• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
You guys can go sit in the corner together and enjoy some Electrode , Muk and Seel. While everyone else can go and have a less boring time over here.

Because I said GEN I is the only good right?

Just said simplistic design just shits all over busy design and cutting older pokemon out would be terrible( except some stupid crap like Sengo maybe)

Izayoi

Banned
1357650771527u0ukp.png

lol

I'm going with Fennekin as of now. Only because I think it's final forms will look the coolest and be part Psychic.

I think the Grass will get a Dark typing and the Water either a Rock or Fighting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I choose based on the best expression, which clearly belongs to the grass one. What a cheeky chap.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This + a 3DS price cut next year could create a big PokeBOMB indeed. A massive DS to 3DS upgrade would be just that, massive.

And the shitty looking starters continue. Guess, I'll be instaboxing whatever I choose like I did last gen. Then again, the only starters I really liked were Bulbasaur, Totodile, and Turtwig.

Majukun

I hope the fix the GTS. So much BS there. Like people requesting LVL 1. Legendaries.

i've rarely make any good trade in the gts..people were always aking for sbsurd deals...
the best and more fair deal i've maid i think was a charizard for a same level lucario

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Mael

Well it's the maybe the 1rst pkmn since blue that I'll get for launch if I ever get it (was on the fence for B/W and B2/W2 seemed pointless without B/W).
The game looks like a glorified late (ok very late) DS game more than anything from the screens I guess I'll have a better when I catch the ND on 3DS later.
Edit :
OMG I WAS SO WRONG
Not that I care about gfx in what's basically a DQ game.
I nearly managed to finish Diamond but battle speed (I know how I'll come one of my pkmn I guess :p) killed me before I could finish Victory Road (I was apparently massively underleveled or I didn't know what team to make...).

The Vulpix starter is awesome though.

Berordn

i've rarely make any good trade in the gts..people were always aking for sbsurd deals...
the best and more fair deal i've maid i think was a charizard for a same level lucario

GTS works if you ignore the requests and put your own offers. If it's reasonable, someone will usually match yours.

Trading for version exclusives will almost always result in a fair trade.

What about the cries? No more 8-bit sounds please.
The cries sound quite animal-like in the latest games. Ever since Go Ichinose took over on the cry sound design, they've just gotten more and more creative.

Okay: I'm going to wait to see official typings for these starters before choosing. Froakie's the coolest, but Fennekin's a runner-up and terribly cute.

Li Kao

Junichi_Masuda was just in France, and his Twitter photo is him with the Eiffel Tower
We have what appears to be an Eiffel Tower like structure in the trailer, together with other classical European style architecture
Starters based on things stereotypically associated with France, including Chestnuts, Frogs and Fennec
The Cartesian coordinate system (you know, X & Y) was developed by René Descartes, a French philosopher

Gen VI confirmed for France.

But... but...
I get why everybody links the setting to France, pretty evident yeah... but I just had to check and the fuck if anyone can explain to me why anybody would think I have fennecs on my doorstep !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox

Btw I think I just discovered those big rats are one of the cutest thing ever :eek:

These 3 seem to be the ones mentioned the most when making this argument but i have no problem with any of them. Sometimes simple things are the best. Muk in particular is perfect imo.

and sometimes simple things are boring, though I think simple or complex Muk for me is just anything but perfect. I have no problem with the other two, but they are pretty boring designs to me.

hemtae

Think they'll cut out some Pokemon for this one? The roster is getting ridiculous, and there's a lot of Pokemon that should just be gotten rid of from older generations.
They should do something like R/S where there's only a few hundred pokemon able to be caught but they could make it completely different ones now that there's so many.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I love this point in gaming. All the mystery and speculation over Pokemon to come between now and October. And this time, we won't know everything about the games before they release outside of Japan, so the whole world is going to be working together to explore the new world. :'D

Also, nothing brings even a bitter and jaded forum like NeoGAF together quite like picking out your starter of choice already and hyping each of them up. I'm printing out that post about ninja-Froakie and hanging it on my wall.

This is probably the best way to start the new year. Thank you Nintendo!

*Is conveniently ignoring arguments over graphics and gen favouritism*

Berordn

But... but...
I get why everybody links the setting to France, pretty evident yeah... but I just had to check and the fuck if anyone can explain to me why anybody would think I have fennecs on my doorstep !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox

Btw I think I just discovered those big rats are one of the cutest thing ever :eek:

Castelia, which is based on Manhattan, has a desert directly to the north.

Locations are real-world analogues, but they're not exact.

and sometimes simple things are boring, though I think simple or complex Muk for me is just anything but perfect. I have no problem with the other two, but they are pretty boring designs to me.

Well that's just where you and i will have to disagree because obviously our tastes are polar opposites (which is fair enough).

Foffy

Banned
Pretty wonderful to see Pokemon finally become a franchise Nintendo releases worldwide at a similar timeframe. The visuals however, leave a bit to be desired..the first few seconds of footage made me feel I was looking at a DS game...

Are people really that surprised by the graphics not being amazing? Gen III looked like a GBC game with a bunch more colors, Gen IV had Jaguar quality 3D towns, and Gen V had pixelated "animations" based on rotation like a bad PSX game.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
They should do something like R/S where there's only a few hundred pokemon able to be caught but they could make it completely different ones now that there's so many.

Black and White started the game with 150 all-new Pokemon. Not even Pikachu was available until you beat the game. It was a good way to freshen things up, plus no goddamn Zubats in caves for the vast majority of the game, praise Arceus.

Cromat

Damn it I don't want to want a 3DS...
The battles look really good. The transition to 3D will make this a landmark for the series. It could have been done six years ago but oh well.

The grass starter will definitely evolve into something mean, you can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom