• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand by silent while Church's chicken is shamed, even if that puts me in agreement with terrible taste Adam

Im not in particular a gigantic fan of their chicken (in as much that I just fucking love fried chicken).

BUT fucking hell Church's biscuits are the greatest thing on this planet.

Hillary forces target Bush donors

NEW YORK -- Hillary Clinton’s supporters in recent days have been making a furious round of calls to top Bush family donors to try to convince them that she represents their values better than Donald Trump, multiple sources in both parties told POLITICO.

The moves come as Clinton and the Democratic Party try to take advantage of deep unease among establishment Republicans on Wall Street and elsewhere with Trump’s emergence as the presumptive Republican nominee.

Top targets for the Clinton team include people like Woody Johnson, Jeb Bush’s former finance chair and the owner of the New York Jets. In recent days, Bush’s brother and father, former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, have said they plan to skip Trump’s nominating convention.

One person close to Clinton said supporters of the former secretary of state drew up a list of Wall Street donors who supported Jeb Bush and other unsuccessful Republican candidates months ago but wanted to wait until Trump locked down the nomination before beginning to make the calls.

Yuck.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Criminal justice reform also needs to be a top priority before the midterms.

That's a huge can of worms, due to states being the primary culprits and "States Rights". Probably why it would not be on a "First 100 Days" list.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
She needs to keep talking about but yeah as Suikoguy is saying, it's more of a states issue. Federal mandatory minimums have to go.

Yeah, those minimums backfired horribly. The logic is sound, but your can't implement it properly so it would target those who would typically find a way around sentences using money and relationships. Instead they just do that before they get to the sentencing and it ends up disproportionately fucking over those without the resources to fight back in court.

It's the same type of bullshit for Zero Tolerance.

Grief.exe

Being elected is pretty good for your approval rating. Bush was selected President and still started in the high 50s.

Bush's numbers actually weren't that bad
enten-generaldislike-1.png

Teggy

I wonder if "my opponent supports Donald Trump" is going to be the "when did you stop beating your wife" of this election season. Downticket candidates are going to be put in a pretty precarious place trying to say that they support the Republican nominee, but they don't support Trump.

If Hilary wins I expect her numbers to be in the 40s for most of her first 4 years as conservatives will think she is the devil and leftists will think she isn't accomplishing enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see a at least a little push to primary her if the GOP actually looks like they could pick a moderate. If republicans maintain the house, I don't really know what will get passed outside of some immigration bill. At this rate though, I wouldn't be surprised if losing sent them off the deep end and they refused to even budge on an immigration bill

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At this point I can only assume that Sanders stans who keep insisting he can/will still win the primary and that if he doesn't, they will refuse to throw their lot in with their best interests (or even vote actively against it) are mostly just reveling in the delusion that they're part of a coalition with meaningful power to influence the general election.

I just think that there are people who just wanted to be a part of a special thing and believing you could somehow deny Hillary the presidency is just a way to keep that going past the point at which Sanders is actually relevant. People freaking out about Trump and demanding Sanders immediately cede all liberal-minded support to Hillary is just entrenching that position further.

Suikoguy

Bernie voters are moderate?

In several exit polls, they said they wanted less liberal policies than what Obama did. Not in overwhelming numbers or anything, but it's still very odd.

Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are.

In several exit polls, they said they wanted less liberal policies than what Obama did. Not in overwhelming numbers or anything, but it's still very odd.

Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are.

I thought it was bimodal? You have the more blue-collar union people and the young college liberals.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Seeing CNN tweet that Reince had no idea Paul Ryan would go on CNN today. He wants to set up a meeting between Trump and Ryan lmao.

Suikoguy

God dammit. They literally talked about avoiding doing exactly this on Keeping it 1600 today.

I'm not sure what kind of leverage they would have post election. As long as the GOP is a Dumpster Fire, and they want to keep the Dumpster Fire away from the office of the President, they will continue to donate. Otherwise they will go back to donating like before.

Edit: And frankly, I don't think they will agree to making any donations. They will just sit on their money.

Maledict

God dammit. They literally talked about avoiding doing exactly this on Keeping it 1600 today.

And they haven't. Literally - no-one from the campaign is doing this. Says it several times in the report. It's a typical politico shit piece where they get some unnamed sources and throw names in a hat. At worse it's some high level donors talking about it to each other.

It's fairly shocking how bad politico is these days. 'Hillary forces' apparently includes anyone who has ever voted democrat or given to a democrat politician.

If Hilary wins I expect her numbers to be in the 40s for most of her first 4 years as conservatives will think she is the devil and leftists will think she isn't accomplishing enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see a at least a little push to primary her if the GOP actually looks like they could pick a moderate. If republicans maintain the house, I don't really know what will get passed outside of some immigration bill. At this rate though, I wouldn't be surprised if losing sent them off the deep end and they refused to even budge on an immigration bill
Obama's approval ratings had a really high floor, even at his worst they've hovered around 40%, mainly because his core constituency (African-Americans, women etc.) had very firm opinions of him.

Don't know if the same would be true for Hillary if she fucked up or things went to shit under her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom