OXM (US) To Offer Itself On XBLM For 200 Points ($2.50)

That includes video content, galleries and (wait for it) exclusive demos.

The Scoop

But there's more, and I suspect this bit will be the most interesting and controversial element: "And yes, OXM Digital also sports exclusive demos. Yes, demos." Reyes goes on: "Its cost? A pithy 200 Microsoft Points ($2.50)." There's lots more info about it from Senior Editor Dan Amrich in an Xbox.com forum post (scroll down), and he explains of the concept that there will be exclusive demos alongside the videos, themes, gamer pictures, etc:

"If you're a disc person, you get your disc as you always have, and the demo in question will be on there. If you are a Marketplace person, you get your download. It's whichever version works better for you, but you don't have to miss out when we get exclusive demos like Katamari Damacy or Eternal Sonata or whatever. (Corporate hat on: I cannot confirm any specific demos that will appear in OXM Digital at this time. OXMD #1 is close to release but not there yet.)"
Much much more in the lovely piece by our friends at Game Set Watch.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/07/oxm_digital_to_vault_onto_xbox.php
"Sometime late this month (July) we're kicking off a project on Xbox Live Marketplace called OXM Digital... Think of it as a digital digest of our mag, but with lots of exclusive interactive content, including gamer pics, themes, videos, galleries... stuff we can't do in print."

But there's more, and I suspect this bit will be the most interesting and controversial element: "And yes, OXM Digital also sports exclusive demos. Yes, demos." Reyes goes on: "Its cost? A pithy 200 Microsoft Points ($2.50)." There's lots more info about it from Senior Editor Dan Amrich in an Xbox.com forum post (scroll down), and he explains of the concept that there will be exclusive demos alongside the videos, themes, gamer pictures, etc:

"If you're a disc person, you get your disc as you always have, and the demo in question will be on there. If you are a Marketplace person, you get your download. It's whichever version works better for you, but you don't have to miss out when we get exclusive demos like Katamari Damacy or Eternal Sonata or whatever. (Corporate hat on: I cannot confirm any specific demos that will appear in OXM Digital at this time. OXMD #1 is close to release but not there yet.)"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jun 7, 2004
thats awesome. cant wait to dl the inevitable halo 3 cover story. sure beats the 7 or 8 buck price at the newsstand

Mar 3, 2007
I can imagine Microsoft sitting around after the Nintendo Power channel rumour. Saying "lets do that" and Nintendo is so lax with channel infastructure that they've been beaten to it, had the rumours been true.

Dec 2, 2004
Did anyone go out and pay for OXM just for the Eternal Sonata demo?

Didn't they just grab it off the jp marketplace like everyone else with an internet connection?

Oct 12, 2005
Jube3 said:
Its not a bad idea for the people who would go out and buy the magazine just for one demo like eternal sonata. This will save em like 5 bucks or so. Although if all of a sudden OXM Live starts nailing exclusive after exclusive its gonna start to really suck lol.
Depends on if its timed exclusive or not. I guess I'd be a little bitter paying for a demo that a lot people downloaded for free back a few months ago.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
cjelly said:
But it's still available. Anyone with half an ounce of sense could get it.
The casual X360 gamer might not know though. The only way one can figure this out is if they scour the internets for news like we do.

If the OXM issue was up online, they may assume this is the only way to grab the demo.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jun 7, 2004
Dani said:
No one is paying for demoes. You paying for a digital magazine with features which happen to include to an exclusive demo on occasion.
truth. but this is gaf and we're talking about M$, so *popcorn.gif

Jun 6, 2004
Kabuki Waq said:
so just an excuse to pay for demos that use to be free now?
No, just for the odd demo or two that appeared on OXM before the marketplace.

I remember buying my 1st(and only) copy of OXM just to get the FFXI beta.