• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Principal says students shouldn’t wear leggings unless they are a size 2 or smaller

MsKrisp

I rarely ever even notice people wearing leggings at all because I mind my business

Sorry you're so offended by a panty outline. Why are you looking anyway?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Most leggings aren't transparent. If you see an outline or anything through them you have to be staring quite hard, and, well, that's on you...

lenovox1

you sure?

Most inexpensive apparel isn't made with thick enough fabric on a dense enough stitch with the right blend of fabric to make them opaque. So any old cheap cotton legging from a dance supply store, Walmart, H&M, etc. shows underwear as soon as you bend over.

Leggings made from athletic materials or for athletic apparel brands don't tend to have that problem. And there are leggings that you can find at Walmart and Target that don't see though, one would just have to try them on before buying. That's not always going to be the case for every little girl buying a pair of black leggings for school.

Most leggings aren't transparent. If you see an outline or anything through them you have to be staring quite hard, and, well, that's on you...

No legging is transparent when standing perfectly straight. It does not make one a pervert or anything else you might be implying because one has he ability to catch underwear or camel toe from the corner of their eye when someone is moving or bending over.

ETA: You're talking about the specific design of a specific piece of apparel and I'm responding to your post as such. No one is necessarily making a judgement on girls that wear bad leggings.

lenovox1

Sure mate. If you say so.

I mean sometimes I'll see some dude's boxer sticking out of his pants when he's bent over, but you know what I don't do? Keep my eyes there and go "oh hmmmm he should tie his pants tighter/higher", I avert my eyes like a normal polite person and move on.

Relating to high school dress code standards, if a clothing items is a distraction, it shouldn't be worn. Every school system has a different measure for what is or is not appropriate for a school environment.

This doesn't relate at all to what the principal of this school said to those girls, though.

Infinite

Relating to high school dress code standards, if a clothing items is a distraction, it shouldn't be worn. Every school system has a different measure for what is or is not appropriate for a school environment.

This doesn't relate at all to what the principal of this school said to those girls, though.

yeah this isn't about dress codes tho as you realize

tbm24

Can just limit it to solid or athletic wear leggings. My wife wears her pairs almost every day primarily because they are comfortable for every day use. I don't want my daughter to not have that option in school.

Tomita

How the hell ya'll seeing panty lines through people's leggings? I have quite a healthy attraction to the female gender, thank you very much, but I just see butt/hip outlines, not enough to draw a line over their goddamn underwear.

Gonna need some magnifying glass to match your levels of leering.

Z0aZ6.gif

McLovin

When leggings get stretched out they tend to be see through in the pantie area. I can see why it would be a concern with heavier students. But setting the limit at 2 is silly. Not a fan of kids wearing leggings to begin with though.
You sure seem to like to stare at people's butts or crotches?
Its like talking to a lady with huge breasts. I don't want to look, but my lizard brain will make my eyes look. I look at it this way, if your ok with wearing super tight leggings in public, then you should be ok with people knowing if you have an innie or an outie.

lenovox1

What is size 0 and size 2 is that the equivallent of size 8 and size 10 for the normal world?

Do you mean the UK, Australia, and New Zealand sizing? Every country around the world utilizes a different size metric. While there is an international size standard, it's voluntary and seems to be used mainly as a means to keep conversions simple.

To answer your question, 4 and 6.

Top Bottom