• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2015

@MUWANdo

Banned
How are the 3DS Harvest Moon games? Or Hometown Story? Just curious since some of them are on sale. I picked up A-Train 3d Cause it looks cool, just curious if I should be looking at getting any of those.

Tale of Two Towns and A New Beginning are fine; if you're limited to one purchase, ANB's the one to get.

The Lost Valley is the first "Harvest Moon" game made after Natsume lost the rights to the series and while it's not terrible, it's missing a lot of the features people associate with modern Harvest Moon games and is pretty much nothing but farming, which a lot of people don't like.

Hometown Story is just dull, I don't think anyone has anything good to say about that game.

sheaaaa

That's country locked, not region locked. You guys are in the same region. :)

I'm in Singapore but have a Canadian account - pretty sure I tried buying US eShop cards when they were cheap somewhere, and the codes didn't work. Not 100% certain though.

TheMoon

I'm in Singapore but have a Canadian account - pretty sure I tried buying US eShop cards when they were cheap somewhere, and the codes didn't work. Not 100% certain though.

You seem to misunderstand. I wasn't saying US cards should work in Canada, I was just getting hung up on your terminology.

RedColumn

Question: If I want to share the first images of a indie game coming only to Wii U eShop, where should I post them? is here a good place because is Nintendo Downloads? or is there a Wii U coming games topic for that?

TheMoon

Question: If I want to share the first images of a indie game coming only to Wii U eShop, where should I post them? is here a good place because is Nintendo Downloads? or is there a Wii U coming games topic for that?

Just do it here. No need to ask, actually, this ain't no formal venue. Just post away :)

Platy

IIRC, Unlike the US eshop, our Canadian eshop accepts international credit cards. ymmv.

Yeah but you can't pay with paypal on the eshop ... so freelance money have to be transfered and then paid so you loose some in paypal fees

RedColumn

Just do it here. No need to ask, actually, this ain't no formal venue. Just post away :)

Ok then :).

Its about the indie game that I'm developing only for Wii U: 3Souls.
Today I released the first images. The game will be launch on the Q2 of 2016 on the eShop.

It's a platform/puzzle game, and the gamepad is the key for me to develop the game on the Wii U. On the screenshots you can see the first character, Nelesa, and the start of her journey in the world of 3Souls.

3souls_screenshot_1.jpg
3souls_screenshot_2.jpg
3souls_screenshot_3.jpg
3souls_screenshot_4.jpg

Little by little, until the launch of the game, I will be showing more details, images, and a trailer. You can follow me on @Red_Column or @Indie_eShop ;)

donny2112

Dozens of games on sale, and I don't find anything I want to bite on. The sale doesn't seem bad, but with Club Nintendo, Ambassador games, and purchasing habits, there's just not much left. So much for the dreams of Smash DLC being discounted. (-_-)

My hopes for a Christmas sale:
Mega Man (all on 3DS VC ones)
Mario Tennis (GBC)
Super Mario Bros. DX
DKL 1-3
LEGO Jurassic Park (3DS)
Phoenix Wright trilogy at 50% off (come on, Capcom!)
Smash DLC

Seems to be a little heavy on 3DS there...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cyber deals are now up!

Wii U:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - $34.99
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – $34.99
Pikmin 3 – $38.99
The Wonderful 101 – $19.49
Rayman Legends – $19.99
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – $27.99
Don't Starve: Giant Edition – $7.49
Teslagrad – $7.49
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse – $9.99
Adventures of Pip – $7.49
Chariot – $7.49
Never Alone – $5.99
SteamWorld Dig – $4.99
Child of Light – $7.49
Trine 2: Director's Cut – $9.99
Little Inferno – $4.99
Mutant Mudds Deluxe – $4.99
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails – $4.99
Pushmo World – $4.99
Art of Balance – $4.49
Blek – $2.99
Kirby's Return to Dream Land – $12.99
Star Fox Command – $4.99
Mario Golf – $4.99
Metroid Fusion – $4.79

3DS:
Fire Emblem: Awakening – $27.99
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – $23.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising – $24.49
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – $20.99
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon – $27.99
Mario Golf: World Tour – $20.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – $20.09
Rune Factory 4 – $19.99
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse – $9.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt – $7.50
BoxBoy! – $3.49
Crashmo – $4.49
SteamWorld Dig – $4.99
Inazuma Eleven – $9.99
1001 Spikes – $9.99
Retro City Rampage: DX – $4.99
3D Sonic the Hedgehog – $2.99
3D Out Run – $4.19
Siesta Fiesta – $2.99
Mutant Mudds – $4.49
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – $6.49
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream – $2.49
Metroid – $2.49
Probably will give in & get Shantae on 3DS once I get paid on Friday

Any of you guys played Rune Factory 4? I would like to hear some thoughts on it, since that caught my eye for the sale. Everything else I already have or don't want. I may double dip on Shantae again though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So for $10, Shantae is worth it, right? I tried the GBC original & it looked great for the system, but not long into the game, I had absolutely no idea where I was suppose to go. I've heard Pirate's Curse has a map system & it's much easier to get around/know where to go?

From the sale, I can recommend Pushmo World, Crashmo, Scram Kitty (though maybe it'll go on sale on PSN if you have a Sony system), Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Gunvolt, Boxboy, 3D Outrun, & AA Trilogy (you're basically paying less than $7 per title).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, next week. I finished Picross e4 last week & have been tempted by e5 & e6, maybe I'll try that out for the time being. Wonder how the pricing will be.

& tomorrow's VC title is Konami Krazy Racers.

Edit: Now I'm reminded that we never got that Club Nintendo version of Picross that Japan got....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Picrites are rare stones with magical power. You can obtain them in various ways during your gameplay, such as by clearing a puzzle. With Picrites you can access more and more areas. You can also help the Pokémon recover their skills by using Picrites. Picrites may also be purchased with real money in Nintendo eShop."

I'm guessing Pokemon Shuffle? It almost seemed like Stretchmo in which you could just buy more areas, but we're not entirely sure, aside from "free to start", i.e. similar to Stretchmo more than Pokemon Shuffle which is completely doable without spending money.

zroid

Banned
Do we know the full situation with that game? Is it like Stretchmo or like Pokemon Shuffle?

Joe made an informative post about it in the other thread

Closer to Rumble World.

Basically, you earn Picrites as you play the game, by completing levels.

Picrites are then used to open new areas, and to remove the recovery time on support Pokémon, as well as your recover your Energy gauge (each move you make removes 1 value on your energy gauge, it regenerates over time. Energy gauge is 200 values big) faster.

You can also purchase Picrites as well as earn them through standard play. However, you can only ever buy a total of 5,000 Picrites, just like the limit in Rumble World. Once you've done that, you're done for spending for the life of the game. We only know Japanese pricing where 5,000 Picrites costs 3,750 Yen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Rumble World was fine for a while but then just hit a giant wall when you realize how expensive it was to unlock new locations to play in & how long you'd have to wait to get the chance to play it again.

Does 1 move = 1 block being filled in, or actually moving around on the board?

zroid

Banned
Rumble World was fine for a while but then just hit a giant wall when you realize how expensive it was to unlock new locations to play in & how long you'd have to wait to get the chance to play it again.
Does 1 move = 1 block being filled in, or actually moving around on the board?

probably one block being filled in, that's just a guess though

i suppose the question is how big is the energy gauge

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It said 200 in the post you quoted, so probably enough to fill a few 10x10 puzzles. Real question is how quickly it fills up.

zroid

Banned
It said 200 in the post you quoted, so probably enough to fill a few 10x10 puzzles. Real question is how quickly it fills up.

:lol I don't know how I missed that.

yeah as long as I can do like one puzzle in a sitting without paying anything then I think that's reasonable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Last thing I want is to be in the middle of a puzzle, but then the energy gauge is empty, so I can't finish it, or worse, forces me out & then I have to start all over again. Maybe there'll be some kind of requirement as to how many you'll need to start the mission.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
https://wayforward.com/news/2015/11/the-obligatory-fall-sale-you-totally-expected/

For Nintendo consoles

3DS
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! 2 (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]

WiiU
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! 2 (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (NOA Only) – 50% off [Nov. 25th – Dec. 2nd]

So, Wayforward had more deals than what Nintendo announced (both Wii U and 3DS feature just Shantae in their Cyber Deal lists)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MSF was mentioned in last week's PR as I recall with a few other games that would be on sale over the weekend like the Guild 01 & 02 titles.

Guess I'll finally give in & get Pirate's Curse on Friday after getting paid. Sounds like Risky's Revenge could be on sale over on PSN since there's no mention of Playstation systems. How was that for those who played it on DSi or another system?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Risky's Revenge is a fun but obviously unfinished game with a terrible map (that they fixed in the PC/PS4 port, IIRC).

It's also supposed to be coming to Wii U/3DS at some point but WF are still keeping mum about those versions, even though it's been a long time since the listings appeared.

Ladekabel

Pokémon Picross = Dec 3rd

EU too? If so, then shit. I need to make mor eprogress in Fallout 4 before Xenoblade comes.

Do we know if Pokemon Picross requires online connection? Thought I could play Badge Centre on the train but the requirement of an internet connetion made me use the game much less than I planned.

L~A

MSF was mentioned in last week's PR as I recall with a few other games that would be on sale over the weekend like the Guild 01 & 02 titles.

Guess I'll finally give in & get Pirate's Curse on Friday after getting paid. Sounds like Risky's Revenge could be on sale over on PSN since there's no mention of Playstation systems. How was that for those who played it on DSi or another system?

Yup, plenty of sales actually started last week.

Anyway, NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

Konami Krazy Racers – In this fun Game Boy Advance racer, choose from 12 of your favorite Konami characters, all with unique racing abilities. Speed your way through 16 action-packed, fun-filled courses. Collect coins to upgrade your car, unlock hidden courses and race by your opponents on your way to the checkered flag.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals are here! Gaming fans can save up to 50 percent on a selection of top-rated Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games until Dec. 2 at 8:59 a.m. PT. Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS to see these great deals.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Rock ’N Racing Off Road is 50 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 31.
Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and more from Nordic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 3.
Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner’s Pack is 40 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 17.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 3.

Activities:

National StreetPass Weekend: Thanksgiving Edition – After you fill up on turkey, be sure to load up on StreetPass tags during the Thanksgiving National StreetPass Weekend (Nov. 26 – Nov. 29). Stop by any of the more than 29,000 Nintendo Zone hotspots across North America with your Nintendo 3DS system to get up to six StreetPass tags from across the globe. If you’re playing the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, you might even run into Felyne, a special character inspired by the Monster Hunter series.

Miiverse Fan Faves Sweepstakes – What do you think were the best Nintendo games of 2015? Make your voice heard and earn a chance to win some cool prizes by entering the Fan Faves Sweepstakes. Head to the Miiverse Fan Faves 2015 community from Dec. 1 to Dec. 3 to vote for Nintendo 3DS games and from Dec. 4 to Dec. 6 for Wii U games. Good luck!
NO PURCH NEC. US res only (incl. DC). 13+ Deadline for Nintendo 3DS Fan Faves 2015 Sweepstakes: Miiverse Dec. 3 / Mail-in Dec. 5. Deadline for Wii U Fan Faves 2015 Sweepstakes: Miiverse Dec. 6 / Mail-in Dec. 9. Rules: Wii U - http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal/miiverse-fan-faves-2015-wiiu/; Nintendo 3DS - http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal/miiverse-fan-faves-2015-3ds/.

Also new this week:

Cutie Pets Jump Rope (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
PET HOSPITAL (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I Love My Pony – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Top Bottom