• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old GAF and silly bans

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Dragona rode up on a horse and lopped my head off

I was one of her many victims......*rocks back and forth*

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No permission to see it :(.

Sorry, was posting on my phone and imgur was being weird about giving a regular embed link, tried an internal attachment but don't know if we actually have those set up properly permissions wise haha. Here:

MIAtXcw.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Would be cool if I could get my old account back and get it merged with this one (I preffer my old username "mindfreak191"), it was a junior account, but as stated above the ban was just ridiculous....Thank you in advance!

Yeah I'll investigate, sec.

I caught a permanent ban for condemning Antifa violence. I guess I should have praised the violence?

Anyway, couldn't contact anyone on new GAF to get my account back so I started this one with a dash at the end. Is what it is. I like new GAF a lot more.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Would be cool if I could get my old account back and get it merged with this one (I preffer my old username "mindfreak191"), it was a junior account, but as stated above the ban was just ridiculous....Thank you in advance!

All set.

I caught a permanent ban for condemning Antifa violence. I guess I should have praised the violence?

Anyway, couldn't contact anyone on new GAF to get my account back so I started this one with a dash at the end. Is what it is. I like new GAF a lot more.

Just had a look. Good ol' charlequin BS. I'm still not done going through all those ludicrous incidents on the main Ban Justice list, but your appeal was on there and pending. Sorry about the trouble and the inability to get in touch (you can use support@neogaf.com or PM me). I've taken a look at it just now though and overturned your ban, now merging your accounts and getting you your original username back, stand by.

Edit: accounts merged, username changed, and upgraded back to member status. Cheers.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Honest question, with no malice, but why he isn't a mod in resetERA?

Maybe he is under a different name, while posting on his original account name once in a blue moon as a member? 🤔

Or maybe they already filled that IdPol quota with the other dude Slayven.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/slayven-is-the-worst-ioc-all-of-us.61311/

How did he or she become a mod?

Just one liner stupid comments one after another on every topic.

They are like the lead character from Death Note. The sad face was a typo but I am leaving it in.

If this angry human with nothing to say is moderating any community, then please ban me. Having a moderator that is a troll, is not conducive to a healthy community.

Last edited:

Hudo

that bish dude is a complete and utter dork. hes the one that banned me but its weird how back then people would always jerk him off with all these lame "banned" gifs. i hope he steps in dog shit
I shall now end my sentences with this when addressing my adversaries. I thank you, good Sir, for this.

Strazyplus

Found this forum thought it was cool, signed up and lurked for a year until I got approved. then I just lurked with occasional posts.

The other thread on the "old GAF" had me thinking... what are your silliest/most unjust bans from old GAF nazi moderation?

Here's mine. Premise: This has been my only ban, I've been banned only once, so I had a clean record before this.

On the SFV Laura's presentation thread there was the usual outrage on women's representation and yada yada yada. Some female GAFfer ranted "I just did a karate chop and my boobs didn't jiggle like that", which I quoted and replied with "Do you have the breasts and body type of a cartoon character? If so, wanna marry me?"
Banned one month for misoginy.
Since that I stopped posting until the split.
I find it funny now, but I was pretty damn pissed at that point.

What about you guys?

Probably some guy pretending to be a woman. But to be fair he was probably a typical obese keyboard warrior so the breasts thing could have hurt his feelings. :messenger_sun:

STI

that bish dude is a complete and utter dork. hes the one that banned me but its weird how back then people would always jerk him off with all these lame "banned" gifs. i hope he steps in dog shit
fuck bish guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got banned here once during the fiasco surrounding Chick-fil-a funding anti-same sex marriage groups or some shit.

I posted something about craving a Spicy Chicken Sandwich and was banned for either trolling or derailment. I don't remember. But I got a good lol out of it.

All set.

Just had a look. Good ol' charlequin BS. I'm still not done going through all those ludicrous incidents on the main Ban Justice list, but your appeal was on there and pending. Sorry about the trouble and the inability to get in touch (you can use support@neogaf.com or PM me). I've taken a look at it just now though and overturned your ban, now merging your accounts and getting you your original username back, stand by.

Edit: accounts merged, username changed, and upgraded back to member status. Cheers.
Christmas came early this year! Thanks a bunch!:messenger_beaming:

petran79

Banned
I'd like to see the return of Modbot in cases where threads need to be locked or merged. Any mod could make anonymous funny jokes through this entity without the need to expose themselves.

I think my ban was unfair. But i really don't mind not recovering my old account. After that i was done with gaf. Then i heard about gaf accepting registers with free emails and decided to give it another try.
And i'm glad i did. I'm not that active anymore but i like how this place has improved so much. And it's good to see EvilLore reverting some of the crazy bans.

LordRaptor

I'd like to see the return of Modbot in cases where threads need to be locked or merged. Any mod could make anonymous funny jokes through this entity without the need to expose themselves.

Thats literally why modbot was such a terribly fucking shitty idea in the first place.
Being a forum moderator is supposed to be like, an administrator or a janitor. You clean up messes, you keep conversations flowing.

Locking up threads because you have a hilarious zinger, or treating bans like you're an action hero with some 'hilarious' send off line is bullshit.
Doubly so while doing it as an anonymous coward.

Horatius

yeah a lot of bans happened with "you're not a good fit for this forum" and variations thereof as the reason, especially for those who were ahead of the curve on noticing how indoctrinated and hypersensitive the forum was becoming.

i think i originally joined circa 2009, to escape how militantly pc the penny arcade forum became actually loool, but it wasn't long before this place started following the same trajectory. by about 2012 iirc i got permed with something like "if you dont like this place why dont you leave" as the message, and in one sense that's fair enough, i really didn't like what this place became, but that's only because this place and a lot of the people who posted here changed, not because i actually disliked the forum i joined originally.

how ideological neogaf became chafed at me all the way back then lol, and that's nowhere near the peak of how insane the vibe and posters here got.

now the entirety of western culture is corrupted by the same strand of preciousness and egotistical oversensitivity, but hey, at least this place is sort of back to normal lol

Always thought bishs seemingly random junior purges were bizarre. And yeah modbot was consistently a complete asshole. At least bish didn't hide behind it like other mods did.

haxan7

Banned
in 2011 on my original account i had a whole thread turn into a GIF bonanza targeting me after a 2 word joke comment. someone even made a gif with me as supergirl.

petran79

Banned
Thats literally why modbot was such a terribly fucking shitty idea in the first place.
Being a forum moderator is supposed to be like, an administrator or a janitor. You clean up messes, you keep conversations flowing.

Locking up threads because you have a hilarious zinger, or treating bans like you're an action hero with some 'hilarious' send off line is bullshit.
Doubly so while doing it as an anonymous coward.

Compared to this, modbot was a trifle

From the youtube video above:

Larry Bundy Jr:
Resetera Forums, ah lovely place, went on there during the ChangeTheChannel TGWTG drama to ask why they dismissed everything I had to say because I was apparently a "GamerGator, and they were looking up stuff I had written FROM THE LATE NINETIES on my Sega Dreamcast to counter anything I said. They then apologized to each other for talking to me publicly on the forums and had mods PM me demanding I copy and paste statements THEY had written to denounce my opinions as the forums felt uncomfortable with my presence, despite me being 100% friendly and open to any questions they had. I love trying to have a sensible conversation with someone, only for them to shut me down with false labels, really shows their character. But when they read this and post it on their forums, I'll just get "Fuck him, he's a GamerGator" in responses. Which shows how immature they really are.

LordRaptor

Compared to this, modbot was a trifle

Hey, don't get me wrong, this is a topic about dumb bans you've got on GAF.
I got banned with my ban message literally just being my username here, like I posted on page 1.
I don't have any secret insider info on how the bans system here works, but I'm pretty fucking sure it was because someone did it through modbot because they couldn't be fucked to actually login.

Reseteras promises of transparency were at least in part - I'm pretty sure - because a lot of people fucking hated how modbot enabled mods to be dicks completely anonymously.
Their 'transparency' didn't last too long when they had authority though, now they just engage in coptalk (Did you get a warning for telling someone to fuck off 6 months ago? Thats a history) to cover bullshit bans, and they still do it anonymously so you have no idea if its just a particular mod with a hard on for you or some pet cause they over zealously moderate.

lifa-cobex

Trying to remember what the details of the thread were about.
Thread about some lad shagging his ex teacher (or 2) a few days before he became of legal age.
I ended up arguing with Amirox about it. He decided to call me a rape apologist (lol). I started demanding an apology (knowing full well I wasn't going to get one).
Ended up getting a ban instead for a month? This was only a few years back so he wasn't even a mod then.

I remember the thread opening up again later down the line. She didn't get charged with rape or abuse of a minor shockingly.

Last edited:

Apt101

Bishop banned me for a month or two and told me I should do some self reflection over the holidays because I "claimed a discussion wasn't worth having" involving voice actors of color in games. First, I had done nothing of the sort. Second, being chastised by a grown man with clear anger control issues and the maturity level of a teenage boy was so dripping with irony I felt like I needed to take a shower.

Top Bottom