• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia's "Super Secret" Live stream - how the grinch stole AMD's christmas

Nethaniah

It does. Ubi released a "next gen effects" trailer months ago, demonstrating the rain, sea waves and foliage upgrades.

Will check that out, it was one of the things i really disliked about FC3 that the foilage just kind stood there and you glitched through it.

artist

Banned
AMD flew journos down to Hawaii, unveiled new GPUs, a new API, and new audio technology.

But according to you the only difference (your words) between these two events is the fact that AMD streamed the event themselves?

Did you see the AMD conference? Maybe we're not talking about the same one?
You think the press at this event are there on personal expenses?

nicolas20cage20laugh2yfk6.gif

Nethaniah

It does look like Ubisoft is putting some effort into the ''next-gen'' (and pc) version of this game, wonder why Watch_Dogs looks so uninpressive compared to it.

artist

Banned
Where did I say that?
"AMD flew" ..

In this case, Nvidia flew press to this event as well. Like I said, the difference is that AMD decided to stream it themselves and Nvidia didnt. This is also getting tangential to the thread, so I wont continue this ..

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
"AMD flew" ..

In this case, Nvidia flew press to this event as well. Like I said, the difference is that AMD decided to stream it themselves and Nvidia didnt. This is also getting tangential to the thread, so I wont continue this ..

You know when to quit with your nonsense, at least you have that going for you.

heyf00L

The game has PCF shadows for umbra pen umbra... I think they know that.

Also... the game really does not look THAT impressive.

Where did you see or hear that? Didn't look that way.

And no, when they're trying to pimp god rays, translucent leaves/sails, and POM -- all of which were in Crysis in 2007 -- I'm not that impressed.

Where did you see or hear that? Didn't look that way.

And no, when they're trying to pimp god rays, translucent leaves/sails, and POM -- all of which were in Crysis in 2007 -- I'm not that impressed.

Yeah, definitely not impressed on my end consider Crysis 1 had all those things like you mention.

I am pretty sure the game has PCF shadows... but your doubt puts doubt in my mind.

I guess we will have to see when it comes out.

Gestault

You know, I have about $500 bucks to spend on a PS4 + games, and I have half a mind to just say fuck it and get an upgrade from my 7850. Also Watch_Dogs delay did not help PS4's cause

The PC version of Watchdogs was delayed as well...

Oh, well i never really got that far into 3, figured this was mostly new for the series.

At least on PC AC3 was already the "next gen" version. It really undermines the feeling of generational shift where the game that spans the generations has the least changes to it when compared to the games launched on previous gen consoles.

Grief.exe

I will watch tomorrow, they seem to think the stream will be more exciting.

I swear that if I even see a Ubisoft logo I will rip the Nvidia cards from my PC and sacrifice them on a pyre of burning ash.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Tomorrow is announcement day, basically. Starts at the same time, and I believe PCP are streaming it again.

Stay tuned to your favorite hardware sites today for off-screen gameplay and impressions from the demo rigs (4K ACIV, Project Cars, Batman, etc), interviews with on-site devs and NVIDIA staff, stuff from their studio tours, and live hockey scores from the match tonight.

Edit: Holiday Bundle details are being uploaded to GeForce.com

Top Bottom