• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

Guevara

Thread should be up at 6:30pm EST. The actual numbers? Those leaks come hours later.

We usually get the order of console sales pretty quick via press release, if not the actual numbers.

If Sony puts out a "__ months at number one" press release it will be over fast.

d9b

Banned
The result doesn't matter. All hell will break loose either way :lol
There's no stopping this train, we're nearly there now...
train-croud.jpg

We usually get the order of console sales pretty quick via press release, if not the actual numbers.

If Sony puts out a "__ months at number one" press release it will be over fast.

Oh yea, but everyone wants the numbers or a close estimate of them lol. Thats where the gloating comes in from :p

Jaxx

Banned
Keighley's tweet makes me think Pachter may have been right. That would be insane if true. It would be a pretty funny repeat of March.

Makes me think that Keighley was simply following this story and is amused by it all and is wondering if Pachter is going to be around regardless of how right or wrong he was.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It can allude to that, or it could also suggest that he was off. Depends on how you look at it. I'm pretty sure the XB1 had a great September, but did it somehow beat the PS4? We'll see soon.

Its also entirely possible that Keighley is just trying to stir the pot.

Seriously?

Basically not gonna happen.
Keighley doesn't tease Pachter much but whatever. I'm not exactly invested in this at all. Just think it would be funny. One thing is for sure, I'm expecting a huge number of consoles and games sold.

Euron

No matter what happens, this is going to be a glorious thing to watch. Just think, what will the NPD Hype be like after November once Black Friday, MCC release, and more happen? We haven't even gotten to the most intense part of the year yet and things are already heating up.

Eggbok

No matter what happens, this is going to be a glorious thing to watch. Just think, what will the NPD Hype be like after November once Black Friday, MCC release, and more happen? We haven't even gotten to the most intense part of the year yet and things are already heating up.

If Sony releases that GTAV PS4 Black/White bundle in the US it will be an intense battle.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Apologies for the recent influx of junior rantings

Why is always the junior that start shit in these threads? Given how long it takes to become accepted in the GAF forums, you'd they would know better after lurking here in the several weeks before their accounts were activated...

If the Xbox one outsold PS4 in September, I will let you all pay me $5.
If the PS4 outsold Xbox one, I will still let you all pay me $5.

Seventy70

It's nice, I just don't see how it would be a system seller?

I thought it was a running joke but seeing people actually use it as a selling point......

I never said that it was a system seller. All I said was that I thought they deserved some more sales because of amount of work they're putting in to improve the consumer experience. This is going to be my last post about this in this thread since it's kind of off topic.

Chiggs

Guys, there's this Super Target by my house and it seems the Xbox One is quite popular there. Because of this, I am predicting that Pachter's Upset will come to pass.

HabeeNo

This is going to be great lol

As someone relatively new to GAF (Been lurking for about an year) was there an NPD report with that much expectation to see the reactions on it?

Joeki11a

Banned
Ridiculous patcher has Gaf holding its breaths, come on lol this guy set this all up for attention. Bet He is lurking here reading this.

Rymuth

As someone relatively new to GAF (Been lurking for about an year) was there an NPD report with that much expectation to see the reactions on it?
March.

Because people expected Microsoft to win because of Titanfall.

Chiggs

NPD was a much bigger deal years ago when the actual numbers would get posted. But because of GAF's massive influence, NPD and its clients got all butthurt and shut down the fun.

NPD Day on GAF is a shadow of its former self.

Guys, there's this Super Target by my house and it seems the Xbox One is quite popular there. Because of this, I am predicting that Pachter's Upset will come to pass.

How are the boxes stocked though? If right side up then Xbox definitely won. If upside dow, then it indicates ps4 won.

Top Bottom