• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

Pretty good line-up if you ask me. Apparently King's Quest is very good and I've been meaning to play Freedom Wars for a long time. I already own Blood Dragon and Rockerbirds (both great) and I don't have a lot of interest in SSX or Gauntlet.

Well, those PS4 games were totally out of my radar. Is the King's Quest reboot good?

I doubt I'll play any of them with the backlog I have. Oh well.

The reboot is pretty good; I really like the writing, and the puzzles were pretty fun, too. I got stuck on one of the puzzles for a bit. I'd say I prefer it over what TellTale has been offering recently.

Wow that's nice.
Far Cry Blood Dragon fuck yes, always wanted to play it

King's Quest also very nice. After Broken Age I got that Point & Click Fever.

Ray Down

Banned
Makes me even more excited to try. We talking holy grail, Brian, meaning of life, series or in general?

I would say the series, but its been awhile since I've seen MP.

Voice acting is great, the knights are funny, puzzles are fun an a bit challenging (specially the last one and how I did it).

whitehawk

Banned
SSX is great if you guys haven't played it. It's got some shit levels, but the core gameplay is solid if you stick to the good levels.

oti

Banned
Finally a good month!

I'll play King's Quest for sure!
Is Gauntlet any good?
Played through Blood Dragon on PC, got it for like 2€ and it's a nice little game.
Will try out Freedom Wars.

Unplugged my PS3 and will sell it before Christmas season hits. Shame, SSX looks cool.

Kings Quest would be amazing if it was the whole season, but it's not. Most episodic games have been giving away the first episode free after a while, so including it with ps+ is odd. There's literally never been an even decent Gaunlet game, so that kind of sucks too. Ah well.

To all the people complaining: Only Episode 1 of King's Quest has been released, with the rest of the episodes to follow at some unspecified date. It's unreasonable to expect to get games that haven't even come out yet.

t0rment

holy shit, when you think the ps4 line up couldnt get worse, sony delivers. another month where i wont even put this kind of garbage on my library.

I was gonna buy Gauntlet eventually anyway. Interested to try King's Quest, apparently there's more gameplay to it than the TellTale games?

Good month.

Nibel

To all the people complaining: Only Episode 1 of King's Quest has been released, with the rest of the episodes to follow at some unspecified date. It's unreasonable to expect to get games that haven't even come out yet.

...release a different game then? Like, a complete one?

Tagyhag

They could make it so you get all the episodes as they come out, I mean, just last month we got the entire season 2 of Walking Dead no?

Or if not, how about we get a game that's actually finished?

Certinty

If I didn't start playing online as much as I do currently my PS+ sub would have ended months ago. This is getting worse and worse all the time.

Holy shit, I was about to buy Freedom Wars on Amazon for $10 this week but oh well, I still like to add it to my vita collection.

oti

Banned
Would habe liked to See Ni no Kuni on that list. Great RPG for Christmas seasonal gaming.

All in all PS+ and GwG habe both lost their appeal for me tbh. Shame.

JoshHood

Nice line-up this month – even if SSX and Freedom Wars have been down to a few quid before, they are great games. Excited to finally play Blood Dragon!

Having said that, I do see the issue some others are, about Walking Dead/King's Quest and Magicka/Gauntlet being a bit samey for consecutive months.

The point is it shouldn't be there in the first place. As someone else said, you end up getting the first episodes of episodic games free at some point anyway. And all they're doing is giving it free so people buy the rest whenever it releases. Gee thanks? It's like a demo being one of the "free" games. Bleh.

If they're also going to add the rest to PS+ when it releases, then that would change things.

Top Bottom