• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Phone Home Screen-2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
MSwEBRAl.jpg

kC0MHj8l.png

jem0208

Pixel XL here. A couple things:

1. I despise the white circle motif they adopted. It's ugly, unnecessary, and makes the icons stand out like a sore thumb.
2. The wide open space at the top bothers me to no end.
3. The "tab" makes no sense because pulling on it takes you to google now but pressing it takes you to search. UX wise it's a mess.

I've tried Nova and ASAP launchers but they don't improve the experience. ASAP is close but I want to keep the long press feature of the Pixel Lquncher.
You can completely customise all of that with Nova...

jem0208

Here's mine, two screens made in KLWP (Kustom live wallpaper):

The apps in the side screen change depending on location, home, work or out. Each has a different set of 5. There's also a dark theme which automatically turns on at night.

Sunster

Icons are set up for another bg with a mountain, it looked really nice. But Tf2 is life.
And it's still readable enough.

Also got the Nova notifications showing up under the icons, so the main screen has everything I need.

What phone is this? I like the icons

Any details as to how you made it all? And perhaps a link to the wallpaper?

What kind of stuff are you using here?

Sorry. I'm using Kustom Live Wallpaper(KLWP) with AHX Kustom Presets (Morr theme). There on the play store — I'd post links if I wasn't on mobile. The wallpaper is something I added (not part of the theme) — I'll try and find the link when I get to my desktop.

Edit:
AHX presets
Here is the Wallpaper

lt519

Got inspired to clean mine up a bit, still need to make a good gaming related chrome and hangouts icon. Was thinking of doing the T&C surfer for chrome and just a standard blue RPG message box for hangouts.

Skux

Just the basics. Nexus 5x with Nova Launcher Prime and Min icons. Swipe up for app drawer, down for notifications.

I tend to stay away from busy wallpapers as it makes text harder to read (I have a calendar on the 2nd page).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom