• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (P4A2) announced for PS3 (Summer 2014)

FluxWaveZ

824385762.jpg

Soon.

Omikaru

I think Adachi is not going to be playable for the arcade release. In fact, I'd be surprised if he was. But I do think he will be in the PS3 release.

Doesn't Sega own Atlus now? Sega doesn't regionlock, unless Sega allowed Index/Atlus to run Atlus. =x

I think Sega is just letting them do what they do. At the very least, I think this game will be released before we even begin to see the plans Sega has for Atlus, whether they be good or bad. That said, Atlus doesn't normally region lock on region free systems either; P4 Arena was an exception, and this game is the direct sequel to that, so I think there's precedent to be a tad worried.

Though my gut is telling me they won't try it again.

FluxWaveZ

I think Adachi is not going to be playable for the arcade release. In fact, I'd be surprised if he was. But I do think he will be in the PS3 release.

That's obvious since we already know all of the characters playable for the arcade release because of the pre-launch stream, but the question is if Adachi will follow what they did with Elizabeth, Labrys and Shadow Labrys and be added to the arcade version later on or if he'll actually be a console exclusive (if he's playable).

Edit: Oh wait, I thought by "release" you meant "launch." I see what you mean now. Well, we know at least Sho with a Persona will most probably be added to the arcade release. Given the interval of time of approximately seven months between the arcade release and console release, I wouldn't be surprised if more characters were added, though.

Uraizen

Banned
That's obvious since we already know all of the characters playable for the arcade release because of the pre-launch stream, but the question is if Adachi will follow what they did with Elizabeth, Labrys and Shadow Labrys and be added to the arcade version later on or if he'll actually be a console exclusive (if he's playable).

Edit: Oh wait, I thought by "release" you meant "launch." I see what you mean now. Well, we know at least Sho with a Persona will most probably be added to the arcade release. Given the interval of time of approximately seven months between the arcade release and console release, I wouldn't be surprised if more characters were added, though.

Yeah, remember how it was with BBCP arcade? They eventually released Mu and Nu for it then later on released Izayoi. They were all time locked characters and that's probably what Adachi is.

alstein

p4a2 is a sequel. The game will not be even be close to the same game.

1) they literally double the roster with shadow characters. They play nothing like their normal counter parts and even have some different normals

2) new characters

3) drastic balance update. Chie can't do sweep into 5D anymore. Nor can Yu do his oki off sweep.

Did Yukiko lose comboing off her sweep as well?

Top Bottom