• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGI (&USK) rates Suikoden III for PS2 Classics for EU

The backtracking killed this game for me going for all the stars of destiny. I assume you get the blinking mirror eventually, but it wasn't soon enough.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If it already hit JP PSN, hopefully the US and EU releases are in the works. This is super great, especially if you can import those Suikoden II PSN saves!

Great to hear. Dunno how I missed this announcement. Anyway, S3 is really cool and I am probably due for a replay since I don't remember much about it overall. I gotta say that it has 2 of my favorite dungeon themes in a JRPG. These 2 haunting tracks kept with me after all these years. They even re-used "Arctic Area" for Suikoden IV's Cindar ruins theme.

Searching for a Hero- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-OApUNR2U&list=PLZphL4gPXFCD620LgxabQLxQauvtxA0a9&index=65

Arctic Area- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3sxLgNNufQ&list=PLZphL4gPXFCD620LgxabQLxQauvtxA0a9&index=68

suikodenewpwn.png

rated by www.usk.de

Heartfyre

I guess the sprache being in englisch means it'll just be the American NTSC version and nothing special for us Europeans. Though that comes as no surprise.

I guess the sprache being in englisch means it'll just be the American NTSC version and nothing special for us Europeans. Though that comes as no surprise.

Well that was guaranteed from the start, there is no other version they could release as a PS2 classic. And what else would you want?

Heartfyre

Well that was guaranteed from the start, there is no other version they could release as a PS2 classic. And what else would you want?

I might have wished for some new version with a fresh European localisation and support for save transfers from the PAL versions of Suikoden II.

Not that I expected it realistically, of course. In the same way, I want Suikoden VI on PS4 released by the end of the year with the original team reunited, Murayama at the helm. But I'm not getting it. So the NTSC version will do.

Zhao_Yun

It's surprising enough that it is coming, especially since it originally wasn't released here.

Dachande

I might have wished for some new version with a fresh European localisation and support for save transfers from the PAL versions of Suikoden II.

Not that I expected it realistically, of course. In the same way, I want Suikoden VI on PS4 released by the end of the year with the original team reunited, Murayama at the helm. But I'm not getting it. So the NTSC version will do.

You're not getting that because the game not being able to support multiple languages is what stopped Konami from releasing Suikoden III in the EU in the first place. It was deemed it too difficult and costly to be worth modifying the code even back then, so they definitely aren't going to do it now.

Top Bottom