• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN game sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miburou

[Kyle's Mom]What? What? What?[/Kyle's Mom]

Are you saying that if I share game X with 5 people, I can only share any future game I download with the same account with the same 5 people?

Anyway, two guys on this board owe me for Tekken, and the plan was for one of them at least to share CaC with me, yet they haven't replied to my message so far. Hmmm...

I have:

1. Calling all Cars(4 trades left)

2. Mortal Kombat II(4 trades left)

3. Q*Bert(4 trades left)

4. Flow(4 trades left)

5. Gripshift(4 trades left)

I want:

1. Rampart

2. Tekken 5(I'll give 2 for that)

3. PS1 games

I know I'm relatively new, but I swear I'm not some crazy nutjob hacker thats obsessed with obtaining all PSN ID's

Miburou

So if I shared 1 game with one person before, I might as well share all other games I have and he should, too.

Of course I could always make a new account to share with more people.

Miburou said:
So if I shared 1 game with one person before, I might as well share all other games I have and he should, too.

Of course I could always make a new account to share with more people.
Check your PMs.

Raist

Banned
outunderthestars said:
Someone wanna explain to me how this is different than stealing/pirating games?

Because Sony themselves allow it ?

I mean, wouldn't be possible if they blocked account sharing. They let you share up to 4 accounts, so obviously they saw game sharing coming. Isn't this what they've been calling entitlements ?

Miburou

outunderthestars said:
Someone wanna explain to me how this is different than stealing/pirating games?

Because it is legal, while stealing/pirating is illegal? And as a bonus, this is also the answer to the question of how renting/borrowing/buying used is also different from stealing/pirating.

jjasper

Miburou said:
Because it is legal, while stealing/pirating is illegal? And as a bonus, this is also the answer to the question of how renting/borrowing/buying used is also different from stealing/pirating.

hey I sent you a pm but I forgot that I had Mortal Kombat 2, Gauntlet 2, and flow too and your box is full now

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Miburou said:

Are you saying that if I share game X with 5 people, I can only share any future game I download with the same account with the same 5 people?

Yes, unless they agree to deactivate their systems. Which is unlikely if they payed for those shared games... Even more unlikely if you changed your password since the sharing took place cos that would mean they cannot access the account management page (needed to deactivate) even if they want to. This is unless you give them the new password of course.

Above all, if they sold or briked their systems.... well, good luck.

Again, here is my advice: share only with close friends.

EDIT: Guess this whole shit explains why Sony isn't pimping this "feature" at all.

ant1532

Banned
Miburou said:

Anyway, two guys on this board owe me for Tekken, and the plan was for one of them at least to share CaC with me, yet they haven't replied to my message so far. Hmmm...
Share with only active users who post daily wigh a high post count. That way if they don't answer PM's you can just bug em where they post.

Ploid 3.0

I only have CAC for PSN games. Want to trade for Tekken :\ Pretty sure everyone have CAC lol. Guess I'll wait til I get more PSN games to think about trading.

TurboMan07 said:
I have:

3. Q*Bert(4 trades left)

4. Flow(4 trades left)

I want:

1. Rampart

3. PS1 games

offers still stand

Miburou

I think the best thing to do is for people here to form groups, and share present and future games with each other, and coordinate so that the same game isn't bought by more than one member in a group.

Also, is it 5 shares plus the original download, or 5 downloads total per account?

Ploid 3.0

Is tekken online play? If so I'll just get it, thinking about getting MK2, but.. it's MK2 :\ Need SF3 or GGXX online play. Heck marvels vs capcom1 or 2. Want some online fighters that don't take themselves too seriously (AM2 and VF hi).

Peeete

TurboMan07 said:
offers still stand

Would u mind selling me CAC? I live in Thailand and have no credit card, so I don't have other games to share, but I'm dying here, reading all the comments how much fun CAC is..., Please, i would pay by PayPal.

i have the following games and i haven't shared anything as i have no clue in how to do it. i'm interested in gripshift and some ps1 games.

tekken - dark ressurection
mortal kombat 2
calling all cars
flow

Miburou

Sharing is actually pretty simple. You send someone the e-mail addy and password for your PSN account that has the games you want to share, and they sign in to PSN with those credentials (after creating a local account on their PS3). After that they go to the download list, and can see all the games (and demos and videos) you have downloaded, and can download them from there.

Once someone uses your account on their PS3, they count as one of the 4 (5) people you can share with, and it doesn't matter whether they download one game or more, or whether it's a one time thing only, or an ongoing deal.

It's a good idea to do it with people you trust, as someone can change your password, preventing you from accessing your account, or use your account on more than one PS3, thus using up your share quota. Also, it's a good idea to change your password to a temp one and remove any CC info from your account before sharing it with someone.

nofi

Miburou said:
It's a good idea to do it with people you trust, as someone can change your password, preventing you from accessing your account, or use your account on more than one PS3, thus using up your share quota. Also, it's a good idea to change your password to a temp one and remove any CC info from your account before sharing it with someone.

If you set up a temp password then change it after they've downloaded the game, they can't change your password again as it asks for it before allowing any changes. Also - they can't use your account on another PS3 either if it's changed.

Miburou

That's obvious, but what I'm talking about is that someone can change it as soon as you give it to them, or they can forward the info to a couple of their friends, as wel.

Miburou said:

I am not trying to be a dick, I am just confused. I thought Sony intended game sharing to be shared for up to 5 PS3's that YOU own, not as a way to let five other people get games for free. You are exploiting a loophole in their online store in order to steal a copy of a game that you DIDN'T PAY FOR. How is basically copying the game and giving it to five other people any different than making a physical copy of a game and giving it out to your friends? Either way the developer doesn't get a dime from the copied versions.

How is this form of piracy OK, when other forms of piracy are not ok on this board?

And, for the record, I doubt it is legal to use someone else's identity in order to steal goods.

nofi

Miburou said:
That's obvious, but what I'm talking about is that someone can change it as soon as you give it to them, or they can forward the info to a couple of their friends, as wel.

Sorry, I misunderstood. :)

Lain

outunderthestars said:
I am not trying to be a dick, I am just confused. I thought Sony intended game sharing to be shared for up to 5 PS3's that YOU own, not as a way to let five other people get games for free. You are exploiting a loophole in their online store in order to steal a copy of a game that you DIDN'T PAY FOR. How is basically copying the game and giving it to five other people any different than making a physical copy of a game and giving it out to your friends? Either way the developer doesn't get a dime from the copied versions.

How is this form of piracy OK, when other forms of piracy are not ok on this board?

And, for the record, I doubt it is legal to use someone else's identity in order to steal goods.

No, they made the sharing so that you could share a game with up to 5 other friends, not simply to other PS3s you own.
That is what they said when they were hyping this feature in the past.
This isn't piracy nor stealing, and claiming it is is kinda... dumb.

Lain said:
No, they made the sharing so that you could share a game with up to 5 other friends, not simply to other PS3s you own.
That is what they said when they were hyping this feature in the past.
This isn't piracy nor stealing, and claiming it is is kinda... dumb.

Can someone find a link to a quote about this? Because if they wanted you to share games with your friends, why would you have to change passwords, remove cc info etc?

Zoe

outunderthestars said:
Can someone find a link to a quote about this? Because if they wanted you to share games with your friends, why would you have to change passwords, remove cc info etc?

The idea is probably that you're supposed to go over to your friend's house and set it up yourself.

tanod

when is my burrito
outunderthestars said:

When you purchase the game from the Playstation store, you purchase 5 licenses of the game for you to install on PS3s as you choose. It's not stealing.

Cmagus

wow you people should buy the games and support the developers I can't believe you would steal from hard working developers

KillJade

Banned
outunderthestars said:
shared for up to 5 PS3's that YOU own,

:lol

Anyways I just want to know if i can share my beta of Home. And if I can please don't bother asking as I have 5 people waiting on me already:)

Christopher

I wouldn't mind setting up something with a reliable member of GAF where we'd buy a game every other week, or when the other has one to share. I do it with 2 members at OA, and it works out great.

mackaveli said:
got flow and CAC for trade

looking for

blast factor, gauntlet 2, MK 2

pm me

would do it, but I already have all of those

I have:

3. Q*Bert(4 trades left)

4. Flow(4 trades left)

I want:

1. Rampart

3. PS1 games

4. Blast Factor

Christopher

TurboMan07 said:
just bumping this thread...

oh, and offer still stands :)

Ok but I don't think you know how it works quite exactly, you seem to be offering individual games to trade for, but when you connect with someone else, your activating them on your PS3, hence they have access to ALL your games, that's why when you share you get someone who you can trust will be a good share buddy. I wouldn't mind sharing with you but I have nothing to offer you that you want right now... :*(

I have MK and Calling all Cars, but in the future you look like a cool person to share with.

Christopher said:
Ok but I don't think you know how it works quite exactly, you seem to be offering individual games to trade for, but when you connect with someone else, your activating them on your PS3, hence they have access to ALL your games, that's why when you share you get someone who you can trust will be a good share buddy. I wouldn't mind sharing with you but I have nothing to offer you that you want right now... :*(

I have MK and Calling all Cars, but in the future you look like a cool person to share with.

yeah, ok, I see...

I trust pretty much everyone on Neogaf, doesn't seem like that many users that are dirty scumbags

goku3000

I want tekken , flow and calling all cars. but my country isn't supported on the psn list. So instead of trading the games ,i will pay u back via paypal.
any offer?

Cmagus

How about you just buy the games and support the developers.I hardly think Sony said share it with 5 of your friends and put themselves in the position where developers will lose money on their games.Seriously everyone says this someone get me a video or article that says this.Gripshift is an amazing game and so is Calling all cars purchase them and support these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom