• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

Chobel

From NPD prediction thread

QPKVTpg.png

Shots fired?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
To me it seems like Microsoft is actually working on improving their console while Sony is just sitting around. I never said that OS is why people buy consoles, but the way Microsoft is actually working on providing a better experience to the people that buy the console rather than just giving them something barebones is more pro consumer. Also, how the hell is PS4 more capable to play games? Because it's a bit more powerful? In that case fuck the PS4 and Xbox. Microsoft should shut down the Xbox division and Sony should go out of business. Lets all move to PC gaming!

Microsoft has done monthly updates and preview programs where they have taken user input and made changes. What have we gotten since the PS4 launch?
Apologies for the recent influx of junior rantings

Seventy70

way beyond it in convenience? bahahahahahhaha

ok.

put game in and play - Check

What about when you want to stop the game? Can you suspend the game and come back to it any time? Can you watch videos or listen to music after you're done playing? As someone who was really against the Xbox One at the start of the generation, I never thought I would be saying this, but these days I find my self spending more time one the Xbox than the PS4. That obviously comes down to the preference depending on what games you like, but I really don't know why we can't appreciate the amount effort Microsoft is putting into the Xbox. If somewhere down the line Sony catches up and starts adding monthly updates that add features to make something I already payed for better, PS4 will become my console of choice because it will have power as well as convenience.

I would not be surprised to see Microsoft beat Sony for the month. Free game promotion was a good deal, so we'll see. I personally think Microsoft beat Sony last month.

jedimike

My point is that a games console most important quality is its ability to play games. OS updates are nice, but don't necessarily improve the ability to play games.

They're "home entertainment" consoles and statistically speaking, they get used more for non-gaming activities then they do for games.

Frequent OS updates for the XB1 certainly help sales: The extent is highly debatable.

ELAMOR

To me it seems like Microsoft is actually working on improving their console while Sony is just sitting around. I never said that OS is why people buy consoles, but the way Microsoft is actually working on providing a better experience to the people that buy the console rather than just giving them something barebones is more pro consumer. Also, how the hell is PS4 more capable to play games? Because it's a bit more powerful? In that case fuck the PS4 and Xbox. Microsoft should shut down the Xbox division and Sony should go out of business. Lets all move to PC gaming!

Microsoft has done monthly updates and preview programs where they have taken user input and made changes. What have we gotten since the PS4 launch?

WTF are you talking about
url-21.gif

Decided to get a nap in before it starts, now I'm ready for a late night. Snacks and drinks at the ready for what should be an epic thread no matter what happens.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I feel like a Pachter hipster. I don't really care if he's right or not any more but after seemingly a decade of being annoyed with how much attention his nonsense predictions get, it would be hilarious to see the prediction that gets the most attention actually turn out right.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Keighley's tweet makes me think Pachter may have been right. That would be insane if true. It would be a pretty funny repeat of March.

RoKKeR

It's ridiculous how much discussion this has generated. One month, one country, one prediction...

Needless to say it really brings out the best in all of us.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Almost perfect, but as Ehker said, it needs to be Shawn Layden holding the newspaper, not Patcher.

For historical reference, that is Truman holding a newspaper that erroneously reported that Dewey beat Truman.

They could go "Playstation Beats Xbox" if they want to keep Pachter's head for the alternate reality universe.

Keighley's tweet makes me think Pachter may have been right. That would be insane if true. It would be a pretty funny repeat of March.

It can allude to that, or it could also suggest that he was off. Depends on how you look at it. I'm pretty sure the XB1 had a great September, but did it somehow beat the PS4? We'll see soon.

Its also entirely possible that Keighley is just trying to stir the pot.

THRILLH0

Banned
I can't believe 'updates to OS' has actually become a thing to boast about.

PS4 owners are constantly - and justifiably - bitching about lack of DLNA support, suspend/resume and general OS updates.

Yet the second XB1 owners express that it's a reason they prefer the console it's "lololol that shit don't matter!"

Majmun

It's ridiculous how much discussion this has generated. One month, one country, one prediction...

Needless to say it really brings out the best in all of us.

Pachter's #IMPACT

We laugh at his predictions, but we also love talking about them.

BumRush

What about when you want to stop the game? Can you suspend the game and come back to it any time? Can you watch videos or listen to music after you're done playing? As someone who was really against the Xbox One at the start of the generation, I never thought I would be saying this, but these days I find my self spending more time one the Xbox than the PS4. That obviously comes down to the preference depending on what games you like, but I really don't know why we can't appreciate the amount effort Microsoft is putting into the Xbox. If somewhere down the line Sony catches up and starts adding monthly updates that add features to make something I already payed for better, PS4 will become my console of choice because it will have power as well as convenience.

It's nice, I just don't see how it would be a system seller?

le.phat

PS4 owners are constantly bitching about lack of DLNA support, suspend/resume and general OS updates.

Yet the second XB1 owners express that it's a reason they prefer the console it's "lololol that shit don't matter!"

Yes. That is exactly how it is

stay_on_druuuugss___wait_wut_by_808directioner-d5pvfsz.jpg

Top Bottom