• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's a new month for WrassleGAF, and it's always nice to take a quick look back to the past. Back when men were men, titles had prestige, and we could tell our friends with pride that we were die-hard fans of this incredible sport.

Memories...

Anyway, here's what's been happening in the wacky world of sports-entertainment this month.

WWE:
LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!
(October 3rd)
John Cena def Seth Rollins in a Steel Cage Match to retain the US Championship
Dolph Ziggler & Randy Orton def. Rusev & Sheamus
Neville def. Stardust
Kevin Owens def. Chris Jericho to retain the Intercontinental Championship
The Dudley Boyz were DQ'd against The New Day for the WWE Tag Team Championships
Brock Lesnar def. The Big Show
Team Bella def. Team PCB

NXT TAKEOVER: RESPECT! (October 7th)
Bayley vs Sasha Banks in a 30 Min. Iron Woman Match for the NXT Women's Championship
Finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
Apollo Crews vs Tyler Breeze
Jordan & Gable vs Baron Corbin & Rhyno
Finn Balor & Samoa Joe vs The Mechanics
Asuka vs Dana Brooke

HELL IN A CELL! (October 25th)
Brock Lesnar vs the Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match
Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt in a Hell in a Cell Match

NJPW:
KING OF PRO-WRESTLING!
(October 12th)
Kazuchika Okada vs A.J. Styles for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito in a #1 Contender's Match
Togi Makabe vs Tomohiro Ishii for the NEVER Openweight Championship
Bullet Club vs Kazushi Sakuraba, Shinsuke Nakamura, & Toru Yano
Kenny Omega vs Matt Sydal for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
reDRagon vs Roppongi Vice for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
Cpt. New Japan, Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata, & Kota Ibushi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, Satoshi Kojima, & Yuji Nagata
Tomoaki Honma vs. Yoshi-Hashi
David Finlay, Jay White, Juice Robinson, Sho Tanaka, & Yohei Komatsu vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Kushida, Máscara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Tiger Mask

RPW:
UPRISING! (October 2nd)
AJ Styles def. Will Ospreay & Marty Scurll to retain the Undisputed British Heavyweight Title
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger def. CHAOS
Shinsuke Nakamura def. Big Damo
Josh Bodom def. Jimmy Havoc to retain the Undisputed British Cruiserweight Title
Kyle O'Reilly def. KUSHIDA
Tetsuya Naito def. Mark Haskins
Martin Kirby def. ACH

GLOBAL WARS UK! (October 3rd)
AJ Styles vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Marty Scurll
Big Damo vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Will Ospreay vs Kazuchika Okada
KUSHIDA vs Martin Kirby vs Tetsuya Naito
Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs Sha Samuels & Jake McClusky
Mark Haskins & Joel Redman vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
Lord Gideon Grey vs Gedo

IMPACT WRESTLING:

So stick around for Jolly Kane, the #DivasRevolution, dirtsheetz, constant longing for Lucha Underground's return, and potential things even scarier than Raw's ratings!

If there's one thing I want from a rival pro wrestling promotion, it's holiday themed ppvs.

It's a shame Halloween Havoc is literally the best possible name for a Halloween ppv.

WWE will bring Bryan back to save ratings

And a month later he'll die again

And at least one poster here will be stunned at how this strong brave icon legend god king could possibly have an injury that's significant while the bad weak mean boring lame plebs who suck stay healthy and get pushed to the top because of it

All while the ratings stay nuked

All this has happened before, and will happen again

Not to say that's true, but is that legal?

At some point if you can't produce a result for a mandatory drug test, I believe it is legal for the workplace to treat it as a failure. Some places also say they'll come back at another random time for another attempt, at which point if it happens again it's absolutely a failure.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Hey RastlinGaf, i've a question. My friend just bought me two tickets to an event this saturday(not the Madison Square guardian one) and but I can't get there till an hour after the show. Am I allowed to show up an hour late? Will they just turn me away?

Hey RastlinGaf, i've a question. My friend just bought me two tickets to an event this saturday(not the Madison Square guardian one) and but I can't get there till an hour after the show. Am I allowed to show up an hour late? Will they just turn me away?

I'd presume they'd still let you in, but don't know from experience - perhaps phone the venue to make sure?

Top Bottom