• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia's "Super Secret" Live stream - how the grinch stole AMD's christmas

ss_lemonade

What the heck is this Shield 360 I see being posted?

Speaking of the upcoming consoles, I already used the money on a 780 lol, so I think I can wait until more exclusives are out before I go thinking of buying an xbone or ps4.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
You know, I have about $500 bucks to spend on a PS4 + games, and I have half a mind to just say fuck it and get an upgrade from my 7850. Also Watch_Dogs delay did not help PS4's cause

you can spend half that and get double the PS4's performance. added to the fact that every game you buy on an open platform will scale with your hardware, it doesn't make sense to ever buy a multiplat on a console.

Jafku

Yeah but a graphics card doesn't come with a new controller, bluray drive, 500gb hard drive, and console exclusives.

I built my PC about 6 months ago, and didn't exactly choose the best GPU. I'll concede on the console exclusives, however I have a blu-ray drive in my PS3 and my laptop, a 1.5TB HDD and a 120GB SSD, and I use a Xbox 360 controller for games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider.

I just hope SteamOS support is among the anouncements. There are signs that the main anouncement will be hardware, not software related. I cannot imagine any other hardware from Nvidia than an Oculus competitor. If that is true I am curious how the whole VR trend will play out. Most people do not seem to care for stereo 3d glasses for games and movies. Therefore I do not quite understand why the excitement for 3D HUDs is as high as it is.

Yeah but a graphics card doesn't come with a new controller, bluray drive, 500gb hard drive, and console exclusives.

But at least my old controller and racing wheel will still work with my new graphics card, as will all my games.

(also for 500 euros you can buy all of those and a graphics card, if you needed them, which you won't)

Cucobr

back to topic, shall we?
My thoughts about tomorrow:

> Battlebox (dah!)
> Price cut of GTX 700 series, especially the GTX 780
> 4k Gaming
> Shadowplay
> New GTX Titan Ultra
> An "Oculus Rift" made by nVidia

Momentary

Banned
I'm going to hold fast and wait for Maxwell. There's nothing that they can announce that will make me start my next build now.

Demon Ice

Banned
GTX 780 $499

Believe

That would be huge.

I highly, highly doubt it, but goddamn do I want to be wrong.

Good thing PCs already have 3/4 of those things and don't need to upgrade them every single time with a new GPU ;) Imagine all the money you'd save if you didn't have to buy an entire new box every console generation. Oh the waste.

Sorry to respond to console kid trolling, can't help it >_<

SparkTR

Has more value. Besides if you plan on getting both a graphics card and a next gen console, it seems like you would be better off getting the console first. Three years from now the PS4 specs won't change. However 3 years from now you'll have better graphics cards or at the least you'll be spending $200 on a card that would cost $400 today.

From my perspective, if I buy a new console now I'd essentially be paying premium for a doorstop. The line-up on those things look abysmal. Better to let it wait until they have some backlog built up and save some money while doing it.

ss_lemonade

Just when I thought u was buying a 290x, if the ultra posts significant improvements I'm in!
But what if it has a significant price tag?

If the 780 receives a good price cut, I might be tempted to get another for SLI. I currently have a seasonic x750. I'm guessing that'll be enough?

Zeth

If there is a 780 for 499 I would buy it immediately(I don't expect it). Will probably wait for 870/880 for a more significant upgrade from a 680.

ekim

So can we expect something big today? And why is the PcPer stream in 4 days when the original event is over?

and an array of titans to power it. No longer will our PCs be confined to a single tower or the limits of a three pronged powerplug.

lol

I misread that and thought you meant one of these:
afb2971.jpg

Like you have a pc so powerful it already has 3 power cables leading out the back and it isn't enough.

I just hope Nvidia has some love for us normal folk who can't shell out thousands of dollars for high-end equipment. I don't want to go with AMD as my gfx card of choice but I will be forced to if the difference in value is heavily in AMD's favor.

HariKari

So this thing is actually tomorrow and Friday, not Monday? What's the reasoning behind not streaming the presentation? Assuming Nvidia has some cool shit to announce, plenty of us would like to tune in. Jen-Hsun Huang talks a good game.

So this thing is actually tomorrow and Friday, not Monday? What's the reasoning behind not streaming the presentation? Assuming Nvidia has some cool shit to announce, plenty of us would like to tune in. Jen-Hsun Huang talks a good game.

Agreed, plus Nvidia's streams are of excellent quality. I managed to sit through AMD's 3-hour snoozefest, I would love to follow the proceedings live.

artist

Banned
I'm still confused - Is there any website/schedule or anything about the event today/tomorrow?
Based on what I know, a lot of the press is in Montreal already and as per Andy they aren't bound by NDA so we'll get live updates through the next two days. All major announcements up on GeForce.com as well.

I'm headed to bed since I'm working tonight, so I won't be here with you all as the fun unfolds. Hope it's a good one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Release new drivers that improve performance on a GTX 670 2GB tenfold.

Thanks.

Top Bottom