• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

Banned
I have heard from a trusted source that video games will be shown on this direct.

My prediction:

The entire November direct with more footage plus big focus on n3DS.

chadboban

YAAAASSSS SORAYAAAAAAAA!!!!!! <3

Could be for Xeno3ds but remember Xenoblade X is a spring Japan release so it could show up in the Japanese Direct. Also the first time Xeno3ds was shown Soraya didn't retweet anything. Oh and didn't the Xenoblade X twitter account state that they wanted to give us some new info this month? (Although that could be related to just tweets)

ChaosXVI

Yes! I so fucking called it last week that there'd be a new Direct this month, it made way too much sense!

However, I'm not expecting any major announcements other than the n3DS, and getting solid release dates for games coming between now and May, with new footage of most or even all of them. That alone should fill a big chunk of time, with Mewtwo DLC and maybe a tease at May's Mario Kart 8 DLC taking up the rest of the time.

But because the hype is fun:
Wildcard - new Wii U remaster announced...Metroid Prime 1 or Trilogy...
I'll eat my own shoe if it happens.

Kouriozan

It'd be nice to have a re-reveal of SMT x FE with something like Path of Radiance + Radiance Dawn HD to make the wait less painful.
Oh, wasn't there a rumor of a Nintendo Remaster for 2015?
I think it was from the same guy who said "a game per month in 2015" though.

Soul Lab

Gonna close my eyes when xenoblade x shows up. I've seen enough of it. Some information about the online part would be nice though

Dee Dee

They had this rather big maintenance work of the online services yesterday. Preparing surprise download game?

I hope everyone bought some themes and gave Nintendo some gullible money for nothing, so that we now get the Sticker crane machine thing on 3DS as well. If anything will be a surprise download, it's bound to be this.

As usual, keeping my expectations in check, but I have not bought Captain Toad yet, waiting for the amiibo support patch to maybe push me over the edge. I hope this happens.

Molemitts

For real.

Nintendo is like that manager who walks in to an office full of cubicles whistling all casually and then suddenly says "staff meeting in 10 minutes" and then everybody goes apeshit getting papers and reports together and running around. Chaos. Nintendo wants chaos.

Except, this kind of chaos is way more exciting!

openrob

There exists a form of announcement show that isn't considered advertising?

Werll no, but I mean is that it will discuss things that we already know about, that are close to release, rather than make new announcements. I don't think we will see much new footage or details revealed over what we know. More likely to see dates and limited editions shown. (plus n3DS which is already out in other countries - minimising the hype)

Javier

And then the Direct was over.

wo47kUK.jpg

Will Samurai announce anything for that Smash online tournament mode?

Oh right, forgot about that. That update comes with a new stage, new music (for that stage) and some other features, should be good and was expected to release around now. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce it's releasing the next day, or after the Direct.

Or they'll hold it and release it with Mewtwo in April, which would be crazy.

I thought it was today but I guess that's because the announcement came out after midnight here :V

I'll be able to see the first part of it at least, but I have a thing at 10:30. If only I didn't :(

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'll be in class from 8AM to 11AM. It's going to be very hard to resist spoiling myself, especially in a boring three hour lecture. :/

KevinG

How did I miss this thread going up yesterday? I feel like I'm losing my GAF senses... usually they tingle when something hype is afoot.

ChaosXVI

Ah, damn that is one thing I forgot in my post, I definitely expect Star Fox to get a proper reveal, that will likely be the "big thing" in the Direct. If it really is coming out before summer ends (which for Nintendo is apparently October...) I feel like this is the place for it to be seen.

Doczu

Gold Member
Oh right, forgot about that. That update comes with a new stage, new music (for that stage) and some other features, should be good and was expected to release around now. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce it's releasing the next day, or after the Direct.

Or they'll hold it and release it with Mewtwo in April, which would be crazy.

I hope they will add some form of disabling stage hazards. Not omega stages, just normal stages without ridley, that yellow shit and stuff like that.

TheMoon

My prediciton:

F-Zero WiiU announcement
Star Fox WiiU gameplay
Metroid U announcement
Eternal Darkness U announcement
Wave Race U announcement (release next month)
Beach Spikers U exclusive
Mario Sunshine HD remake
Fatal Frame EU release
Zelda release date
Elite Beat Agents U announcement

You have learned nothing if you think they'd a) announce all of this in one single Direct that isn't at E3 and b) that they'd announce any release date (Zelda in this case) this early.

Is/was Soraya involved in any way in Xenoblade?

Doesn't matter. She also RT'd all of the Shulk-in-Smash related tweets last year.

Tom_Cody

Bare expectations:

-n3DS blowout: Release date for system and launch (and launch window) games. Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 at launch, Code Name S.T.E.A.M. arrive one month later.
-Amiibo news: I have no idea how they are going to handle this. Maybe they'll just show off the February releases. I'm expecting more info at the next investor's briefing.
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: a fair amount of time/coverage, including developer interview presented over gameplay.
-Yoshi's Woolly World: Release date (likely for March). I think they will favor coverage of KRC over this in this direct.
-Splatoon: Release date to be announced for May, essentially where MK8 was last year. They will continue to present this as a major release.
-Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U): Will get more coverage in Japanese direct. I expect that it will get a Spring release date there and a fall release here.
-Xenoblade Chronicles (n3DS): I expect that this will come out roughly 1-2 months prior to X in each territory, similar to the staggered launch of Smash. They will want to pool the marketing of both titles.
-Star Fox: Basic tease similar to the first look we got of Woolly World in early 2013. Maybe screens, maybe just a few more details.
-Zelda: Some more nuggets to fuel the speculation engines.

My modest hopes:

-Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS announced for the first half of the 2015 in the US (the sooner the better).
-One totally new 3DS game that will release in 2015
-n3DS bundle(s) announced
-Smash Bros DLC plans are revealed to be more ambitious than just Mewtwo
-Further indication that Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is still coming

Honestly all I need is the n3DS launch date/price and Xenoblade 3DS release date and I'm good, maybe some Xenoblade X stuff. It'll be almost impossible to dissappoint me.

Man it's crazy how hyped I am for a console I already own (Hated the idea of a n3DS too when I first heard of it) and a heavily downgraded port. Probably the first gaming related event I've been hyped for in over a year.

Realistic Predictions:

3DS
- New 3DS + Price + Release date for North America & Europe
- Xenoblade N3DS release date
- Monster Hunter 4 release date
- Majora's Mask 3D release date + Bundle announcement
- Codename Steam launch trailer
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon trailer + Release date

Wii-U
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse launch trailer
- Yoshi's Woolly World trailer + Release date (Probably around March)
- Splatoon single player gameplay + Release date (Probably around April)
- Mario Maker footage + Release date (Probably around May/June)
- Amiibo wave 4 announced
- Some e-shop stuff

And then they end the direct with a debut teaser for the new Star Fox and promise that we'll see it at E3 along with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda, and more.

Yeah out of all the ones I've seen thus seems to be the most accurate. Maybe toss in some Xenoblade X and a secret announcement.

daw man now I'm getting my hopes up for a new EBA sequel. At lest we'll for sure get an n3DS release + Splatoon and Smash/Kart DLC, which is all I really need.

Tom_Cody

Not possible

New 3DS and MH4U wins everything

I mean the stuff we already know about is more than good enough
This.

Nintendo has done a great job positioning themselves for 2015 (at least with people like me). I will be more than happy if they only deliver what they have already announced. New announcements will only be icing on the cake.

Top Bottom