• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (P4A2) announced for PS3 (Summer 2014)

Chavelo

So, was Labrys and Elizabeth announced for consoles/arcade late into the release of the arcade version of Persona 4 Arena?

Shit, now I gotta theorycraft how Adachi might play. OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY

hao chi

I'm really excited about this. P4A is a ton of fun, and the story mode ended on some pretty big cliffhangers.

I just hope they keep that subtitle in the US (though I doubt they will).

LuuKyK

Why can't Rise be playable? :( I know her persona can't really fight (thats not really an excuse anymore since the new characters doesn't seem to use one), but I can totally see her fighting with a microphone. lol Like, one with a long cable that she could use almost as the chained swords from God of War. I really just want more characters announced, thats all.

p4a2 is a sequel. The game will not be even be close to the same game.

1) they literally double the roster with shadow characters. They play nothing like their normal counter parts and even have some different normals

2) new characters

3) drastic balance update. Chie can't do sweep into 5D anymore. Nor can Yu do his oki off sweep.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Translated P4A2 trailer.

Courtesy of user Pepsiman.

It scares me how fast you work sometimes.

I will throw up a disclaimer and say that two minor lines in that trailer, the first quip from Shadow Yukiko and one of Sho's, were difficult for me to make out confidently. I'm not having the best day today personally, so my concentration might have taken a bit of a hit on those two lines. So if any other Japanese speakers come upon those lines and they turn out to not be great indeed, I'd be happy to correct them via annotation! I otherwise do stand by the major points presented in the trailer and the vast majority of it should be guaranteed rock solid.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It scares me how fast you work sometimes.

I will throw up a disclaimer and say that two minor lines in that trailer, the first quip from Shadow Yukiko and one of Sho's, were difficult for me to make out confidently. I'm not having the best day today personally, so my concentration might have taken a bit of a hit on those two lines. So if any other Japanese speakers come upon those lines and they turn out to not be great indeed, I'd be happy to correct them via annotation! I otherwise do stand by the major points presented in the trailer and the vast majority of it should be guaranteed rock solid.

awesome job with translation.

I'm so hyped for this game! It may seem like Persona 5 is so far away, but we'll still be getting PLENTY of Persona up until then. That is, if everything is localized...

FluxWaveZ

So there are actually two versions of Sho: one where he has his Persona and another where he doesn't. His title differs between both versions and so does his portrait. He also has a different movelist. It might be a P4A2 normal/Shadow version differentiation or it could be a Labrys and Shadow Labrys differentiation that took two slots like in P4A.

Dengeki article on Sho

Dustloop translations

alstein

Seeing as how P4A was one of the fastest selling fighting games in Japan in years with their strategy, I wouldn't say they particularly felt bad about it.

I doubt that was due to the region lock, more the game being a breath of fresh air gameplay-wise.

This is the fighting game I'm looking forward to the most next year, and the only current Arc series I like (I don't like GG or BB)

FluxWaveZ

New screens via pan-hime:
u0nXL4c.png

RVrvCMb.png

I7I9fhZ.png

V03tsPH.png

few people told me that Adachi got confirmed for playable character on the stream or whatever it is. Is it true?

Not sure. This gif I just made from the stream makes it seem like he's a background character, the way he just disappears after talking for a while for Chie to appear.

Hopefully I'm just over-analyzing and he's playable.
i10SIxYpXt3wi.gif

FluxWaveZ

Not sure. This gif I just made from the stream makes it seem like he's a background character, the way he just disappears after talking for a while for Chie to appear.

Hopefully I'm just over-analyzing and he's playable.

It's not confirmed either way, but that sprite kinda looks unfinished seeing as it's composed of a single frame.

On one hand, I wouldn't think a non-playable character would be teased like they were in the trailer and if he's to have a significant role in the story, being playable would make sense. On the other hand, there's that scene where he's with Yukari in which it could be thought that he'll just be an NPC that is involved in the events somehow.

We'll see, though I doubt we'll find out anytime soon.

Clov

I doubt they'd not only tease Adachi at the end of the trailer, plus make a sprite for him if he wasn't going to be playable. I'd be pretty upset if that was the case, anyway.

Clov

Maybe he'll be playable for the home release?

Looking at that gif, Yukari and Chie have their unique protraits for the game while Adachi just has his old one from P4.

This probably will be the case. He was shown off fairly close to when they announced the PS3 version too, so it makes sense.

Uraizen

Banned
Maybe he'll be playable for the home release?

Looking at that gif, Yukari and Chie have their unique protraits for the game while Adachi just has his old one from P4.

Probably a time release unlock in the arcades. I see zero reason to tease him unless he was playable. I highly doubt they would tease him just for story purposes or whatever.

Skilletor

p4a2 is a sequel. The game will not be even be close to the same game.

1) they literally double the roster with shadow characters. They play nothing like their normal counter parts and even have some different normals

2) new characters

3) drastic balance update. Chie can't do sweep into 5D anymore. Nor can Yu do his oki off sweep.

Preorder cancelled.

This probably will be the case. He was shown off fairly close to when they announced the PS3 version too, so it makes sense.

Probably a time release unlock in the arcades. I see zero reason to tease him unless he was playable. I highly doubt they would tease him just for story purposes or whatever.

You can't really tell from the shadow, but the art of him at the end of the trailer looks new so I imagine that will be his character art when he's revealed as playable.

Top Bottom