• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio will be called Xbox: Scorpio (Best Buy leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

I like it! Scorpio sounds cool! Too bad Sony didn't have the balls to stick with Morpheus, instead of the generic PSVR.

panty

thats-good.gif
😩

This looks like their approach with Windows 10. Redress the failure that was Windows 8 and distance themselves even further from it with a nonsensical name. I think it's a good call. But good luck getting many people to buy it at $500. That's PS3 launch territory, except the difference now is that many true enthusiasts are gaming on PC instead.

Except that no one likes Windows 10 and MS was basically only getting people to adopt it by ramming it down their throats with the free upgrade for a year.

Madness

It's so funny to see the salt for 499.. it's a console that absolutely destroys the PS4 pro and your crying about a measly 100 dollars? Can't believe it.. I can't wait to be day zero no matter the price.

I don't think you know what destroy means. And if you don't think $100 more means much, you clearly missed the start of this gens launch. What is it with the juniors who have to start such stupid trolling in topics? A measly $100 lol. Almost 25% more of the PS4 Pro price.

Jubenhimer

The fact that it isn't called "Xbox One ____" does indicate that Microsoft probably is just going to roll with the generic Xbox name from now on, meaning what would be Xbox One games, will now just be "Xbox" games for Xbox One, Windows 10, and Xbox Scorpio. Assuming this is the final name.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It's so funny to see the salt for 499.. it's a console that absolutely destroys the PS4 pro and your crying about a measly 100 dollars? Can't believe it.. I can't wait to be day zero no matter the price.

The console warriors have arrived! E3 has officially begun!

allan-bh

Not really, and the diff. in price perception of $399 to $499 is pretty big.

I don't think you know what destroy means. And if you don't think $100 more means much, you clearly missed the start of this gens launch. What is it with the juniors who have to start such stupid trolling in topics? A measly $100 lol. Almost 25% more of the PS4 Pro price.

25% more for a better console.. I was a day one Xbox one owner. I have no issues paying 500+ for a better console.

Coxy100

Banned
Anyone that uses 'salt' and 'crying' in their post instantly loses any credence.

Please think about what you post mate

EGM1966

Taking a bit of a risk there IMHO. It's a terrible name globally for a console but I'm presuming (assuming the leak is accurate) that they reckon so much hype/pre-awareness is tied to the Scorpio name they're afraid to ditch it now.

But really it's not that great a moniker for advertising/PR .

meirl

Banned

Yeah I dont get it. Also when you buy Scorpio you will have a HUGE Library of Xbox One and Xbox 360 games.

Breakage

I think it should have been called Xbox Pro. It's short, simple and direct. Xbox Scorpio sounds like an operating system.
What's Scorpio's successor gonna be called? With Xbox Pro you can have Pro 2, 3, etc.

Edit and if that's the final logo it is awful.

willoneill

Neo Member
'XB1 Elite' would've been fine. 'XB1 Pro' would've been cool too.

This Scorpio thing is just gonna confuse the rank-and-file.

Haines

Banned
I would be fine with it if they have some cool symbol

The name just doesn't say anything to a consumer.

Maybe they will explain it better

Drek

At $499 it gets dangerously clsoe to where for a measly couple hundred more people could have a more versatile, more powerful PC.

Also developers aren't making full use of the PS4 Pro as it is, why should we assume they'll suddenly do that for Scorpio, skipping over the PS4's far larger existing audience? They won't and any increased performance efforts made will also benefit the Pro, narrowing the gap most people would potentially see between the two systems, but not that price gap.

Yeah I dont get it. Also when you buy Scorpio you will have a HUGE Library of Xbox One and Xbox 360 games.

Presumably equally playable on the Xbox One I'd already own.

Or I could get the much cheaper system that also plays those already existing games.

Or play a non-trivial amount of the Xbox One first party lineup on PC.

DeaDPo0L84

Destroys it how? I assume you're just talking about raw tech but sales and games wise the Scorpio wont touch Pro. Think ppl are just hesitant to drop half a grand on a console refresh. If it was an actual next gen console with exclusive games fine but its not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom