I'd say that for the 3D port we could see it released for February, alongside the Shulk amiibo.

LayLa

I wonder if there will be an "available from the eshop right after this Direct" game. Maybe the UFO icon catcher thing?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
X hype is a go!
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/343/5/d/xhype_by_onilink888-d898u9x.gif[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Benzychenz, post: 147201458"]Why do people feel the need to post 25mb gifs?[/QUOTE]
[B]BECAUSE[/B]
[B]X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA[/B]
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/x-gon-give-it-to-ya-o9xjdq.gif

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/feature_the_big_nintendo_direct_summary_13th_february

only steel diver sub wars for the 3ds eshop (which we already knew was coming), and pokemon battle trozei for the eshop for new announcements

That was the time of old bad Nintendo. After E3 they really demonstrated that they can learn from their mistakes

Now it's time for new good Nintendo to shine! Hopefully as shiny as old good Nintendo was!

ash_ag

Definitely expecting 1-2 major 3DS announcements, and the suspects are Great Detective Pikachu and Next Level Games' new project. I'm invested in the idea of the latter working on a 2D Metroid game, but I don't know if the logistics work with SPD. And thinking about the impact it would make, it might be more reasonable to reveal in E3 (alongside any potential sister project).

The Diddy Kong Racing rumor is easy to buy. 3DS desperately needs a new Kart-racing game, and utilizing the Mario Kart brand wouldn't be wise at the moment. With Monster Games' history with racing games, Donkey Kong, and even reviving franchises (Excite series), it's a match made in heaven. That said, the Rare characters look very disconnected from Donkey Kong without Banjo, and I'd much rather Microsoft keeps them. I'm not sure where that leaves a potential DKR2.

Scrawnton

Guys, are these archived instantly on YouTube? I'm a teacher and my prep period doesn't start until 9:40 EST. I want to watch it during my prep so I can avoid spoilers all day.

L~A

Direct is about games coming out in Spring.

Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out in Spring (in Japan.... and officially, for now :p).

I don't think Soraya Saga's tweet was needed to confirm the game would be shown, but who cares :p

Xenoblade Chronicles N3DS was also guaranteed to show up, it's pretty much the only N3DS-exclusive so far. I hope we get some decent footage this time around... and a release date.

Double Xenoblade (and Double Satoru, probably)... this Direct is already awesome in my book.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My chronologically ordered predictions:

Majora's Mask
Majora's Mask DLC for Hyrule Warriors
new 3ds together with Xenoblade n3ds
MHU4 + new 3ds features and bundle
Captain Toad Amiibo features
Kirby (+maybe a more decent release date for EU)
More details on the 2nd DLC for MK8
Devil's Third
Yoshi's Woolly World (maybe)
Code S.T.E.A.M.
new 3ds game
Xenoblade X (release Spring 2015 for Japan)
Splatoon (release Spring 2015 worldwide)

Blues1990

The Diddy Kong Racing rumor is easy to buy. 3DS desperately needs a new Kart-racing game, and utilizing the Mario Kart brand wouldn't be wise at the moment. With Monster Games' history with racing games, Donkey Kong, and even reviving franchises (Excite series), it's a match made in heaven. That said, the Rare characters look very disconnected from Donkey Kong without Banjo, and I'd much rather Microsoft keeps them. I'm not sure where that leaves a potential DKR2.

While I personally never been a fan of Diddy Kong Racing, I remember reading up on how Monster Games were going to incorporate the animal buddies in place of the transforming vehicles, when they were working on a DKR sequel. I wouldn't mind seeing that idea being put into practice.

weekev

Banned

Ahhh I see what you are doing, setting yourself up to be happy with no real announcements and not allowing yourself to get carried away. Come now hop aboard the hype train, its fun till it crashes tomorrow.

Starfox details
Project Giant Robot
Majoras Mask out next week
New Metroid
New F-Zero, exclusive to new 3DS as is new Metroid (dont worry they are saving a WiiU one for e3)
Kirby
Yoshio
Mario Maker
Xenoblade
Devils Third
A closer look at Zelda U
Then finished off with Mario Galaxy 3

Come on join me on board.

Top Bottom