• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2008

Kard8p3

It's funny how some are expressing disappointment in wii sales. So what if it didn't beat the PS2s record it still sold amazingly well. The DS was clearly a beast though.

Mama Robotnik said:
npdrowan.gif
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PURE WIN

AS USUAL

:lol

Suburban Cowboy said:
first page!

FAIL! :lol

DS numbers are insane.

Wii is even more insane. First time ever that 2.15 million in a month is considered a disappointment?:lol

Holy shit @ Mario Kart DS.

methane47

700K for PS3 not bad..

Good job PS2 still keeping in there..

WOW at Wii ... thats absolutely ridiculous.. i have no clue why people are buying so many of that thing.

what were the expected sales for the big 3 btw?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
well, for the first time, i'm on the first page of the NPD thread. edit: NOOOOOOO

anyway, great job Wii, DS O_O, regular output for MS, poor sony

schuelma said:
TOP 10 FOR THE YEAR:

Top 10 Games of Calendar Year 2008

1. Wii Play w/ remote - Wii – Nintendo – 5.28 million
2. Mario Kart Wii w/ wheel – Wii – Nintendo – 5.00 million
3. Wii Fit w/ balance board – Wii – Nintendo – 4.53 million
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii – Nintendo – 4.17 million
5. Grand Theft Auto IV - Xbox 360 – Take-Two – 3.29 million*
6. Call of Duty: World at War - Xbox 360 – Activision – 2.75 million*
7. Gears of War 2 - Xbox 360 – Microsoft – 2.31 million*
8. Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3 – Take-Two – 1.89 million*
9. Madden NFL '09 - Xbox 360 – Electronic Arts – 1.87 million*
10. Mario Kart - DS – Nintendo – 1.65 million

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/npd-nintendo-drives-08-industry-sales-past-21-billion-/?biz=1

Wii users don't buy games LOLZ

Wii users don't buy 3rd party games is I believe the saying...

LCfiner

Intersting.

a couple things. I am surprised that Wii supply did not get closer to 3 million. I guess they really only had 4 mil for Nov and Dec in the US.

The 360 numbers are pretty impressive, especially when compared to the PS3, doubling its sales. Goes to show that a) the arcade unit is a good idea to expand marketshare and b) no one cares ENOUGH about blu-ray to make the PS3 a huge seller this Xmas. Not breaking one million for the PS3 has gotta be rough on Sony.

I wonder how Sony can reduce price on the PS3 going forward? what else can they remove?

DS sales are solid and the PSP broke a million, which is nice.

oh, and Mama Robotnik is awesome once more.

Great numbers for 360 hardware sales. Left 4 Dead did better than expected. Call of Duty:WaW sold damn well too, and gets too much hate on this board.

Zapages

How did the new Prince of Persia fare? Any numbers or figures concerning that game? As its doing really bad right now so far from what I've heard in Europe.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So obviously 2 mil is pretty much the absolute limit of what Nintendo can get into North America in a month.

CiSTM

Banned
Not so epic numbers. I was really expecting more from wii judging by last months numbers. Good numbers but doesn't deserve OMG reaction :(

Interesting numbers. Wii didn't quite hit the magical December people thought it would although on balance for the year of course it was a dominant performance. Good month for the 360.

PS3 Well... There's always Killzone 2.

And Left 4 Dead on 360 has to be considered a big surprise hit at this point. It outsold a lot of other franchises which I don't think many people banked on.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
EviLore said:
WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 1.46M
360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 1.33M
WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD 999K
WII MARIO KART W/ WHEEL 878K
WII GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR 859K
360 GEARS OF WAR 2 745K
360 LEFT 4 DEAD 629K
NDS MARIO KART 540K
PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 533K
WII ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK 497K

at least Wii Music didn't chart :lol seems like half the other first-party games did, though

And what do my wondering eyes see? Is that a PS3 game in the top 10?! (good for CoD!)

Top Bottom