• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct scheduled for June 3rd (Wii U concept news, 3PM PT/6PM ET Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. My hype just went through the roof. Wii U news before my body was ready on Tiesday? Idon't mnow if my heart can take it!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

U

Boney

Banned
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/statuses/209015157874110465

#Iwata‬, Miyamoto & ‪#Regginator‬ are in LA & gearing up to kick off E3! http://twitpic.com/9s3pxz

eQ2cO.jpg

Iwata back to looking young.

The blood of nintendo interns is working

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The #NintendoDirect focuses on the concept behind #WiiU. Streaming Sun 6/3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET & follow #NintendoDirect on.fb.me/KYtWD2

To learn about the #WiiU games, follow our live tweets on Tuesday 6/5 at 9 am PT/ noon ET. on.fb.me/KYtWD2

Yeah so they will show off the hardware and controller. giving more time at their PC for software, as well as making it easier for Ubisoft and EA to show games on Monday. And steals a bit of thunder. Makes sense.

What? Why would they do that? Trying to steal MS' and Sony's thunder?

Their major partners have conferences before them where wii u features will no doubt be discussed. Its better for them to show those off formally themselves before the others do. This will probably be only hardware related, all the software will be at their show.

mclem

Just realised *why*: Get the Wii U hardware unveil out of the way, and it frees up third parties to talk about Wii U products in *their* shows without stealing Nintendo's thunder.

Hiltz

Wait a second. Nintendo still hasn't revealed the initial Wii U software lineup it teased us about. Perhaps Nintendo Direct will be the place to announce them.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this is major hype induction. Great initiative by Nintendo to have this, perhaps they have so much material to share that one conference isn't enough. I'm really excited anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo are really the masters generating hype...goddamn !!!

Rösti;38434952 said:
Wow, this is major hype induction. Great initiative by Nintendo to have this, perhaps they have so much material to share that one conference isn't enough. I'm really excited anyway.

The fact that you're getting hyped and not delving into the depths of the patent offices to feed our brains with information is getting me even more hyped.

7threst

But this is weird and so sudden. Almost kinda unprofessional... then again, if NoA and NoE both posted tweets about it it's probably already planned weeks ago...

ElRenoRaven

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*Squeals like little school girl who just saw Justin Bieber*

I can't wait. It's my favorite time of the year. A time for laughs at bad conferences and a time for me to find some shit that floors me. And of course Nintendo is bringing the bombs early. WOOT

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Nah. Tomorrow is hardware/ controller, Tuesday is games.

Slight correction- this most likely is setting the table for Ubisoft EA and possibly more 3rd parties to show off Wii U software Monday.

RagnarokX

Just realised *why*: Get the Wii U hardware unveil out of the way, and it frees up third parties to talk about Wii U products in *their* shows without stealing Nintendo's thunder.
Huh? Nintendo's conference is first thing in the morning on the first day of E3. The only conferences before them are Sony and MS.

But this is weird and so sudden. Almost kinda unprofessional... then again, if NoA and NoE both posted tweets about it it's probably already planned weeks ago...

Nah. They know how to create hype and they just did it. If this would have been known about weeks ago there wouldn't be the frenzy about it that there is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom