• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Premium Service announced [S-CONF]

MrPliskin

Banned
criesofthepast said:
It's there yes but is it still free for psn+?

I can find the content too but it shows a regular price, not the FREE psn+ label.

Edit: nvm you said it is free in your end. Hmm. I'm calling Sony in the morning. I already own Wipeout and found that by search and it says free for psn+ still.

It's only age of zombies, rally cross ps1, and the warhawk dlc that aren't free anymore.

Huh...yea that's really strange.

MrPliskin said:
Huh...yea that's really strange.
Are you in North America?

Maybe it's showing up free for people who already downloaded it.

Only 4 weeks of content stays up on PSN+. The 5th week (start of 2nd month) comes on and the 1st week stuff gets removed. The problem with this however is that the tiki games stuff and other stuff from week one are still there. So there is a mix up here.

Sorry, I'm so confused. :lol

I just emailed Sony. Will call them in the morning.

Merovin

When does the new PSN+ content go up for Europe? I swear it's been a month now, hoping there will be some sweet discounts next month.

netguy503

Merovin said:
When does the new PSN+ content go up for Europe? I swear it's been a month now, hoping there will be some sweet discounts next month.

You serious? The first of August isn't even until Sunday people. Geez.:lol

So NA should get the update on Tuesday (just in time for them to give us a discount on Earthworm Jim HD) and Europe should get it on Wednesday.

btkadams

netguy503 said:
You serious? The first of August isn't even until Sunday people. Geez.:lol

So NA should get the update on Tuesday (just in time for them to give us a discount on Earthworm Jim HD) and Europe should get it on Wednesday.
Are you being facetious or is earthworm jim hd actually coming out next week??

Darkatomz

jvm said:
Did you sign up for PS+? If so, did you browse all games by first letter of name and find the listing for WipeOut HD?

As I posted ... and you quoted ... it showed the PS+ logo as of last night. Let me check right now.

Still showing as free this very moment.

Games -> View All Games -> T-Z -> WipeOut HD
Yes I signed up, and I got all that I wanted. Except for Wipeout HD, which IS showing up as $20 for me. I think I found the game 2 or 3 different ways, one of them by typing into the search.

I did do Games --> PS3 Games --> T-Z though, so I guess I'll try again when I get home. Seems weird though.

Darkatomz

Just an update.

Utterly fucking retarded. For some reason, I find out after chatting with some reps that Wipeout HD was only going to be free for the first-month thing until 7/27. Of course, I go ahead and buy PSN+ on the 28th, so it looks like I got boned over. Ugh.

Makes no sense either, since the new monthly content goes over on 8/2. BS.

JesseZao

Just downloaded Critter Crunch and checked the info tab. Since I downloaded the trial version a long time ago all I downloaded for plus was an unlock key.

Along with WipeoutHD, I don't seem to have an expiration date for them since I had previously downloaded the trial.

Darkatomz said:
Just an update.

Utterly fucking retarded. For some reason, I find out after chatting with some reps that Wipeout HD was only going to be free for the first-month thing until 7/27. Of course, I go ahead and buy PSN+ on the 28th, so it looks like I got boned over. Ugh.

Makes no sense either, since the new monthly content goes over on 8/2. BS.

The lack of transparency on key information on things like this, and other key information regarding PSN+, is utterly incomprehensible.

Andvary

JesseZao said:
Just downloaded Critter Crunch and checked the info tab. Since I downloaded the trial version a long time ago all I downloaded for plus was an unlock key.

Along with WipeoutHD, I don't seem to have an expiration date for them since I had previously downloaded the trial.

I don't know about Critter Crunch but Wipeout HD is listed under Account Management->View Services and it has an expiration date.

mclaren777

Darkatomz said:
That's terrible! I finally got my funds today but apparently I'm slightly too late. Grr!

I really wanted Rally Cross as well. I wish Sony had been more clear about this. :(

jvm

Gamasutra.
mclaren777 said:
That's terrible! I finally got my funds today but apparently I'm slightly too late. Grr!

I really wanted Rally Cross as well. I wish Sony had been more clear about this. :(
Good news! You can still *buy it*. :lol

hertog

Got à three month trial, too bad I already had wipeout, but I loved to play destruction derby again. Ow the memories of me with my first psone demo disc :D

hertog said:
Got à three month trial, too bad I already had wipeout, but I loved to play destruction derby again. Ow the memories of me with my first psone demo disc :D

For me, the memories of it were much better than playing it again, after all this time. The game's just so bad. Wow... :lol

But this is the case with almost every game I loved back in the PS One era. Recently, I checked out some footage of Die Hard Trilogy on YouTube. I was speechless. In my mind, the game looked, sounded and played much better.
So, I decided to never look back again and just play new games (well, except for the old Sonic games of course), so I can remember those classics like I experienced them when I was a kid.

hertog

magicaltrevor said:
For me, the memories of it were much better than playing it again, after all this time. The game's just so bad. Wow... :lol

But this is the case with almost every game I loved back in the PS One era. Recently, I checked out some footage of Die Hard Trilogy on YouTube. I was speechless. In my mind, the game looked, sounded and played much better.
So, I decided to never look back again and just play new games (well, except for the old Sonic games of course), so I can remember those classics like I experienced them when I was a kid.

Man it was the first game I ever played where you could destroy cars and they actually had a damage model!

Yes now it looks pretty bad, and the gameplay..... Youch. But it is free :D

Played a bit of DD when i got it through Premium and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be after all these years, i mean yeah it doesnt look much but its still pretty fun to play.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crap... I thought I would get wipeout. Guess I missed it.

Instead I get Critter Crunch? Wtf... :lol

Evolved1

What's this deal you're talking about? I bought 3 months a couple days ago... did I miss the boat?

Irish

You get 15 months for the price of 12. I'm not sure when that ends though. Today might just be the last day. I believe it was only for NA users though.

(Was the 3 month trial $20? It almost seems like a waste with the 15 months being only $50.)

Evolved1

Yeah, it was $20.

Definitely a better deal to pay $50, and I probably will next time. But I wanted to see what kind of stuff we'd be getting over the next few months before dropping another $30. And I thought I was getting Wipeout :/

Cruzader

Banned
recklessmind said:
Yeah, it was $20.

Definitely a better deal to pay $50, and I probably will next time. But I wanted to see what kind of stuff we'd be getting over the next few months before dropping another $30. And I thought I was getting Wipeout :/

Wipeout HD was pulled from PSN+ the 2nd week i think but still wtf did you wait till the last day? Even if it wasnt pull on that week, PSN+ stuff was updated last week so you would of been screwed either way :lol

BTW it seems PSN+ members will get more % discounts on the current sale based on this reply on the PSblog:

Ro Hernandez | August 2nd, 2010 at 2:29 pm

PS+ subscribers will see an additional discount on Wakeboarding HD.

graywolf323

Cruzader said:
Wipeout HD was pulled from PSN+ the 2nd week i think but still wtf did you wait till the last day? Even if it wasnt pull on that week, PSN+ stuff was updated last week so you would of been screwed either way :lol

I waited because I didn't have the money until this weekend plus I already own Wipeout

so far my waiting until the last day to get the 15 month deal only seems to have made me miss out on getting the Fat Princess DLC for half off otherwise everything seems to still be up (besides Wipeout)

edit: and free Age of Zombies :-(

darkwing

for EU August-Sept

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/03/playstation-plus-content-for-august-and-september/

Here’s what will be available to Plus members from Aug 4th – Aug 31st
PSN: Zen Pinball
minis: Blast-Off
Alien Zombie Death
PSOne Classic: Medievil
Full Game Trial: Infamous
Mushroom Wars
Exclusive Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defense Table – 20%
Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%
GT Club PS3/PSN – 50%
WipeOut HD Fury – 20%
DLC: MotorStorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
Automatic download demo: Pixel Junk Shooter
Mafia 2
Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Plus Theme
Exclusive ‘Clock’ Theme
Premium avatars: Heavy Rain characters x 2

And here is what you can expect to see from the 1st Sept – 30th Sept
PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
minis: Vector Tower Defense
Echoes
PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Full Game Trial: Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
Inferno Pool
Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%
Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%
Warhawk – 20%
Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme
Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar
Eye Pet DJ Avatar

We’ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September.

jiggles

Banned
Excellent stuff (for me, at least) for the next two months. I owned 80% of July, but I own none of the free stuff for August/Sept.

And I like the sound of surprise treats. :D

No45

So we get a mahoosive monthly update and smaller weekly updates throughout the month? Sony aren't going to be able to sustain this for long are they? :p

Will join PSN+ this month via 3 month voucher.
For me, august+september content comes down to:

PSN:

Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)

minis:

Blast-Off
Alien Zombie Death
Vector Tower Defense
Echoes

PSOne Classic:

Medievil
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Full Game Trial:

Inferno Pool

Exclusive Discounts:

GT Club PS3/PSN – 50% won't buy (don't have the game)
LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50% (= 3 €)
Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50% won't buy (have US version)

free DLC:

Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC don't have the game

Dynamic themes:

Exclusive PlayStation Plus Theme
Exclusive ‘Clock’ Theme
Exclusive PlayStation Move theme
Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme

Premium avatars:

Heavy Rain characters x 2
Eye Pet Avatar x2

Everything else I already have. While I can't complain anyway, this is quite good content if I had payed for the subscription.

also, this won't be the full list:

We’ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September.

Does the content posted on the EU blog have any bearing on what we can expect for NA? From what I recall, the plus content was basically the same between EU and NA last month or did NA get everything EU did but perhaps more stuff on top of that?

Very interested in Sam and Max, not too interested in August from the looks of it as I already own zen pinball and even the discounted table.

I'm jumping aboard in September. I usually get given a ton of PSN vouchers so I'll join PS+. It looks like over the year I'll get some great content the way things are working out.

They'll have to start releasing more PSN games, otherwise PSN+ will catch up to them!

US Playstation Blog

PlayStation Plus: Highlights for 8/10

Red Faction Guerrilla from THQ – 60-minute Game Trial
Qore August Episode with exclusive demo of TerRover from SOE
PixelJunk Racers Second Lap – Early Access and Limited Time Discount exclusive
Aero Racer mini – FREE

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down 8/10:

Games
Fieldrunners – mini – FREE
Super Stardust (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)
Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)

Discounted Add-ons
Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, original price $3.99)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
King Zumo
MAG S.V.E.R Dynamic Theme
MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
MAG Valor Dynamic Theme

Video
Qore – July Episode

Red Faction Guerrilla downloadable in August, huh? Good to see that Sony's got third parties on board, but I'm disappointed that we still aren't getting LBP as a download.

netguy503

Square Triangle said:
US Playstation Blog

PlayStation Plus: Highlights for 8/10

Red Faction Guerrilla from THQ – 60-minute Game Trial
Qore August Episode with exclusive demo of TerRover from SOE
PixelJunk Racers Second Lap – Early Access and Limited Time Discount exclusive
Aero Racer mini – FREE

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down 8/10:

Games
Fieldrunners – mini – FREE
Super Stardust (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)
Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)

Discounted Add-ons
Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, original price $3.99)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
King Zumo
MAG S.V.E.R Dynamic Theme
MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
MAG Valor Dynamic Theme

Video
Qore – July Episode

Is the early access to Pixel Junk Racers the full game with trophies? If so :D

Can't wait for Zen Pinball.

Glad Sam & Max will be mine. I never played the franchise and I don't understand the hype around it.

Btw, I have a question: I won't be able to log myself on my system during september, will I loose the PSN + content ? Or can I grab it online (via the PC store ?) and link it to my PSN account, so I just have to download it from my DL list when I'll be back in october ?

graywolf323 said:
so Qore won't stay in your purchase history as a PlayStation Plus member? :-/
It will, it's just saying it won't be free if you haven't downloaded it yet so do it now (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Top Bottom