• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Ash Kickstarter: Playable Pre-Alpha Protoype released! (Install or Unity Browser)

I think my biggest discomfort with this thing is that people are saying, "Well of COURSE a prototype isn't polished, you ninnies!" But this... doesn't feel like a prototype. It feels like something they just made at the last second, that they weren't going to make otherwise. But the campaign was doing poorly, so here it is. Plop.

I put together my thoughts and all the easter eggs in a 1 minute video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_0Ie8iT5Pk

You missed the awe-inspiring super-rare Red Can that completely changes everything.

Also, you can kick the cans at the squares at the wall, and it acts like they're windows.

udivision

When you do the "get up from the ledge" animation, hold any the direction other than the one you're facing and magic happens.

nubbe

at least they thought of the most important thing

gXrL3Vm.png

The prototype is pretty awful. Shows very basic movement controls while blatantly stealing the small market place from legends 1.
Red ash is playable, but he's an Easter egg and his animations are awful.
Should've just cancelled the campaigns until you actually had something decent to show.

Top Bottom