• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Register 3DS XL and Pokémon X/Y, Get €15 [NoE?]

-GJ-

Just saw this on the Dutch Nintendo website. Not sure if it's in every NoE country or just Holland.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y registratie actie!
26/09/2013
Op 27 september verschijnen de Pokémon X- en Pokémon Y-uitvoeringen van de Nintendo 3DS XL. Als je dit systeem aanschaft en vanaf 12 oktober het spel Pokémon X of Pokémon Y koopt, dan maak je kans op een tegoedkaart ter waarde van 15 euro, die je kunt verzilveren in de Nintendo eShop!

De eerste 100 personen, die hun Pokémon X- of Pokémon Y uitvoering van de Nintendo 3DS XL en het spel Pokémon X of Pokémon Y vóór 16 november 23.59 registreren bij Club Nintendo, op het moment van registratie 18 jaar of ouder zijn en woonachtig zijn in Nederland, ontvangen een tegoedkaart voor de eShop ter waarde van 15 euro, om software zoals Pokédex 3D Pro te kunnen downloaden.

De Nintendo eShop tegoedkaart zal per e-mail toegestuurd worden, naar het e-mailadres dat is opgegeven bij de registratie van Club Nintendo.

Basically, the first 100 people who register their red or blue Pokémon 3DS AND Pokémon X or Y copy get €15 eShop credit.

edit: Apparently it's only for Dutch people. Can't find the same post on the UK Nintendo 3DS Facebook page.

edit 2: Germany as well. Thanks wrowa!

wrowa

100 people seems like a ridiculous low number. They also don't say if this is limited to the physical release of if downloading the game will also count.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Only 100 people and probably for all of Europe - good luck with that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Probably it will become official for the rest of Europe in the next few hours. Didn't something similar happen when NoE announced the "So many games!" promotion?

Phazon

Lol @ them recommending Pokedex 3D. Better use it for 3 years of Pokémon Bank.

100 is a very low number however.

-GJ-

100 people seems like a ridiculous low number. They also don't say if this is limited to the physical release of if downloading the game will also count.
I think both will count, as long as you register it with Club Nintendo before the 16th of November. I've used digital copies of AC and Fire Emblem etc for their other promotions.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Not just any 3DS mind you, but a POKéMON X/Y edition 3DS XL. And yeah, it being restricted to just the first 100 is pretty disappointing.

wrowa

Probably it will become official for the rest of Europe in the next few hours. Didn't something similar happen when NoE announced the "So many games!" promotion?

This is actually old news, NoE/Nintendo Germany announced this two weeks ago already.

http://www.nintendo.de/News/2013/September/Pokemon-X-Pokemon-Y-Registrierungsaktion-811679.html

Surprisingly, there's no trace of that on the other NoE websites. So, it might indeed be exclusive to Germany and the Netherlands.

L~A

Too bad it's only Germany, and with the Pokémon 3DS XL. Would've said YES to some free eShop money :p

I like how terrible this promotion is compared to previous ones. Honestly, I think the smart thing to do would be not to register your 3DS right now (especially since they've probably already hit the 100 person limit) and wait to see if they have another free game offer in the future.

wrowa

I like how terrible this promotion is compared to previous ones. Honestly, I think the smart thing to do would be not to register your 3DS right now (especially since they've probably already hit the 100 person limit) and wait to see if they have another free game offer in the future.

Well, their last free offer (Animal Crossing: NL) ended just yesterday, so chances are people who bought the Pokemon 3DS already got a game for free.

Well, their last free offer (Animal Crossing: NL) ended just yesterday, so chances are people who bought the Pokemon 3DS already got a game for free.

But this Pokemon 3DS hasn't even been officially released yet has it? (Of course, there's been some street-date breaking, which is why I say the offer has probably already expired)

-GJ-

But this Pokemon 3DS hasn't even been officially released yet has it? (Of course, there's been some street-date breaking, which is why I say the offer has probably already expired)

26th of September. The games will come out on the 12th of October, so pretty much the first 100 people who will register their game on the 12th, who also happen to have a Pokémon 3DS XL, will get the free credit.

26th of September. The games will come out on the 12th of October, so pretty much the first 100 people who will register their game on the 12th, who also happen to have a Pokémon 3DS XL, will get the free credit.

Oh, I guess I assumed that the Pokemon 3DS XL came with a bundled copy of the game! Okay, that makes sense then!

Top Bottom