• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

did anyone met weird glitch where your picked character got changed to someone else during battles?

My partner picked Fat Princess and I picked Radec, then when we got into match with someone else. My Radec changed into Kratos, and His Fat Princess changed into Radec.

I found it amusing but weird.
Few posts above yours. Yes and its common.

They really need to bring back the old win screen, and modify to make it look nice.

large

This is just so much easier on the eyes

Not cross play but cross control where u use your ps vita as a ps3 controller.

Thats what I meant, sorry. All cross functions are online only for the beta.

I actually dunno if it even is ''cross control''. Local crossplay just works so well reportedly that you can use the ps3 screen and not notice latency.

Tsunamo

Finally managed to get one of my friends into my party, 2v2 is alot of fun!
I can see it being my most played mode when the game releases.

EU beta is finally up for everyone. SMH

'Apologies for the delay here – there were some issues with yesterday’s Store publish which are currently being addressed. The beta should be going live shortly – I will update as soon as it’s available.'

No one knows for sure, but I think it fixed an Overtime bug that caused the match to disconnect in overtime.
I played against you earlier. Fun match, your FP couldn't compete with my Sly though xD

I want to try Jak, I've heard he's a slower character, I like my characters fast and deadly, so I might have to main either Sly or Ratchet.

whitehawk

Banned
Just realized a problem they need to address.

If a player is in-active, please continue spawning him after he dies

Right now if a player is AFK, they won't re-spawn after they are killed. This makes the game unfair. For example, I just played a game where 2 people were AFK. The other guy who was playing (Fat Princess) used her level 2 and killed all 3 of us. Now I got to use my lvl 3 (as kratos) and managed to kill her twice. But the other players hadn't re-spawned. Had they re-spawned, I would have gotten 5-6 kills, putting me in the lead. She had an unfair advantage of having more players to kill.

Also unrelated, my best score:

ippAwaCurrYSo.jpg

Right now if a player is AFK, they won't re-spawn after they are killed. This makes the game unfair. For example, I just played a game where 2 people were AFK. The other guy who was playing (Fat Princess) used her level 2 and killed all 3 of us. Now I got to use my lvl 3 (as kratos) and managed to kill her twice. But the other players hadn't re-spawned. Had they re-spawned, I would have gotten 5-6 kills, putting me in the lead. She had an unfair advantage of having more players to kill.

ippAwaCurrYSo.jpg

I think that might be disconnects. When I was playing 2v2 with someone every time I stayed in a game and he disconnected he would stay in the game but as soon as he died would not spawn again.

leroidys

Just another reason why I'm thinking that the game will play a lot better in stock mode.

Played 2vs2 with my nephew who just started playing. Considering he wasn't familiar with his moveset, he did pretty well with Kratos and landed quite a bit of level 1 supers, even for the occasional double kill. We got to 4x overtime and lost, felt bad. :/

So I finally got a chance to sit down and play this beta last night. It's leaps and bounds better than the version they brought to my campus a couple weeks ago. Everything seems a lot less floaty and the combat makes a lot more sense.

My roommate and I ran train on 2v2 even though we were both pretty new to the game. I ran Parappa and he played as Sly.

Parappa is a beast at getting to level 1 quickly. Normally, I'd either roll in and do his basic square combo or drop down from above with his down square attack. From there it's just a matter of using O to combo into his level 1. It's dodgeable, but the window is relatively small.

I tried Sly myself, but I couldn't get a good grasp on how to use him. Not being able to block made it difficult for me to approach people, but my roommate was explaining that he has mobility options to get around that shortcoming.

The only combination we really ever had trouble against was Kratos plus Radec. Katros' forward+square seems kind of crazy, especially since it locks on automatically.

Ugh the delayed respawns are pissing me off. Sometimes I won't respawn for thirty seconds, and it's obvious sometimes that other players can't see eachother because there will be two of them left and they won't be attacking eachother

Ugh the delayed respawns are pissing me off. Sometimes I won't respawn for thirty seconds, and it's obvious sometimes that other players can't see eachother because there will be two of them left and they won't be attacking eachother

Had the delayed respawn happen to me once and I was killed by a super while waiting. Funny thing was it was on Metropolis and my invisible self was shown as being killed where the dropship would normally bring you in to respawn. Lol was really weird.

Right now if a player is AFK, they won't re-spawn after they are killed. This makes the game unfair.

If they did that, the whole match would divulge into a contest of who can beat-up the sandbags the best.

MrDenny

I'm having so much fun with this beta.
After learning a few combos, the game became a lot more exciting.
I haven't enjoyed a game this much in awhile.
FP rules!

iavi

This may seem silly as hell, but can someone tell me how to get to the beta on my vita? I don't see it in the store, and see nothing to it in the op.

E: found it listed under new releases.

Sayah

I played one match online. The stage is too big and the character models too small. And half the time, I didn't know what was going on.

Kurod

Banned
Decided to try Sweet tooth before the beta ended. Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR goddamn matches in a row were me against three Kratos's.

I don't care if he gets nerfed into oblivion. Fuck Kratos. Every one was spamming that cheap auto-tracking side square attack like it was going out of style. I couldn't shoulder charge without one hitting me. I couldn't drop a grenade from the air without one hitting me. I couldn't counter a blocked attack without another one hitting me. Fuck Kratos. Fuck him to hades.

Akainu

Decided to try Sweet tooth before the beta ended. Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR goddamn matches in a row were me against three Kratos's.

I don't care if he gets nerfed into oblivion. Fuck Kratos. Every one was spamming that cheap auto-tracking side square attack like it was going out of style. I couldn't shoulder charge without one hitting me. I couldn't drop a grenade from the air without one hitting me. I couldn't counter a blocked attack without another one hitting me. Fuck Kratos. Fuck him to hades.
And yet still isn't as bad as Radec.

And yet still isn't as bad as Radec.

Yes it is. All of Radec's moves have extremely easy counters, but that gorram chain grab can't be dodged or jumped and has next to no recovery time. Plus, Kratos has a projectile counter to prevent spamming, his hammer hits people from across the map, his Icarus wings can avoid just about every super in the game, and his Level 3 is mad good.

In short, Kratos is currently a much bigger problem than even the spammiest of Radecs.

SmithnCo

That move should be nerfed. Period. It's goddamn annoying in FFA. In 2v2 or 1v1 it would be manageable but in FFA, Kratos just busts it out constantly and fucks up everyone who is attempting to combo. Either reduce the AP, reduce the crazy knockback, or make it come out at set angles rather than having it lock-on.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That move should be nerfed. Period. It's goddamn annoying in FFA. In 2v2 or 1v1 it would be manageable but in FFA, Kratos just busts it out constantly and fucks up everyone who is attempting to combo. Either reduce the AP, reduce the crazy knockback, or make it come out at set angles rather than having it lock-on.

Yeah, they should make the chain come out on a set path, like Parappa's mic grapple. That seems fair. The constant lock-on is overly obnoxious.

And maybe make it neutral-square, instead of forward-square, to avoid aggressive spamming.

I really suck at this game, but I had fun playing it. Any tips on how to get better?

Using Kratos.
Up+Square -> Jump -> Square, Square, Up+Square -> Up+Circle -> Up+Square and you should finish with Down+Triangle. Then repeat. Also remember to block and dodge.

Enjoy free wins.

SmithnCo

I really suck at this game, but I had fun playing it. Any tips on how to get better?

Always keep your finger on the block button and block and dodge when you aren't attacking. Eventually you'll probably be able to anticipate certain moves and what people will do, so you can use the dodge and counter them.

Other than that, learn some of the basic combos. Parappa's neutral O > Down Square > Up Square > Up Square is a good starting one.

Top Bottom