• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

jariw

My prediciton:

F-Zero WiiU announcement
Star Fox WiiU gameplay
Metroid U announcement
Eternal Darkness U announcement
Wave Race U announcement (release next month)
Beach Spikers U exclusive
Mario Sunshine HD remake
Fatal Frame EU release
Zelda release date
Elite Beat Agents U announcement

Would this be related to "Spring releases", that this Direct is supposed to cover?

Aside from the obvious predictions (MH4/MM3D/New 3DS release date, amiibo wave 4, Captain Toad/Yoshi amiibo support etc), I'm gonna throw one other thing into the mix that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Collectible Badge Catcher.

I think this has been available in Japan for about a month or so, and I'm surprised it still hasn't shown up in NA/EU. I don't even think a lot of gaffers are aware of its existence..?

HHMPAqz.jpg

This application is like crack. Pure Nintendo crack. It's a UFO catcher game where the prizes are collectible "badges" that function as decorative stickers on your HOME screen. There are all kinds of different sets available, from Animal Crossing to classic Mario, to Zelda ALBW, even Mario Kart. They also come with matching themes. (Unfortunately it costs money to play, but you get a chance of getting free plays every day)

Here's some examples of what you can do with them (yes there are even functional badges for the Settings, Streetpass Plaza, Activity Log, etc. icons)

VI6aKMX.jpg

I think they'll announce this in the Direct. Could even be a "It will be available to download right after the Direct ends" thing like they usually do.

Hopefully not. Games like these are exactly the type of games I DON'T want to see in a direct or a E3.

I am dying to jump into 4th gen

3rd Gen went on WAAAAAAYYYYY to long man

It will be my first Monster Hunter game that I play for realsies until completion. I dabbled a bit on the PSP ones as much as finger claw's pain physically allowed me to and tried out MH3 on a few occasions but never got too far into it.

My most solid prediction, unfortunately, is that we will have gone for two entire calendar years now without N64 games on the Virtual Console, despite them being announced in the January 2013 Wii U Direct.

I will take no pleasure in being right again.

Blunoise

My prediciton:

F-Zero WiiU announcement
Star Fox WiiU gameplay
Metroid U announcement
Eternal Darkness U announcement
Wave Race U announcement (release next month)
Beach Spikers U exclusive
Mario Sunshine HD remake
Fatal Frame EU release
Zelda release date
Elite Beat Agents U announcement

you forgot shenmue Trilogy spring edition

It will be my first Monster Hunter game that I play for realsies until completion. I dabbled a bit on the PSP ones as much as finger claw's pain physically allowed me to and tried out MH3 on a few occasions but never got too far into it.

Awww should have played them on Vita or PC

ITS GLORIOUS

Expecting to see New 3DS, and interested hearing how much the face plates are going to cost. It would be nice if they show Majora's Mask and/or Bravely Second, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

openrob

I don't think this will be as interesting as I thought it might be.

It seems like an advertisement show rather than announcements show. Will get release dates and very few surprises

JoeM86

It seems like an advertisement show rather than announcements show. Will get release dates and very few surprises

Basically it's a Direct. It'll reveal stuff about games we know of, and it'll have a couple of surprises, like every other Direct that has happened :p

Awww should have played them on Vita or PC

ITS GLORIOUS

I don't remember seeing them for sale on the European PSN. I tried MH3 on the PC but the combination of having no friends that are interested in Monster Hunter, difficulty in playing it online and the controls on the PSP are the three major aspects that kept me from playing it.

Will Nintendo show both Xenoblade's in the Direct, or just focus on one?

That is the question.

Dunno

It was ambiguous how far along Xenoblade 3DS was. It might be absent

Xenoblade X though... Isnt that a confirmed early 2015 release?

I don't remember seeing them for sale on the European PSN. I tried MH3 on the PC but the combination of having no friends that are interested in Monster Hunter, difficulty in playing it online and the controls on the PSP are the three major aspects that kept me from playing it.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite should be on EU PSN for Vita

Portable 3rd can also be played but you have to import. You can back it up and apply a translation patch but things get really tricky for playing Portable 3rd in English

MH3U on the WiiU is also fantastic. Its literally everything you would want

There are a half dozen or so "early/ first half 2015" games for both systems that at the moment have no proper release date. Release dates in and of themselves for some of the bigger titles will be exciting enough.

I want Yoshi's Woolly World, and I want it right now.

ironmang

What games they announce will directly determine whether I get a N3DS this year or next. One game and some technical upgrades aren't enough for me to pay for a full MSRP system.

This is it the big. All in or nothing. We hype or die. Calling star fox reveal teaser of smt vs fire emblems Zelda trailer and an announced new 3ds project.

Predictions:

Trailers:

Xenoblade X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Splatoon
Majora's Mask
Codename S.T.E.A.M.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Release dates:

Yoshi's Woolly World
Majora's Mask

Surprises/ wild cards:

N64 games on the Virtual Console
HD remake of a major GameCube title
Wii U port of a major 3DS title
Anything related to Metroid
Smartphone app

Kouriozan

January Megaton Direct Part 2.0.
Oh wait, they don't need to, 2015 is already pretty packed for the Wii U, they just need to announce a few 3DS games/release dates and more important, localization!
Fatal Frame Wii U, Dragon Quest VII/X/Monster Remake, Bravely Second, Youkai Watch, Puzzle and Dragons Mario Bros. Edition then Z, let's do it!

January Megaton Direct Part 2.0.
Oh wait, they don't need to, 2015 is already pretty packed for the Wii U, they just need to announce a few 3DS games/release dates and more important, localization!
Fatal Frame Wii U, Dragon Quest VII/X/Monster Remake, Bravely Second, Youkai Watch, Puzzle and Dragons Mario Bros. Edition then Z, let's do it!

I forget Youkai Watch was being brought over

They might mention that one

NOTE: Xenoblade Chronciles is a New 3DS exclusive game. They will talk about this. For once, it's not an automatic Xenoblade X confirmation. It could be "just" Xeno 3DS.

She has never retweeted the direct when Xenoblade 3ds was announced for the first time...

Heroman

Banned
NOTE: Xenoblade Chronciles is a New 3DS exclusive game. They will talk about this. For once, it's not an automatic Xenoblade X confirmation. It could be "just" Xeno 3DS.

It's way too early for that. We never know the duration until a few hours before.
It does confirm X for be shown , at least in the Japanese direct since it coming out soon there.

Fuchs

This is going to be great!
I'd like to board the hype train, but during the Direct I'll be meeting up with this girl for lunch... What should I do, GAF???

I'd like to board the hype train, but during the Direct I'll be meeting up with this girl for lunch... What should I do, GAF???

Go with the girl

watch the Video later

Ive had so much regret for the times I put these damn videos before other things

Banned
I love how Nintendo always announces these Nintendo Directs so casually.
For real.

Nintendo is like that manager who walks in to an office full of cubicles whistling all casually and then suddenly says "staff meeting in 10 minutes" and then everybody goes apeshit getting papers and reports together and running around. Chaos. Nintendo wants chaos.

random25

You're asking GAF what's more important!?

of course the girl comes first. Watxh the video replay later.

Empty

captain toad amiibo, zero mission on vc and rusty' baseball for Europe plz

Boo at it being early, so i'm at work when it's on

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All I want is:
-Update on Yoshi's Woolly World. It seems like it suddenly lost any concept of a release window. It seemed like a spring release, but now?
-A date on Mario Party 10 (it's on the eshop "coming soon") and FFS please tell me it has online multiplayer this time.
-A date and price on Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
-Captain Toad amiibo info.
-Acknowledgement to NA that New 3DS exists.

They will probably still manage to disappoint me.

Top Bottom