• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Premium Service announced [S-CONF]

fenners

graywolf323 said:
so Qore won't stay in your purchase history as a PlayStation Plus member? :-/

I think they're meaning if you haven't already downloaded it to grab it while you can. The content of each month is only available for that month unless you've grabbed it.

graywolf323

ah okay, I've been a Qore annual subscriber up until now so I'm used to having to dig through my download history to find the latest episode :lol

Cruzader

Banned
Bi-weekly PSN+ deals? guess they running out of content and cutting savings to users....but some PSBlog douche posted PSN+ users would get additional Wakeboard HD discount today!!!

Really hoping that discount means non-plus users get the pleasure of buying PJ Racers a seconds time at full price. That would be fucking superlicious!

No45

Cruzader said:
Bi-weekly PSN+ deals? guess they running out of content and cutting savings to users....but some PSBlog douche posted PSN+ users would get additional Wakeboard HD discount today!!!
I think you might be feeling the knock-on effect from the feedback that SCEE has received over its offering.

jiggles

Banned
I really like the clock theme we got this month. The default brightness is way too high, but it's a classy theme when you stick it at -4 or so. It's cool seeing it tick away in the background out of focus when you're a few menu levels deep in the XMB. :D

Also useful for juvenile self-amusement.

spats

jigglywiggly said:
I really like the clock theme we got this month. The default brightness is way too high, but it's a classy theme when you stick it at -4 or so. It's cool seeing it tick away in the background out of focus when you're a few menu levels deep in the XMB. :D

Also useful for juvenile self-amusement.

Agreed. The PSN+ dynamic theme is pretty rubbish, but the clock is great.

Couldn't be happier with the most recent psn+ update. Always wanted Zen Pinball but didn't want to fork down money for it. Also got two minis titles with it. Already had Medievil though.

Complainers gonna complain.

Oh and on a sidenote, having Little Big Planet on your hard drive is the best thing ever. I've had the disc since launch, but rarely felt the need to go back and explore community levels. Now that it's super easy to just launch it from the XMB, I find myself going back to it almost every night and finding some new gems in the sea of user-made content.

V_Ben

Banned
spats said:
Oh and on a sidenote, having Little Big Planet on your hard drive is the best thing ever. I've had the disc since launch, but rarely felt the need to go back and explore community levels. Now that it's super easy to just launch it from the XMB, I find myself going back to it almost every night and finding some new gems in the sea of user-made content.

It's just so bloody convenient. It's gotten me to play the game more :D

No45

Yep, that's so true. I can't imagine I'd have played as much Burnout Paradise if I'd bought the disc version rather than the DD one either.

tirminyl

V_Ben said:
It's just so bloody convenient. It's gotten me to play the game more :D

I would LOVE to have it on my HDD. When the heck are they going to add it to the US store to download? Come on
Grace Chen @
Sony.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
My mate is sharing my PSN+ account, I'm a little worried about my account getting sussed or banned because of this, what are peoples opinion on this?

slider

lowrider007 said:
My mate is sharing my PSN+ account, I'm a little worried about my account getting sussed or banned because of this, what are peoples opinion on this?

It's wrong and you should both go to jail!

I'm guessing you guys shared purely for the content? As an outsider I wouldn't think it was worth it (based on the mistaken assumption everyone should have LBP and Wipeout already).

I haven't even read the smallprint so not sure where you stand or what'll happen...

fixuis

Blast off is just too good. Another highly recommended mini. The feeling of satisfaction one gets from this game is unparalleled. First fieldrunners and now this, never knew minis could be so much fun.

Cruzader

Banned
lowrider007 said:
If you are sharing with a real friend(a person you visit or know), its fine. Gamesharing PSN+ i would think is abusing the system but all to their own.

BTW guys, Kmart is having a special on PSN cards. If you buy a $20 PSN card, you get a $10 coupon for the next PS software/accessory purchase. Same with $50 PSN card but you get $20 credit instead.

So if you havent gotten PSN+ and want a nice deal, buy a $50 PSN Card and get $20 coupon that you can use on a separate purchase for a PS3 game/accessory even PSP games(some titles are on sale such as Castlevania and PJMonster) or buy another PSN card at a discount.

Tons of savings to be had with this deal and a cool deal for those wanting PSN+.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think I'm gonna subscribe sometime soon. I just got a sexy new PS3 so I'll probably be spending a lot of time will the 'station from now on. I spend enough money on PSN to make up the initial cost by the time my sub will run out. I wish they'd do discounts or something on Rock Band DLC, but still, I can't resist the allure of the gold +.

Agent X

Violater said:
Wait what the hell I thought Wipeout HD was free with +

It has rolled off the service already. Content becomes unavailable after it's been up there for more than a month. Anything that was up there for the first week (including Wipeout HD) is no longer there. The content from the second week (such as Fieldrunners) is still there for now, but that content will disappear after the next update on Tuesday.

Violater

Wish there was some form of schedule.
So I take it we still get QORE with the + membership, man I feel a little ripped about Wipeout. My own fault for not reading through the thread I guess.

Cruzader

Banned
Violater said:
So I take it we still get QORE with the + membership, man I feel a little ripped about Wipeout. My own fault for not reading through the thread I guess.
We knew that content would get removed every month plus you had plenty of time to sign up. How are you getting ripped? Yea it sucks but you had to chance to get all that content.

Violater

Cruzader said:
We knew that content would get removed every month plus you had plenty of time to sign up. How are you getting ripped? Yea it sucks but you had to chance to get all that content.

Dude relax, "We" did not know anything.
I just assumed and already said I was wrong for making the assumption.

Agent X

Violater said:

There's not a well-defined "schedule", but they've always indicated that the offers would be discontinued after a month. Since they've moved to biweekly updates for PlayStation Plus, they'll probably roll off after either 4 weeks or 6 weeks of availaibility.

For what it's worth, the PlayStation.Blog PlayStation Store update from 8/3 gave a heads-up warning regarding what's being taken down shortly:

PlayStation.Blog said:
Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down next Tuesday (8/10):

Games

Field Runners – Mini – FREE
Super Stardust (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)
Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)

Discounted DLC
Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, original price $3.99)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
King Zumo
MAG S.V.E.R Dynamic Theme
MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
MAG Valor Dynamic Theme

Video
Qore – July Episode

Hopefully, they'll continue to do something like this, so Plus subscribers (as well as people thinking about signing up for Plus) will know when the offers expire.

Vlodril

It would be nice if we europeans could get qore too. This fragmentation of services across regions needs to go if they really want to exploit a global market. I know its based on regulation and or language problems etc but its a problem that needs to be solved.

Other than that August for EU is a bit crappy but maybe they ll put more things in the next few weeks and Sam and Max in September sounds fantastic.

Violater

Agent X said:
There's not a well-defined "schedule", but they've always indicated that the offers would be discontinued after a month. Since they've moved to biweekly updates for PlayStation Plus, they'll probably roll off after either 4 weeks or 6 weeks of availaibility.

For what it's worth, the PlayStation.Blog PlayStation Store update from 8/3 gave a heads-up warning regarding what's being taken down shortly:

Hopefully, they'll continue to do something like this, so Plus subscribers (as well as people thinking about signing up for Plus) will know when the offers expire.

Would be nice if this information came up on the damn useless XMB ticker or on the store for that matter. Thanks for the info though, I just don't have as much time to follow the threads and blogs like I used to.
Damn critter crunch is addictive

AndyD

aka andydumi
I just hope they keep their promise of letting us know the content two months in advance. As in current month plus next. Not everything, but a good amount.

And they should add the content of the current month on the Plus page of the PS3 website. Currently is just has some examples of content, but there is no centralized listing of what's available anywhere (officially).

For example, I remember them saying in July US would get a Motorstorm 2 DLC pack in August. However that item is not listed in the recent August blog post about August content.

fixuis

Gotta love plus. Had a really busy day so after I got home I just crashed. Just woke up and mafia 2 demo has been downloaded and installed and I get a nice startup message saying that it's been done. It also installed my downloaded copy of infamous. Good stuff.

Returners

Question:

I have RFG downloaded as trial. If I want to get the full game and retain my trophies/save game, do I have to buy it on PSN or can I just go out and get the bluray and continue where I left off?

spats

Plus is so awesome. The other day I felt like playing BFBC2, but was prompted with a 500mb patch so I just ejected the disc straight away and shelved my copy. Then the next day the patch had auto-downloaded and I could jump straight back in.

Huge patches are a major PITA and they shouldn't even exist, but Plus makes them a bit more bearable.

V_Ben

Banned
spats said:
Plus is so awesome. The other day I felt like playing BFBC2, but was prompted with a 500mb patch so I just ejected the disc straight away and shelved my copy. Then the next day the patch had auto-downloaded and I could jump straight back in.

Huge patches are a major PITA and they shouldn't even exist, but Plus makes them a bit more bearable.

It did that today for the Mod Nation patch, which is so awesome :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
V_Ben said:
It did that today for the Mod Nation patch, which is so awesome :D

I read about the modnation patch this morning and I know that by the time I get home, it will be auto installed. It really is a nice feature.

Zutroy

So I just upgraded my PS3s HDD, and now probably all my games are going to needs gigs of patches downloaded!

So how does the automatic downloading of patches work? How will it know what games it needs to download the patches for?

So, if I pay for PLUS, do I get this months free games PLUS next months free games PLUS Octobers free games or do I just get the free games of the month in which I subscribe to plus?

Because if it adds every months free games I guess it's better to subscribe sooner than later.

Chaplain

vodka-bull said:
So, if I pay for PLUS, do I get this months free games PLUS next months free games PLUS Octobers free games or do I just get the free games of the month in which I subscribe to plus?

You get all free games for the duration of your subscription. :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
CRD90 said:
So I just upgraded my PS3s HDD, and now probably all my games are going to needs gigs of patches downloaded!

So how does the automatic downloading of patches work? How will it know what games it needs to download the patches for?

It looks at recently played games. So pop in a game and start it, then click skip/exit/ignore on the update pop up. Exit game. Rinse repeat with the games you want updated. Then 1-2 days later it will have done the work. Booting into a game adds it to the "recently played" even if you only booted and not actually played it.

sn00zer

Do you get to keep the games you get free once your Plus membership ends or do they all become unavaiable once the sub ends?

CRD90 said:

mh, why didn't you just make a backup though? Would have saved you a lot of time/nerves and you won't loose some stuff.

Zutroy

AndyD said:
It looks at recently played games. So pop in a game and start it, then click skip/exit/ignore on the update pop up. Exit game. Rinse repeat with the games you want updated. Then 1-2 days later it will have done the work. Booting into a game adds it to the "recently played" even if you only booted and not actually played it.
I see, simple enough!

mh, why didn't you just make a backup though? Would have saved you a lot of time/nerves and you won't loose some stuff.

I was going too, but it said I needed 40GBs to make a backup, so I just copied all my saves onto a memory stick instead, then transfered them back. Took ages!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Did they really take away WipeoutHD as the free game? They want me to pay $50 for discounts? I already own WHD so the point is moot, but that seems pretty ridiculous.

jvm

Gamasutra.
alr1ghtstart said:
Did they really take away WipeoutHD as the free game? They want me to pay $50 for discounts? I already own WHD so the point is moot, but that seems pretty ridiculous.
No. They want you to pay $50 for Critter Crunch for free this month, plus other free stuff in the subsequent 11 months.

tirminyl

Was the Hulu Plus app updated? I already had it but my update notification screen said it downloaded it.

I am really enjoying what Plus offers. I have submitted an idea to the PlayStaion Blog Share to allow users to select the content they want automatically downloaded. I would love if Qore was pushed to me or if I could subscribe to have it pushed.

I am picking up a PS3 this month and I am debating if I should jump in with PSN+ what are some honest opinions on the service?

thanks everyone

Andvary

JetBlackPanda said:
I am picking up a PS3 this month and I am debating if I should jump in with PSN+ what are some honest opinions on the service?

thanks everyone

Go for it, I think PSN + is excelent for new PSN users.

Top Bottom