• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Wow people are actually talking about the TCG in here. My friends just started playing this again, and I did for the first time because of them. We don't really care for the rules of no old cards so we have some pretty broken decks. My friend uses a rayquaza ex deck that is annoying as fuck. I'm planning on using a crobat deck that will poison his bitch ass and I'll try to shut down his irritating switching. My other friends have the following: Chandelure deck, dragon/dark deck, Steel/grass deck, Ground deck, and what seems to be turning into a Dragon/Psych deck. I plan to get a Water Psych/Ground deck.

Hypatia

Huh. I might give this a whirl and see how stunted my ability to compete is if I try to go the all-free route. Dozens of binders and shoeboxes full of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards that I'll never have the chance to use again say I'm never spending another cent on TCGs, ever.

lol, I don't blame you. Before this week the last time I'd bought Pokemon cards was about 10 years ago. So I don't mind really spending a tenner on 60 or so codes, especially when the game's so much fun. But if I already had dozens of binders and shoeboxes? No thank you.

I admit, I did invent that method myself and I haven't seen anyone else use it before. =p I use to spend days and days just coming up with decks, and was a huge fan of the cards until the Diamond and Pearl ones. It was just a shame as I never really got to play in tournament play as I was oblivious to them existing so I just played with a few friends and also played tons of the TCG game on gameboy.

Coming up with decks is a hell of a lot of fun. I used to just look at the pretty art/cool Pokemon and never care about the attacks. It's kinda weird now caring about the attacks more than anything... but it means I've come to appreciate the Gothitelle line as well as Audino... Victini... even Timburrs line. I didn't really like any of them before this week.

And hearing all these Eevee shenanigans caused me to download the TCG app, I guess I'll have some fun again. Maybe I can find a way to mod the game with the gameboy TCG music.

Yesssss... my plan is working.

Also I just mute the game and play my own music in the background :V The battle music is way too laid back for my liking.

Needs the Smash Bros wild Pokemon battle theme or it's not a real Pokemon fight.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There isn't any online dueling scene, but due to this topic I think one can easily be created and I will possibly take part in it too.

I'll leave that up to you, then! I look forward to seeing if anything comes of this.

lol, I don't blame you. Before this week the last time I'd bought Pokemon cards was about 10 years ago. So I don't mind really spending a tenner on 60 or so codes, especially when the game's so much fun. But if I already had dozens of binders and shoeboxes? No thank you.

Codes are that cheap? Might have to rethink this then. Come to think of it I guess I'm fine buying digital cards as several Yu-Gi-Oh games I purchased after giving up buying packs can attest to, so if there's some kind of sustained dueling community that eventually comes to be here on GAF, I could maybe chip in if it enhances the experience.

I still want something that allows vintage cards, though! I'm going to look into how to create Apprentice patches so that entire sets of cards can be easily added to the program. Pojo's Apprentice guide says that the most recent patch supported Rising Rivals. No clue when that was, but I imagine it's not current. I quit buying around, uhh, Aquapolis or so and never followed the game again.

Hypatia

Codes are that cheap? Might have to rethink this then. Come to think of it I guess I'm fine buying digital cards as several Yu-Gi-Oh games I purchased after giving up buying packs can attest to, so if there's some kind of sustained dueling community that eventually comes to be here on GAF, I could maybe chip in if it enhances the experience.

I still want something that allows vintage cards, though! I'm going to look into how to create Apprentice patches so that entire sets of cards can be easily added to the program. Pojo's Apprentice guide says that the most recent patch supported Rising Rivals. No clue when that was, but I imagine it's not current. I quit buying around, uhh, Aquapolis or so and never followed the game again.

Well they were that cheap for me =P I've been bidding on ebay auctions and have gotten a a couple of bundles at pretty low prices.

The actual buy it now ones are largely a rip off though.

It's also a bit confusing because some codes just give you a 'booster credit' (i.e 10 cards) and some others give you a booster credit + a rare card and still others give you entire decks. In fact one code gave me two decks at the same time, which was awesome.

And yeah it'd be nice if they added older cards but as far as I can tell they're only planning on adding newer ones.

There isn't any online dueling scene, but due to this topic I think one can easily be created and I will possibly take part in it too.
I would totally be up for this too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So in the trading card games, the Pokemon's usefulness is inverse to how they are useful in their actual games?

As for Charizard, he is an overrated character born from people who are uncreative. Essentially he is Master Chief before Master Chief.

I thought of which Stand each JoJo Protagonist/Villain would have after seeing all the JoJo x Pokemon Crossover Art. Minor JoJo Spoilers ahead, mainly powers and such.

Jonathan - Lucario. Doesn't have a Stand, exactly (unless you consider the World), but Lucario's Aura is close enough to Hamon to work, and is a heroic Pokemon as well.

Part 1 Dio - Gliscor, the most vicious looking vampire Pokemon we've got.

Joseph - Two Ferroseed. Why? Well, they'd serve as his JoJo Crackers.
And when he grows up, they can use Ingrain to shoot their vines out like Purple Hermit.

Cars - Gallade, normally, as its blades on its arms mimic Cars' ability for form blades of light on his arms.
Post Red Stone of Aja, Cars gains control of Deoxys, having control over DNA, and life and shit.

Jotaro - Well, TONS of fan-art I've seen go with Infernape. And, well, it just works...you've got the punching abilities, the shoulder pads, and the flaming hair too. The only other choice I can think of is Hitmonchan, because it's head matches the fist-icon on Jotaro's Hat.

Part 3 Dio
-
Celebi. Sure, Dialga's in-charge of time technically, but it lacks the cool humanoid shape. A roided up, time-stopping Celebi would be awesome.

Josuke - Hmm, well, Dialga wouldn't quite work that well even if it is the Diamond Pokemon. The best Pokemon to represent Crazy Diamond's healing ability would probably be Audino. Okay, so an Audino with a kickin' heart-shaped pompadour.

Kira - Mewtwo. Because it's cat-like and purplish like Killer Queen. And you could just edit "psychic powers" into blowing stuff up. Sheer Heart Attack would be a controller Boldore with Self-Destruct.

Giorno - Shiny Ledian is pretty much the perfect choice. Golden colored and represents Giorno's Ladybug theme quite well.

Diavolo - Cherrim. I'm serious. Okay, so it doesn't have any time-related powers, but it's red. And Cherrim also has a second face like King Crimson. Just imagine the little Cherrim head with the creepy King Crimson mini-head look. Plus, King Crimson never did much fighting, and was apparently physically weak with its time manipulation protecting it mainly.

Jolyne - Butterfree. Fits her butterfly motif, yet also is able to utilize String Shot like Stone Free. Just thrown on Stone Free's glasses onto Butterfree and, viola!

Pucci - Whitesnake would be Hypno, using its powers to hypnotize opponents and cause illusions as well as stealing their "dreams", or Stand Discs in this case.
Stairway to Heaven would definitely be Dialga, and would cause time to accelerate. No clue for C-Moon, though.

Johnny -
There's no four-stage Pokemon to match the four-stages of Tusk, unfortunately
. Axew seems like a good choice...it's the "Tusk Pokemon", but I think Nidoran Male would fit better, as it resembles Tusk, and can shoot off sharp spikes as well. I guess he'd have a Ponyta as well to ride around on.

Funny Valentine - Victini for D4C. It can't travel through dimensions, but it's got the rabbit motif, not to mention people believe it represent Nuclear Power and is found in America, thus it'd be the "napkin" idea of power befitting a President of the United States.

Gappy - Manaphy. Like Soft and Wet, has an anchor-like shape and fights with bubbles. Heart Swap could also be a bit like Soft and Wet's ability to "steal" things, as it switches stat upgrades. Lol, I guess Manaphy's Heart Swap would also fit Silver Chariot Requiem as well...

A roided Celebi has been wondering around in /vp/ under the guise of Celeshiro.

And I like your picks - though Kars being Gallade looks silly lol

Boss Doggie

Anyway PokeGAF, help me put Chespin in the following avatars "naturally" (i.e. flows well with the avatar)

samurott3vis3s.png
dog1oasek.png
tiger4qsol.png
wolf610smn.png
weregarurumon4s6syq.png
braviary4u3s2s.png
hawk4xbs11.png
hawk3owshs.png
samurott2yzsvq.png

I want to show I support #teamchespin

XaosWolf

Well they said it'd use all the 3DS's features...
Street/Spotpass Pokémon could very well be Best Pokémon. =D

And all this talk of the Pokémon TCG is pretty good considering I picked up a couple of themed starter decks last week. (Raiders for myself and IceShock for my brother-in-law)
They were the only ones I could find at the time.
Also picked up some MTG cards for the first time ever which I enjoy more... but that's not relevant to this thread. =P

Mainly picked them up to see how far it'd come, but also because my brother-in-law had never owned any of the cards.

XaosWolf

If both the C-Gear and Dream World are gone in Gen VI, this will be the automatic best gen ever for me. >_>
C-Gear should be replaced with all the Streetpass features either way.

I'd like the Pokétch Apps back to be honest. Better than the "Put some icons in different places and colours" customisation we have in Gen V.

wait, how is froakie down now? i blame eaty for perot'ing this poll
Froakie belongs in 3rd. Fennekin and Chespin are the real starters. =P
EatChildren is a WiFi Event Legendary

ffdgh

Yeah as boring and repedetive as it is, I say keep global link. I would love to somehow unova link with X and Y for bonus stuff.

I wouldn't even mind the Dream World if it were an in-game thing, instead of a shitty flash site where you play shitty flash games and get kicked out after an hour.

Nohar

I wouldn't mind if they keep the Dreamworld... But I think they need to upgrade it, and maybe get rid of the mini-games. After a while, I just can't stand them anymore.

injurai

Banned
The dream world should be a public park or something that is instanced on the global network. Not some weird internet pokewalker thing.

Boss Doggie

Why u guys still play them instead of using DW tool

Also no one followed up on my request for avatar edits with chespin in them :(

ffdgh

I do use DW tool :p. I'm surprised they haven't done anything about it yet.

So.....you just want chespin pasted on all of them?

Boss Doggie

I do use DW tool :p. I'm surprised they haven't done anything about it yet.

So.....you just chespin's place pasted on all of them?

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't notice about the surge of users suddenly reaching max in an instant, but I guess it's "too common"... must be those people who play a lot.

And as long as it fits, like Chespin riding on a bicep or something :p

bro i was sleeping, by the end of the day I could have something put together. In fact you should be a bit more specific.

Ah no worries, I was just shouting out

Kokonoe

Banned
My allegiance with the LORD still stands.

Coming up with decks is a hell of a lot of fun. I used to just look at the pretty art/cool Pokemon and never care about the attacks. It's kinda weird now caring about the attacks more than anything... but it means I've come to appreciate the Gothitelle line as well as Audino... Victini... even Timburrs line. I didn't really like any of them before this week.

Yesssss... my plan is working.

Also I just mute the game and play my own music in the background :V The battle music is way too laid back for my liking.

Needs the Smash Bros wild Pokemon battle theme or it's not a real Pokemon fight.

I usually like pokemon for their design and not their usability, but if I need to use something to win I will. Timburrs is something I just simply cannot grow fond of with all those weird veins and it's cartoony look.

Sounds good, stuff like this from both TCG games will be my battle music hehe.

Duel Vs. Team GR

After I get a bit more settled in I'll battle against you if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom