• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia's "Super Secret" Live stream - how the grinch stole AMD's christmas

60fps streaming is my guess

Could be.

I hope something related to ShadowPlay comes out of this.

Last I read ShadowPlay was being delayed because the video files couldn't be viewed in Windows Media Player. What the fuck? I'm sure the 3 people who actually use Windows Media Player will be super upset.

Anyone who will actually use ShadowPlay (aka, not Mr Joe Console) already has MPC-HC installed. Windows Media Player. Bah!

Mrbob

Glad to see competitive game bundles come back.

It's a nice offer but if the R290 comes in around 500 to 550 then the 780 is still over priced even with that bundle.

Or I'll just wait. These top end video card prices are ridiculous.

Jafku

oh please, the game looked like complete ass. all the missions they showed this year looked boring and lame as heck
It's just my opinion. I was particularly going to get Killzone and Watch_Dogs, and now it's just get Killzone. no need to get defensive.

The PC version of Watchdogs was delayed as well...
I realize that. however there are more benefits to playing multiplats on PC, and are usually cheaper then playing the same multiplats on console. Don't get me wrong I'm still gonna get ALL the next-gen systems, it's just a matter of what time is right for me personally.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So the main selling point of the Shield is playing PC games on the go in the house.

Streaming PC games on it is the biggest thing, but you can also play android games with its controller function (so it make android games playable) and ofcouse all sort of emulators.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
no 780 discount? lol

Tomorrow
BELIVE

not until AMD reveal R9 290X real price I guess since nvidia will like to counter that.

Well that was a boring super secret live stream.

again
pcperspective-nvidia-txat0.png

super secret = October 21

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
KoKecRc.png

Not even mentioned as a feature for Batman which was one of the best and most advertised uses of the technology. So few games really got it right, but when they did it made a OMGWTFBBQ difference. Playing Trine 2, Arkham City, Skyrim and some others at 1080p60 3D was a sight to behold.

The Oculus Rift and competitors will surely take titles like Skyrim and FPS's further, but something like Trine or Civ5 probably won't work the same way as a monitor...

Monitor support is what killed 3D vision, Nvidia should've make it work with any 120hz monitor, not only few selected/Vision ready monitors (most of them are bad) which is sad because 3D vision is still the only good way to play in 3D.

Schrade

Hahahahahahaaha, this is amazing if true.

I posted a while ago about it:

So it appears that this is delayed because it originally recorded using the m2ts container and nVIDIA is saying that some players have difficulty with that. (fuck those players... use a real one!)

So they are reworking it to use the MP4 container.

Sigh... just release what you have and then do mp4 later!

NVIDIA ShadowPlay Scheduled Release Update
ManuelG said:
We'd like to give everyone an update on ShadowPlay.

Our original plan was to launch a beta of ShadowPlay this summer. Unfortunately we were not able to meet that date. We understand many of you have been eagerly waiting for this feature and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

ShadowPlay was originally designed to output video files in M2TS format. During the course of our testing, we found that this format did not work robustly with various popular players. We are now in the process of moving over to MP4 as the container format. We expect this transition to be complete fairly soon.

We are very excited about ShadowPlay and look forward to sharing this new feature with you soon.

Sethos

Banned
I posted a while ago about it:

Yeah, it's such a weak excuse. How relevant is this? Who is actually at the stage where they have a new GPU, does game recordings and still use WMP as their only player? How relevant is it when you upload it to YouTube or render the footage?

Silliest thing I've heard in years.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
All I see is a painful amount of ghosting on the 4k tv photo

moving up to higher res with gpus is great, but lcd tech can't keep up at all, these 4k panels are still just as bad at displaying motion than all the current 1080p ones.

I don't think you can judge ghosting from a photo of a TV taken on an angle :) Find some press who played on it and ask them for an honest assessment.

I get the awful feeling that the Cryengine Bokeh DOF will get disabled in any Cryengine game that has Nvidia DOF, leaving only a basic blur DOF for anyone without an Nvidia card.

That's not our style. Whenever we add something we add it as an optional extra. You can choose to use it, or use the default whatever included with the game.

xemumanic

It's not horribly bad, just a stupid excuse. One should never hold anything up because of Microsoft's broken player.

It's not that Microsoft's player is broken, its just that M2TS isn't a format that's common to 'normal' people. They did say "various popular players". That pretty much means any DirectShow-based player with the stock codecs installed. Your average gamer isn't going to have editing software nor do they care to know that there is free software out there that can handle the format, as common and ubiquitous as players like VLC are. They just want a file format that is familiar, and will work out of the box without anything extra.

Sethos makes a good point about ShadowPlay requiring a newer GPU, but it doesn't take the most expensive card to do this even now. It's the same functionality that allows for streaming to the Shield. I just hope for the sake of everyone else for whom M2TS is actually a better choice, that format is still an option.

EDIT: Furthermore, isn't the dedicated encoder on the 600 and 700 series cards only able to encode to H.264 anyways? The container format doesn't really matter much.

I get the awful feeling that the Cryengine Bokeh DOF will get disabled in any Cryengine game that has Nvidia DOF, leaving only a basic blur DOF for anyone without an Nvidia card.

That would require rewriting even the most default blur in cryengine (which is also a bokeh). I doubt that....

I just imagine Nvidia is spewing some non-sense again. I have no idea why they want to use their bokeh instead of the default cryengine one which is obviously going to mesh better with the rendering pipeline.

KKRT00

That would require rewriting even the most default blur in cryengine (which is also a bokeh). I doubt that....

I just imagine Nvidia is spewing some non-sense again. I have no idea why they want to use their bokeh instead of the default cryengine one which is obviously going to mesh better with the rendering pipeline.

Just make some bullet points on the cover perhaps. As long as its optional and do not screw things up, its ok by me.

Top Bottom