• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Event is live on PC/PS4/XB1 (4P co-op Brawl, new cosmetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Didn't know "brother" was strictly American :p
Given that he is not calling for a sibling, a brother in arms, or he is not Hulk Hogan. It is pretty safe to say he was asking about an African American character based on the sentence structure. I am only making an assumption though, he would be the one to be able to clarify what he meant.
Isn't Reaper African American?
His full name is Gabriel Reyes and he is Mexican American.

There's no way the method they sold/gave Summer Loot Boxes wasn't a tremendous financial success for them.

They also received and acknowledged the tremendous backlash from fans with the items not being purchasable with currency.

They could just make them cost twice as much as regular items or something I dunno. I'm hopeful....

xaosslug

j1PHXHh.jpg

Its Yelena from Deus Ex HR. (But purple)
tmp_25613-yelena-6830plunb.jpg

I've been thinking about Harper Row since the leak:

fb928545d0827f73b8fe23062c0b799deed7fc78_hq.jpg

They both have the hacking thing going on as well.

it's almost as if mainstream thinks 'hackers' have a certain kind of look... ;P

Given that he is not calling for a sibling, a brother in arms, or he is not Hulk Hogan. It is pretty safe to say he was asking about an African American character based on the sentence structure. I am only making an assumption though, he would be the one to be able to clarify what he meant.

And I have never known brother to strictly mean "African-American" and have heard it used to refer to men who are black world-wide.

Considering the possibility that hat poster remembered Lucio is in the game, that gives weight to your interpretation, however.

Skii

Does anyone remember what time the Summer games came out? Just trying to work out when the Halloween stuff drops tomorrow.

Phu

Banned
Does anyone remember what time the Summer games came out? Just trying to work out when the Halloween stuff drops tomorrow.

I don't remember for sure, but it was definitely midday. The announcement tweet for the summer games went up about 11:30ish am EST, so it was probably live a bit before then.

Shredderi

All characters and levels for Overwatch will be free.

Them Halloween lootboxes will cost you your soul though.

Well I dunno. I mean, I kinda bought into it with the mentality that I paid upfront for the maps and characters that were coming later since the actual base game was pretty barebones for a full priced game.

Squire

Banned
Nope. They keeping credits for non-seasonal event items and default unlockables.

I will say though that the whining and crying in Blizzard's forums this week will be delicious.

Let's be honest: We're gonna get another round of it right here on GAF, too. Probably edgier this time.

"Blizzard's Halloween event made me trade in Overwatch, FU Kaplan!!"

Let's be honest: We're gonna get another round of it right here on GAF, too. Probably edgier this time.

"Blizzard's Halloween event made me trade in Overwatch, FU Kaplan!!"

Eh, it won't be worse than the threads on there like "Blizzard promised us! Part 49" where they ask if anyone's a lawyer so they can sue.

I'm saving up my lootboxes specifically for this event. I need dat Mercy witch skin.

They unforuntately generate the items once you obtain the box. Your best chance for getting a lot without paying money is to go past Level 100 and prestige since Level 1-20 have easier level-ups.

Tuffty

People compare Sombra to Laura from SHV or Yelena from Deus Ex : HR, but my first thought was of Mistral from Metal Gear Rising

latest

Dartastic

I don't think they work that way.

Loot boxes are generated the moment you get them. It does not make a difference if you open them now or mid event.

They unforuntately generate the items once you obtain the box. Your best chance for getting a lot without paying money is to go past Level 100 and prestige since Level 1-20 have easier level-ups.
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Looks like I'm going to have to get in some games ASAP as I'm 81.

Mesoian

Is this for real? How do we know?

We've known that since the last event.

[BLIZZARD] Lylirra posted on 07/12/2016 05:41 PM:
Now that we’ve revealed our upcoming hero, Ana, we know that some of you may want to try to prepare for her arrival either by stocking up on Loot Boxes or holding off on opening the ones you already have.
Before you do that, though, please remember the following: *Loot Box contents are generated at the time that they earned or purchased, NOT when they are opened. *

It's a bad precedent because all it makes me want to do is not play the game at all until the event starts. I'm sitting at 199 and I can get a good 15 lootboxes from 1 good session of play if I just wait.

Fancolors

Is this for real? How do we know?
Link.

'Now that we’ve revealed our upcoming hero, Ana, we know that some of you may want to try to prepare for her arrival either by stocking up on Loot Boxes or holding off on opening the ones you already have.

Before you do that, though, please remember the following: Loot Box contents are generated at the time that they earned or purchased, NOT when they are opened.

This means that any Loot Box you earn or purchase now, or at any point before Ana is released, will not have a chance to contain her cosmetic items. Only those Loot Boxes that are earned or purchased after she is live and playable on your gaming platform will be eligible for her skins, sprays, voice lines, hero emotes, etc. (This is how the system will continue to work for future content updates, too.)

/cue “The More You Know”'

Azriell

We've known that since the last event.

It's a bad precedent because all it makes me want to do is not play the game at all until the event starts. I'm sitting at 199 and I can get a good 15 lootboxes from 1 good session of play if I just wait.

Blizzard confirmed it on their forums.

Link.

'Now that we’ve revealed our upcoming hero, Ana, we know that some of you may want to try to prepare for her arrival either by stocking up on Loot Boxes or holding off on opening the ones you already have.

Before you do that, though, please remember the following: Loot Box contents are generated at the time that they earned or purchased, NOT when they are opened.

This means that any Loot Box you earn or purchase now, or at any point before Ana is released, will not have a chance to contain her cosmetic items. Only those Loot Boxes that are earned or purchased after she is live and playable on your gaming platform will be eligible for her skins, sprays, voice lines, hero emotes, etc. (This is how the system will continue to work for future content updates, too.)

/cue “The More You Know”'

I've been saving up for a month or so, sitting on 55 boxes lol. I guess I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom