• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2015

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Alphadia Genesis is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
  • Darksiders II is 75 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary is 50 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $12.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
  • Cyber Deals until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and more from Nordic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 3.
  • Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner’s Pack is 40 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.
  • Rock ’N Racing Off Road is 50 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 31.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• I Love My Pony (Bigben Interactive | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
  • Yumi's Odd Odyssey is 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
  • Cyber Deals until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • 1001 Spikes is 33 percent off (reduced from $15.00 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Retro City Rampage DX is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Aero Porter is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale is 62 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Bugs vs. Tanks! is 62 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Crimson Shroud is 62 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Liberation Maiden is 62 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • The Starship Damrey is 62 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Weapon Shop de Omasse is 62 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 2.
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 3.
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 17.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• Johnny's Payday Panic (Office Create | Demo)
  • I Love My Pony(Bigben Interactive | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Cyber Deals (Until November 30) Upcoming 11/27
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends December 3, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Atlantic Quest (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends December 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends December 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70/£5.70 (Ends December 17, normally €8.99/£7.66)
  • TOYS VS MONSTERS (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends December 17, normally €3.99/£3.99)

uxwGK.png

Why does Nintendo refuse to release Virtual Console titles to 3DS in the US? It seems so strange. Or is it up to Konami, Tecmo, etc?

Edit: Just noticed that those wonderful Level-5 'mini' games are all on sale for $2.99. Amazing.

JoeM86

Why does Nintendo refuse to release Virtual Console titles to 3DS in the US? It seems so strange. Or is it up to Konami, Tecmo, etc?

Edit: Just noticed that those wonderful Level-5 'mini' games are all on sale for $2.99. Amazing.

Bulk of first party titles are out now on the 3DS so it is up to third parties

@MUWANdo

Banned
Bulk of first party titles are out now on the 3DS so it is up to third parties

I don't think it matters what third-party devs are doing: Nintendo has completely turned off the tap, they don't care about 3DS VC anymore.

Pokemon R/G/B/Y will be the first JP 3DS VC release in over a year, and the last one before those is Pokemon TCG which they released on Xmas after another long stretch (6+ months) with no games, and that's all despite having one extra console (PC Engine) and more potential third-party content that's yet to be released. It's bad everywhere but Japan has it the worst for a change.

Pokemaniac

I don't think it matters what third-party devs are doing: Nintendo has completely turned off the tap, they don't care about 3DS VC anymore.

Pokemon R/G/B/Y will be the first JP 3DS VC release in over a year, and the last one before those is Pokemon TCG which they released on Xmas after another long stretch (6+ months) with no games, and that's all despite having one extra console (PC Engine) and more potential third-party content that's yet to be released. It's bad everywhere but Japan has it the worst for a change.

Nintendo needs approval from 3rd parties to release their games, so third parties are definitely important to the process.

However, in general, it seems likely that the focus for VC at Nintendo is with Wii U and NX. Work on NES or PC Engine games on 3DS is rather redundant with the Wii U emulators having more features, fewer compromises due to hardware, and just generally being a better base for them to use going forward. The lack of GB and GBC games is slightly odd, though, especially with the Gen I Pokemon games being released. Even there, I haven't looked at the list in detail, but I don't think there are too many more games that would be candidates for release.

Robin64

Hopefully Nintendo of Europe are saving all the bomba sales for tomorrow, then, because today's sales are rather lacking.

tolkir

Friday sales

Wii U

- Super Mario 3D World €35.99 | £30
- The Wonderful 101 €29.99 | £24.

3DS

- Super Mario 3D Land €26.99 | £23.99
- Puzzle & Dragons Z €17.99 | £14.99

Hopefully Nintendo of Europe are saving all the bomba sales for tomorrow, then, because today's sales are rather lacking.

They said we expect huge deals.

Starting this Friday November 27th, there will be new deals on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles on Nintendo eShop each day, concluding on Monday November 30th 2015. Expect huge savings on beloved Nintendo franchises as well as a few cult classics throughout the weekend.

Sales Train doesn't stop.

3DS

- Super Mario 3D Land €26.99 | £23.99
- Puzzle & Dragons Z €17.99 | £14.99
Fire Emblem: Awakening – $27.99
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – $23.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising – $24.49
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – $20.99
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon – $27.99
Mario Golf: World Tour – $20.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – $20.09
Rune Factory 4 – $19.99
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse – $9.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt – $7.50
BoxBoy! – $3.49
Crashmo – $4.49
SteamWorld Dig – $4.99
Inazuma Eleven – $9.99
1001 Spikes – $9.99
Retro City Rampage: DX – $4.99
3D Sonic the Hedgehog – $2.99
3D Out Run – $4.19
Siesta Fiesta – $2.99
Mutant Mudds – $4.49
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – $6.49
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream – $2.49
Metroid – $2.49

I mean, come on! Why EU must be always a joke lol

Xenoboy

Hey guys, it's better than the shit NISA gives us. The day Atlus can regurarly release games in EU is the day I'll be buying more of their games.

VegiHam

So, uh, NoE haven't changed the prices on their webstore for the games that are on sale?

Guess that brings us back around to "WTF why is there no comprehensive online version of the eShop so that going out of town this weekend doesn't mean missing out on tomorrow's deals? Fucking hell Nintendo it's practically 2016 already..."

Edit: Not that it really matters with the ludicrous 'deals' they're offering. When £30 is a special one off discount treat; you know your prices are too freaking high.

-shadow-

The lack of a web version of the eShop really stings. Thankfully I'm home everyday, but my connection has been acting up and I don't think my neighbours will like it if I would tap into their connection...

Glass Rebel

The sale is so disappointing I'm almost considering buying Puzzle & Dragons Z. I wish I could buy it separately tho as I will never touch the Mario part.

maxcriden

FYI, if anyone is looking for a good price on Yoshi's Woolly World, Amazon will have a flash deal today at 3:55 PM EST. (credit to Crimsonclaw111!)

I'm actually kinda jealous y'all got P&D on sale. That was the main thing I wanted from the US sale and is one of the few titles I wouldn't mind having on my system at all times. Plus I missed that $22 preorder on Amazon before the game came out.

Hope y'all get some more games y'all actually want soon.

I'm actually kinda jealous y'all got P&D on sale. That was the main thing I wanted from the US sale and is one of the few titles I wouldn't mind having on my system at all times. Plus I missed that $22 preorder on Amazon before the game came out.

Hope y'all get some more games y'all actually want soon.

And I'm jealous because you got rune factory 4 xDD

I bought the Amazing Spider Man for $10. It's uh...actually pretty decent? It sorta feels like a throwback to the first Spider Man Movie game that was on PS2/GCN/Xbox. Linear, but with pretty decent sized areas to explore.

Looks pretty OK too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I'll just try out Shantae & the Pirate's Curse on 3DS now and OMG ARE ALL THE BOOBS IN 3D?! WAYFORWARD MOVING FORWARD IN THE BEST WAY FOR 3D.

All seriousness, 3D is rather good at showing the depth of the building & such and playing on the New 3DS, ZL/ZR switching & c-stick is helpful as to not deal with the touch screen

zroid

Banned
Well I'll just try out Shantae & the Pirate's Curse on 3DS now and OMG ARE ALL THE BOOBS IN 3D?! WAYFORWARD MOVING FORWARD IN THE BEST WAY FOR 3D.

All seriousness, 3D is rather good at showing the depth of the building & such and playing on the New 3DS, ZL/ZR switching & c-stick is helpful as to not deal with the touch screen

going to get this tomorrow. just need pick up an eShop card from best buy (I have a coupon).

The AVGN games are 50% off or thereabouts as well.

(Trying to track this stuff is a wicked rippin' PITA).

Are you checking http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers ?

I think it lists every discounted game on Wii U and 3DS now

Tizoc

EU 3DS Deals today:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D 23,99€
Ultimate NES Remix 23,99€

:/

Can someone check Wii U?

Been wanting to get Ultimate NES Remix, but dat price... I mean it's GBP 21 but I'd rather have it retail in case I wanna play it on my N3DS XL whenever I get that.

RiggyRob

EU Wii U Deals today:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 29,99€
Pikmin 3 29,99€

I guess these are okay-ish.

They're slightly better because Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze are quite hard to find at retail now, and £24 for a Nintendo game is alright actually, better than Super Mario 3D World at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
going to get this tomorrow. just need pick up an eShop card from best buy (I have a coupon).
As someone who just could NOT get into the GBC original (hit box was a bit wonky & WHERE THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSE TO GO), this one is sooooo much better. Just having a map & a better sense of where to go makes this way more enjoyable, especially with the fact locations are split up into islands instead of what felt like one giant-ass overworld. For $10, it's totally worth checking out.

I went with 3DS because I felt this was better suited for portability, especially considering there's limited save spots.

I think it's kind of silly that Shantae uses her hair as a weapon. I'm still thinking about getting it though.

Punch out is probably worth 2.50 right? Little Mac is kind of hard to play in Smash, but I'd like to play his original game.

Is 3d Outrun worth the $4? I'll probably get that.

Refyref

I think it's kind of silly that Shantae uses her hair as a weapon. I'm still thinking about getting it though.

Punch out is probably worth 2.50 right? Little Mac is kind of hard to play in Smash, but I'd like to play his original game.

Is 3d Outrun worth the $4? I'll probably get that.

Punch-Out is good, but it requires some pretty precise timings, so be ready for that. Outrun is definitely worth it, if you like Sega racers.

I got Rune Factory 4. Canadian price was the same as the American price, which was nice. I was thinking of a few others (BoxBoy, Pushmo World, Art of Balance), but I have too many other games to play, and have bought too many other games recently.

I would've prefer RF4 physically, but I can't remember when I last saw a copy in-store, not even on sale. I also can't even find a decently priced used copy, so this sale was the best option.

zroid

Banned
I got Rune Factory 4. Canadian price was the same as the American price, which was nice. I was thinking of a few others (BoxBoy, Pushmo World, Art of Balance), but I have too many other games to play, and have bought too many other games recently.

I would've prefer RF4 physically, but I can't remember when I last saw a copy in-store, not even on sale. I also can't even find a decently priced used copy, so this sale was the best option.

Only thing keeping me from getting RF4 right now is that Popolocrois is coming out pretty soon.

Refyref

Shame on me for taking this long to get Rune Factory 4, considering how much I liked 3.
Also, I really regret buying Bugs vs. Tanks, for reasons that have less to do with the game's quality and more to do with what it is.

Pokemaniac

is anyone using a 64GB with their new3DS?

EDIT: is there any 3DS game that does not have a digital release?

I have a 64GB card in my N3DS XL. Work's fine for me.

Also, filtering by Nintendo 3DS Retail Only on my Wii U
(random side note: Why can I still not buy 3DS games from my Wii U?)
I get 85 3DS games. That said, the vast majority of them are 1.) third party and 2.) from 2011 or 2012.

I THINK Cave Story 3D?

EDIT: Yes, this is one of them.

Top Bottom