• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct strikes back on the 27th featuring Iwata-Kun~ & Love Plus [Over]

(for west) What third party? Tekken 3D? Revelations? Crush3D (this one never had the chance)?

Seriously, western Q1 is empty as desert. Konami has to release MGS3 quickly or 3DS will lose its momentum (which was supplied only by Mario).

Resident Evil and ToA for NA are out in the first two months.

beje

Banned
Yes NA got ToA in 2012 but that's already been released in Europe. So it's just Tekken and RE: Revelations for Europe in Q1.
I think we still have to get Ace Combat here. Still, it's really sad that NoA and NoE still haven't learnt that you can't live off a single release a month anymore, especially if your main goal is avoiding the Vita getting momentum the very moment of launch.

Phenomic

Yes NA got ToA in 2012 but that's already been released in Europe. So it's just Tekken and RE: Revelations for Europe in Q1.

Isn't TOA just a straight port for the most part? I mean I imagine most of the people in NA who wanted to got their hands on a ps2 copy a while back. I'm sure some people will still buy it and play it for the first time and even replay it, but sadly I'm passing on it for Graces and other content.

It's good for Europe because they never got the release though for sure.

@MUWANdo

Banned
There's also Rhythm Thief and CRUSH3D, and Kid Icarus.

I don't think there will be a Reggie broadcast. This one was for Japanese Q1 dates and all Q1 dates for NA are known already, Tekken and RE: R for February and Kid Icarus Uprising for march. That's it. Really.

They already said there will be. There's plenty of stuff to talk about - third-party games from Western devs, eShop stuff, demos...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait..I was looking for the Fire Emblem clip and I caught some of Kingdom Hearts...and it looked like Joshua from TWEWY. Is that confirmed then?

SegatoFenghsen

Neo Member
I saw it on my phone, but at least there Dynasty Warriors vs. looked pretty great and like a major step up from Chronicles. Hope the title delivers ....I'm wondering which Nintendo costumes they'll offer.

I was surprised how much I missed the character switching from SWC when I played DW7. I'm definitely sticking to these types of musou games from now on. I also hope they announce a new Metroid during Reggies Nintendo Direct. I'm really enjoying fusion.

beje

Banned
I get the feeling they are just speculating, they said "may". Maybe wishful thinking
We should be grateful if we get just a couple of trailers from the conference on the eShop, if that. Remember how Nintendo likes to pretend nothing happens outside the continent and customers have no way of knowing like we're still in the mid-90's, it took one month of pestering so they could upload the eShop trailers from the E3 in Europe, FFS.

DarkWish

So, according to IGN NA and EU might be getting demos in the next 24 hours.
As always, take with a grain of salt.

All they're saying is we should get our own version of Nintendo Direct (with Reggie) in the next 24 hours and they might announce demos then. Nothing new, just speculation on their part.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Is it me, or should I stop hyping these videos up?
People only need to realize that these aren't conferences. It's a far better method of public promotion than NCL's retailer meetings where some blogs would just keep everyone up to date on these things.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why doesn't PAL-land get its own Nintendo Direct? I mean, sure, we don't have anyone as recognisable as Iwata or Reggie to present them, but surely they could find someone to do it? Get Zelda Williams to do it, even.

18-Volt

I think we still have to get Ace Combat here.

It's been released earlier this month.

@MUWANdo said:
There's also Rhythm Thief and CRUSH3D, and Kid Icarus.

Rhythm Thief hasn't been dated here. Probably end of march.

@MUWANdo said:
They already said there will be. There's plenty of stuff to talk about - third-party games from Western devs, eShop stuff, demos...

I really wish that would come true. Sadly, there's no quality western games announced for 3DS to be released before E3. Just more shovelware. There was Heroes of Ruin but they pushed it to Q2. I don't have any hope for demos. At least we got some eShop games to keep us busy... And those three games, of course.

I think we still have to get Ace Combat here. Still, it's really sad that NoA and NoE still haven't learnt that you can't live off a single release a month anymore, especially if your main goal is avoiding the Vita getting momentum the very moment of launch.

Ace Combat's been out in Europe for about a month now. It's not too easy to find in stores though. =x

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tekken 3D looks really good - im suprised, especially since its supposed to run at 60fps in 3D mode.

I missed the whole thing, can someone summarize?

brWCK.png

mj1108

All they're saying is we should get our own version of Nintendo Direct (with Reggie) in the next 24 hours and they might announce demos then. Nothing new, just speculation on their part.

Considering we knew about the JP one well before it was scheduled to be shown, they should know for sure whether we're getting one or not instead of just speculating.

Unless this is NOA's failure at getting the word out.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Summary of event please (other than the release of demos).

Anything new or relevant to the non-JP audience?

DarkWish

Considering we knew about the JP one well before it was scheduled to be shown, they should know for sure whether we're getting one or not instead of just speculating.

Unless this is NOA's failure at getting the word out.

I think you misread my post. We know we're getting a Nintendo Direct from Reggie, he even said at the end of the last one to "stay tuned for more video updates". What the speculation was on was the demos. We don't know if we are getting those demos, so the speculation is that Reggie will announce those for the US.

rpmurphy

Summary of event please (other than the release of demos).

Anything new or relevant to the non-JP audience?

Kiki Trick, sound-based minigame game made by the WarioWare team for the Wii. Looks very cool.

3DS lineup for the next few months in Japan:
1/12: Ghost Camera
1/12: Ace Combat 3D
1/19: Rhythm Thief R
1/19: Beyond the Labyrinth
1/26: Resident Evil Revelations
2/24: New Love Plus
2/16: Tekken 3D Prime Edition
2/16: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
2/23: Harvest Moon: Hajimari no Daichi
3/1: Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games
3/8: Metal Gear Solid 3D
3/8: Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai
3/8: Girl's RPG
3/15: Dynasty Warriors
Next March - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
3/22 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
4/19 - Fire Emblem 3DS

New Bravely Default trailer
eShop announcements nothing of note

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Online Kid Icarus battle mode.
Giant Feet.

Kiki Trick, sound-based minigame game made by the WarioWare team for the Wii. Looks very cool.

3DS lineup for the next few months in Japan:
1/12: Ghost Camera
1/12: Ace Combat 3D
1/19: Rhythm Thief R
1/19: Beyond the Labyrinth
1/26: Resident Evil Revelations
2/24: New Love Plus
2/16: Tekken 3D Prime Edition
2/16: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
2/23: Harvest Moon: Hajimari no Daichi
3/1: Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games
3/8: Metal Gear Solid 3D