• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Showcase |OT| (09/16/20 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK / 6am AET)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
40 mins though?

Because it's not gonna be a big game event. They just need to tell people the price and date, show off some features/UI, and detail which games will be available at launch. They can drag all that out for 40 minutes, no sweat, it's Sony.

I'd be shocked if there's even one big game announcement.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Because it's not gonna be a big game event. They just need to tell people the price and date, show off some features/UI, and detail which games will be available at launch. They can drag all that out for 40 minutes, no sweat, it's Sony.

There HAS to be at least one big game announcement..

mejin

I expect 1 or 2 bombas at best...like FFXVI and GoW 2. It won't take much time and probably won't have a full gameplay like Morales, Demons Souls and Horizon could have.

If it was announced as a State of Play I would think no big announcement would come.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Why does there? Whatever it could potentially be isn't coming out this year, is there any need to start hyping up 2021/2022 games when we've already had Horizon 2 teased? Blowing your load too early is a bad idea. That's how Sony ended up with the same handful of games several years in a row at E3.

There might be some games in a little showcase, but I imagine at 40 minutes, the bulk of this is going to be information on the system and people getting it.

Ellery

Well as per usual I have lots of hope and wishes but when it comes to Playstation it is usually Naughty Dog that comes to mind first.
They are the best studio in the gaming industry and all recent games (especially on PS4) have been amazing and with Neil Druckmann being in charge they elevated even further and are making games for a more mature and educated audience looking for depth beyond gameplay and they are the ones I trust most to deliver that again on the PS5.
A new IP would be nice, but I feel like it is too early for that. Then there is also the Uncharted Sully off spin rumor but no idea if I should believe that. (Would be cool though)

Last edited:

Alebrije

The time has come...

mrw-i-clean-my-ears-with-q-tips-after-a-shower-145770.gif

mckmas8808

Why does there? Whatever it could potentially be isn't coming out this year, is there any need to start hyping up 2021/2022 games when we've already had Horizon 2 teased? Blowing your load too early is a bad idea. That's how Sony ended up with the same handful of games several years in a row at E3.

There might be some games in a little showcase, but I imagine at 40 minutes, the bulk of this is going to be information on the system and people getting it.

Sony ALWAYS blows their loads early and it's ALWAYS worked. They've forever managed to show you the stuff that's coming out this year, along with stuff that's coming out 1 to 2 years down the road.

THEAP99

Banned
As some others indicted, I don't know but I have a funny feeling there's not gonna be many megatons. My dream about people becoming disappointed may come true.

AV

Sony ALWAYS blows their loads early and it's ALWAYS worked. They've forever managed to show you the stuff that's coming out this year, along with stuff that's coming out 1 to 2 years down the road.

I wouldn't say it worked very well in 2013 when they announced Driveclub and The Order at the PS4 launch event, two games that suffered delays and came out to middling reviews and "okay" sales.

Everyone already knows God of War 2 is happening, there's no need to have a teaser where the voice actor says "boy" 2-3 years before the game's ready so that everyone is constantly asking about it. We've already seen Horizon 2 and Ratchet, save something new for "E3 2021" or whatever that actually ends up being.

mckmas8808

I wouldn't say it worked very well in 2013 when they announced Driveclub and The Order at the PS4 launch event, two games that suffered delays and came out to middling reviews and "okay" sales.

Everyone already knows God of War 2 is happening, there's no need to have a teaser where the voice actor says "boy" 2-3 years before the game's ready so that everyone is constantly asking about it. We've already seen Horizon 2 and Ratchet, save something new for "E3 2021" or whatever that actually ends up being.

It "would" have worked had those games scored low to mid 80s in Metacritic or more. But what I'm asking for (something big) is whatever game Sony will be releasing Holiday 2021. Rumor is it's Uncharted: Young Sully edition.

turtlepowa

Banned
As some others indicted, I don't know but I have a funny feeling there's not gonna be many megatons. My dream about people becoming disappointed may come true.
They just have to show a God Of War 2 2023 logo and people get wet panties even though the whole world knows it's coming anyways.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Imagine if the event was just this followed by 38 minutes of B-Roll showing the PS5 render?

Rolla

Banned
Lol. Haven't seen that video in a long time. Total fea Biggie Smalls.

I found it on twitter and it litterally made me laugh out loud. I don't know who the girl is but that has to be the smoothest entrance I've ever seen ever.

Klayzer

I found it on twitter and it litterally made me laugh out loud. I don't know who the girl is but that has to be the smoothest entrance I've ever seen ever.
The girl is one of the twins from the 90's r&b/hip hop group called Total. I think.

Hostile_18

Banned
PSVR 2? Absolutely no way. That's a year out at least.

We are like 8 weeks away and hardly no anything about backwards compatability either. That's just insane to me. I doubt it will show up much here either. Which tells you everything you need to know about how seriously Sony value improvements on old games. (I hope I'm wrong).

ZywyPL

Banned
Price, release date, and maybe UI/OS features presentation, that's all I ask, the games will eventually show up, but they need to launch the console first.

"General Cerny, the planes are taking too long and the troops could use a moral boost. Won't you speak to them?"

"...tell them, tomorrow...always, tomorrow..."

SinDelta

Already revealed, might get more details and gameplay-
Horizon Forbidden West
Demon Souls
Spiderman
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil Village

Good chance of reveal based on franchise success and rumor
God of War 2 (5)
Final Fantasy 16

Unexpected but makes sense in hindsight reveal
Silent Hills
Persona 6
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale 2
Uncharted Spin Off
New Killzone
New Resistance Fall of Man
New Infamous

Hope-
Chrono Trigger full on remake
Skies of Arcadia remake
Gravity Rush 3
Dragon's Dogma 2 (Now that Devil May Cry 5 is done.)
Eldin Ring

Last edited:

skneogaf

I'm not interested in anything but God of war and actually seeing the size of the thing in comparison to anything like a person or the ps4 etc.

If that's the case, is it worth staying up for?

Can't wait to see more footage of GTA5 running on current generation.

But in all seriousness, if they show Spider-Man gameplay, I'll be a happy boy.

if they don't have much at launch, like not even ridge racer, i'm gonna wait for a reason to upgrade

tbh, a PS5pro is just a few years away, might as well wait for the turbo model after a few AAA games have already been released

...if they don't have anything to play at launch that is...

JMZ555

Two things i want...
Demon souls gameplay and date is launch
Last of us 2 Factions multiplayer trailer with date launching this year

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

Kingdom hearts 3 and FFV13 got a bunch of people to buy a ps3 and they never even came out on that system

Top Bottom