• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Go Launch Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally picked up my white PSP Go off of the Amazon deal last Tuesday, as well as a 16gb m2 card.

So far, I've loaded all the Funimation episodes of FMA Brotherhood, FFVII, MGS, and RE:DC onto it and I just redeemed my $50 PSN credit from Amazon, so now I have GT and Super Stardust Portable to download when I get home.

Absolutely loving this PSP, and now after seeing Dissdia and RE2 on the PSN last night, got to go get another $50 card... :lol

I'll probably get its own case (using one of my cases for my 3000) and screen protectors sometime...but at least it has it's own 'leash' (a wiimote strap)

pspgo-1.jpg

ZZMitch

Aru said:
Is it really that bad ? o_O
I heard it wasn't the best version, but still enjoyable.

Maybe it is just the PSPGo is not supported or something?

Because all the cutscences just show me a black screen with random sound coming out of the speakers and the game runs really really slow. Like it takes about 10 seconds to jump :lol

Aru

ZZMitch said:

Because all the cutscences just show me a black screen with random sound coming out of the speakers and the game runs really really slow. Like it takes about 10 seconds to jump :lol

That's strange. The PSP Go is the same console as the PSP-3000 more or less.

theluma

ZZMitch said:

Sounds like you might have a corrupted download or something.

TuxBobble

Aru said:
That's strange. The PSP Go is the same console as the PSP-3000 more or less.

Could be a bug in the download's programming related to running from internal memory vs. M2/memstick. Should try running it from whatever you're not running it from now, if you have the means to do so...

Takao said:
Could it be some issue with the unions, etc. for licensing?

I'm guessing that's not the reason. I really do think Konami is waiting until the JP release date. If that day comes and goes without a PSN version of PES 2010, then my sweet little Go is officially screwed ;)

Carlisle

I just tried out a Go for the first time at Best Buy tonight and WOW! That thing is so much smaller than all the pics I've seen let on. The buttons are smaller, the analog nub smaller... it looks like a mobile phone. I fucking love it! Very impressed.

I can't wait for mine to get here from Amazon. Tracking says "Arrival Scan" so I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow. I'm leaving for Vegas for 8 days early Tuesday (which is unfortunately the expected delivery date too... but my last 4 deliveries got here early so fingers crossed!). It would be so awesome to have this on the trip. So psyched now.

ZZMitch

TuxBobble said:
Could be a bug in the download's programming related to running from internal memory vs. M2/memstick. Should try running it from whatever you're not running it from now, if you have the means to do so...

I only have internal memory right now, I am going to get a memory stick soon probably though so i will try that out...

duckroll

There is a rumor going around in Japan now that Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep will not be available on PSN at launch. Apparently something about how Disney, the copyright holder, not having agreed to digital distribution terms for the PSP. If so, then this is a double blow for the PSP Go in Japan. Not only will the LE bundle for the game be a PSP-3000, but if the game is not available on PSN, it will be retail only and not available to PSP Go users.

Until it's confirmed I don't think it's particularly thread worthy, but it doesn't sound like it's something made up. Sony should definitely get on the case right now and talk to Disney before the Jan release in Japan, or things might get pretty ugly...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Carlisle said:
I just tried out a Go for the first time at Best Buy tonight and WOW! That thing is so much smaller than all the pics I've seen let on. The buttons are smaller, the analog nub smaller... it looks like a mobile phone. I fucking love it! Very impressed.

I can't wait for mine to get here from Amazon. Tracking says "Arrival Scan" so I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow. I'm leaving for Vegas for 8 days early Tuesday (which is unfortunately the expected delivery date too... but my last 4 deliveries got here early so fingers crossed!). It would be so awesome to have this on the trip. So psyched now.

if you have a PS3, get downloading now - you can store games on the PS3 and then just transfer them when you get the go. (also you can queue up downloads and set the PS3 to auto-switch off which will install the games too, saving more time). Otherwise if you use mediago you have to download and transfer at the same time, and it takes bloody ages.

Rimshot

Probably a useless question by me but I have to ask still.

Any news on Crisis Core and MGS Portable ops release on us psn yet?

Those games were the reason I bought psp go ^^; Do i feel cheated or what hehe.

smenden18

Neo Member
Rimshot said:

Haha, me too. Though I'm now trying to sell my go so I can buy a 3000.

Rimshot said:

yeah, the wait is really killing me too. Portable Ops is why i bought the system and I still can't play it.

The game is out on Japan's PSN store. It came out the same week as the updated Peace Walker demo for them. My guess is that we'll get Portable Ops the same week as the English Peace Walker demo that we heard about on the KojiPro blog.

Rimshot said:

Well, MGS Portable Ops is on the Japanese PSN and is scheduled to hit EU and US PSN at some point (Konami just said they were coming, but no solid date yet).

Not sure about Crisis Core, but I'd assume it will come to PSN eventually?

Rimshot

Just confused as to why they would put up Dissidia but not Crisis Core. :s
And thank you for the info on Portable ops, now I know I'll get to play it at least. Probably not this year though.

Zen

Banned
Just feel like saying that I really like the PSP and Sony should have launched at a lower price.

Eh, that's all.

Rimshot said:
Just confused as to why they would put up Dissidia but not Crisis Core. :s
And thank you for the info on Portable ops, now I know I'll get to play it at least. Probably not this year though.

personally, i'm expecting it any time now. maybe even for this week's update. but i'm probably doing myself a disservice by getting my hopes up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I got a 16GB memory stick for my go and I noticed that it shows up as a separate location on the PSP - you have 'system memory' and 'memory stick'

Any issues with organising games? eg could I use this to move PSone games/US PSN downloads onto the memory stick to help separate them?

any weird stuff I need to bear in mind with the memory stick on the go?

DCharlie

Banned
Any issues with organising games? eg could I use this to move PSone games/US PSN downloads onto the memory stick to help separate them?

i have my 16 gig card full of PSOne stuff and the main memory for PSN stuff , works a treat.
Would be blissful if i could switch accounts and have anohter 16 gig of JPN PSP/PS1 :(

mrklaw said:
I got a 16GB memory stick for my go and I noticed that it shows up as a separate location on the PSP - you have 'system memory' and 'memory stick'

any weird stuff I need to bear in mind with the memory stick on the go?

Saves and DLC need to be in the same location as the game file itself but that's about it.

suikodan

About the region thing, I know that the PSN account must be switched between jpn and US (for example) to play games from each territory.

However, I've downloaded some demos from the jpn store and bought a game on the US one and can play both. I simply "deleted" the PSN account registration on my Go. Would it work for full jpn games as well?

duckroll

suikodan said:
About the region thing, I know that the PSN account must be switched between jpn and US (for example) to play games from each territory.

However, I've downloaded some demos from the jpn store and bought a game on the US one and can play both. I simply "deleted" the PSN account registration on my Go. Would it work for full jpn games as well?

Some demos have no activation, and so work regardless of the account activated on the PSP. With demos which have activation and full games, you will need the JP account to be activated to be able to run them, and during that period of time you will not be able to play any US games. Which means to switch between regions, you have to delete the account each time and re-activate the other region's account.

I got tired of waiting for a few games I really wanted to play and decided to pick up PSP 3000 Assassins Creed bundle. Holy this thing is pretty in white, I should have gotten my Go in white :lol

It's enjoyable so far, I put my 16gb M2 card into it so it's holding tons of games. I may even decide to get rid of my PSP Go but I'm not too sure at the moment.

Xenon

I am now a somewhat proud PSP go owner. Hearing all the good things about LBP PSP was enough to push me over despite many reservations. Right now it is charging wanting for enough juice to do a system update. The thing is very slick looking. I have a few questions about it.

1. If I purchase games for this PSP go and later decide to return it. Can I install the game on another Go or even a PSP 3000.
2. What demos would you recommend I get to show off the system?
3. What is the best conversion software for videos? I remember trying it on my 1000 and the voice would always get out of sync.
4. When is PSO going to be up on PSN?(Not expecting an answer here)

Xenon

Am I missing something? I can get sound through headphones but the external speaker is not working. Is there a mute button Im missing? I have the volume all the way up.

Takao

Banned
Xenon said:
I am now a somewhat proud PSP go owner. Hearing all the good things about LBP PSP was enough to push me over despite many reservations. Right now it is charging wanting for enough juice to do a system update. The thing is very slick looking. I have a few questions about it.

1. If I purchase games for this PSP go and later decide to return it. Can I install the game on another Go or even a PSP 3000.
3. What is the best conversion software for videos? I remember trying it on my 1000 and the voice would always get out of sync.

1. Yes
2. Uh, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival, LocoRoco, etc.
3. I use WinAVI or something like that, it's a pay for version, although they have a trial where they put their watermark on the video. Generally, any MP4 converter seems to get the trick done.
4. Yeah, good luck with that, maybe PSP2...

As for the speakers, haven't a clue as I'm a 2000/1000 owner who's been eying a go.

Xenon

Plugging in headphones into the jack and removing fixed it. But Its already happened twice in 20 minutes.

Looks like this PSPs going back.

The LBP demo was very impressive. The framerate was great from what Ive played. The only issue I have is the PSP go's nub seems a little muddy and slow. I guess that helps the analog feel but it bothered me while I was playing LBP.

Xenon said:
Am I missing something? I can get sound through headphones but the external speaker is not working. Is there a mute button Im missing? I have the volume all the way up.

The only way to mute the audio apart from headphones is to hold down the Music button on the top edge of the back part of the system (where the volume controls are.)

Xenon

ME said:

Taoko said:

So is it like game sharing where I can load it on up to 5 devices? Or is there something else involved like removing the old machine and adding a new one?

NomarTyme

Xenon said:
So is it like game sharing where I can load it on up to 5 devices? Or is there something else involved like removing the old machine and adding a new one?
You would want to remove it unless you want the next person to have your data. You can keep it in the PSPgo, but I don't see the point.

RuGalz

Xenon said:

I'm fairly sure it's the same licensing as sharing. Make sure you deactivate the PSP before returning or reselling.

FAQs

Xenon

NomarTyme said:
You would want to remove it unless you want the next person to have your data. You can keep it in the PSPgo, but I don't see the point.

Sorry I was trying to ask if games could only be licensed to 1 machine at a time like on the 360?

RuGalz said:
I'm fairly sure it's the same licensing as sharing. Make sure you deactivate the PSP before returning or reselling.

FAQs

I actually tried to gameshare with a friend of mine, when I attempted to log into my account on his psp, it said it would de-activate the PSP my PSN was already linked to. So I'm guessing you can only have 1 activated device, although I could be incorrect.

RuGalz

TouchMyBox said:
I actually tried to gameshare with a friend of mine, when I attempted to log into my account on his psp, it said it would de-activate the PSP my PSN was already linked to. So I'm guessing you can only have 1 activated device, although I could be incorrect.

If he already linked his PSP to his account, the warning is telling you that by activating your account on his PSP, it will deactivate his own account.

Xenon

RuGalz said:

FAQs

Great info thanks... Bookmarked that thread.

Downloading LBP now... 204 minutes to go =\

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anyone having issues with their PSP hanging, or do PSPs generally do that? I've had it twice recently - once with LBP in the create mode, and once playing Breakquest.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i must say, after writing off the Go as a concept due to it being DD only, i'd gladly pick one up in Aus (if it wasn't so ludicruosly expensive here, that is). i barely touch my UMD's for my 3000 now. i've got prinny, sega megadrive collection, super stardust, and monster hunter freedom unite on a mem card and i've got my eye on a heap of others. PSN for the win!

GothPunk

mrklaw said:
anyone having issues with their PSP hanging, or do PSPs generally do that? I've had it twice recently - once with LBP in the create mode, and once playing Breakquest.
My 2000 used to freeze up on me every now and then, moreso under CFW though. Sometimes I had to take the battery out to reset it as the power button was not responsive. The PSP was always fine afterwards. My PSPgo hasn't frozen on me yet though.

sturmdogg

Xenon said:

When you transfer videos to the PSP using Sony's Media Go, it automatically converts the video to PSP format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom