• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2010

Guy Legend

XB360 is still riding high from introduction of new hardware and clearing out of discounted older stock. Halo Reach should keep it on top in Sept.

Also glad to see the PS3 almost catching the Wii. Impressive Madden numbers as well for the PS3 sku.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Warm Machine said:
I think Mafia 2 is doing pretty well given the few days of sales. 1/4 of a million by the end of the month is pretty good actually.
Only 2K knows if these are good numbers.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Interesting. Madden numbers are almost exactly the same as last year if you combine PS3 and PS2 together.

360:
MADDEN NFL 10 (360; Aug-09) 928,000
Madden NFL 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360) -- 920,800

Playstation:
MADDEN NFL 10 (PS3; Aug-09) 665,000
MADDEN NFL 10 (PS2; Aug-09) 160,000
(Combined = 825,000)
Madden NFL 11 (Electronic Arts, PlayStation 3) -- 893,600

PS2 version didn't even chart this year. Perhaps the last of the PS2 holdouts finally upgraded to a PS3 in the past year.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Gravijah said:
So guys... HOW 'BOUT THAT PSP!

Don't worry, it's successor was announced at E3 and set the world on fire with its 3D display.

Oh wait, that was the 2nd highest selling console this month, not the one that is dead last.

Warm Machine said:
I think Mafia 2 is doing pretty well given the few days of sales. 1/4 of a million by the end of the month is pretty good actually.
Mafia II isn't exactly the type of game with legs. 1/4 million on a 60 million dollar budget (and who knows the marketing budget) isn't something to get excited about.
This is doubly true when the competition last month will be nothing compared to the next few months.

Guy Legend

Gravijah said:
So guys... HOW 'BOUT THAT PSP!

marcus-rivers-psp-step-your-game-up.jpg

Owzers

Smokey said:
STEP YA GAME UP

Nah. If I was to guess I'd say 2-3.5million in first month.

I had to buy my psp used because Sony never felt like dropping price :( Only used system i've ever bought i think.

Smokey

sillymonkey321 said:
I had to buy my psp used because Sony never felt like dropping price :( Only used system i've ever bought i think.

I had a PSP for about 2 months. Bought one JUST for God of War: Chains of Olympus. Beat that game, then sold my PSP.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
2 Minutes Turkish said:
So do we give Reach a real chance of topping MW2s 6 mill first month?
Nope.

I don't think it will even beat MW2s 4m on 360 first month. Mostly because it's a non holiday month.

Sad face at NPD going quarterly.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
sillymonkey321 said:

Seriously, Sony needs to drop that thing to $150 or $140 ASAP unless they are announcing PSP2 at TGS.

shwimpy

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Didn't MW2 do 6 mill JUST on 360?

Because that's what I was referring to.

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* (360) |Nov-09| 4.20M
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* (PS3) |Nov-09| 1.87M

FrankT

Vic said:

Last September the Slim hit(well some places early August) with a price cut, and hit 491k. Nothing like that to show for this month. Month will look bad in comparison. Just a straight line weekly average assuming no drop from 4 to 5 would put it at 282k.

Presco said:
Doubtful, but it might top the MW2 on 360 number. 4 point something million.

Still believe it will be under 4, but who knows.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kafel said:
There was a PS3 + Madden pack, no ?
For Best Buy I know.

It had to do probably with the exclusive Sony/EA marketing deal going on. Game was heavily marketed for the PS3 version. But this also looks like it is the continued money hatting that's been going on for the past few major releases on the PS3 system from EA.

Culex

Banned
Three straight months of Xbox over Wii. I'm guessing we are seeing the writing on the wall now for Nintendo's console. Price cut or some magic needs to happen ASAP.

farnham

Banned
markatisu said:
You forgot Wii Party sir
oh yes i did. forgot about it since its been out for ages in japan. nintendo could have absorbed a lot of damage if they had released wii party in June

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Boney said:
Sorry pal, that doesn't exist. I still expect DK to do crazy good. Not Mario crazy, but crazy indeed.
Kirby EY might be more appealing to people than the previous entries and might sell very well and I except Wii Party to perform greatly as well.

Bizzyb

Banned
Wii is done for. Throw in the towel. Once Kinect and Move drop on the scene it's over. Nintendo better be getting that Wii 2 ready for a 2011 release cause if not they are seriously fucked.

Also Nintendo, 3DS in 2010 or drown

Spiegel

Hcoregamer00 said:
Seriously, Sony needs to drop that thing to $150 or $140 ASAP unless they are announcing PSP2 at TGS.

You mean 99$ or less, don't you?

A 19$/29$ pricedrop would do nothing.

Culex said:
Three straight months of Xbox over Wii. I'm guessing we are seeing the writing on the wall now for Nintendo's console. Price cut or some magic needs to happen ASAP.
Nah, the Slim had a lot to do with it and it's not the holidays yet.

The true test is this holiday season.

rosjos44

Culex said:

Yea because 360 or PS3 is really going to reach 30 million consoles in America in the next year or two.

Top Bottom