• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City Demo now available

Xellos

I ran into a mission I couldn't finish? One related to some drug dealer doing laundry.....I kill the other dealers and it just leaves him on the rooftop edge....and I can't do anything.

I dunno if it is just an unfinished quest..er mission for the demo or if I am not doing something right.

I'm thinking just a bug/not finished.

I ran into this too. I think it was because I was holding the L trigger while shooting. I tried reloading and just firing (no Robovision) and the game allowed me to progress. Don't know if it's because of that or just random. I ran into another bug like this during a crime scene investigation where the game didn't count my evidence examination and I got stuck in investigation mode, forcing a reload. I also had a few crashes to desktop. Game is fun and a great rendition of Robocop but it's buggy.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They've created a very long demo, which is impressive. I played for 1.5 hours and couldn't finish it. The RPG elements are well-integrated, and the gunfights are enjoyable, but it didn't make me feel like I'd want to invest more hours into it. It's not perfect for FPS or RPG lovers, but it promises enjoyable hours for RoboCop fans.

By the way, thanks to this, I watched the movie 'RoboCop' (1987) for the first time, and it was really good. No filler dialogues, straight to the point. I miss that in recent movies.

RAIDEN1

So why are console players being left behind with this demo? Why couldn't they do a timed demo like they did with Cyberpunk?

I ran into a mission I couldn't finish? One related to some drug dealer doing laundry.....I kill the other dealers and it just leaves him on the rooftop edge....and I can't do anything.

I dunno if it is just an unfinished quest..er mission for the demo or if I am not doing something right.

I'm thinking just a bug/not finished.
Happened to me as well. The patch fixed it as I could continue were it got stuck before. It's butter smooth after the patch.

raduque

I enjoyed this demo. Definitely planning on picking up the full game at some point. Big issues for me was the compile stutter, and texture pop-in. I also encountered a bug where I accidentally picked up a motorcycle while in RoboVision (I thought it was a clue), then threw it while still in RoboVision and the game did some weird thing where a wall texture was pressed right up against the viewport and I couldn't exit RoboVision even after letting go of RMB.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks like they've completely fixed all shader compilation, traversal and camera stutters with the latest demo update, well, at least on my system (8700K, 32GB RAM, 3080Ti). My guess it that they did it also at a cost of downgrading Lumen a bit when it comes to reflections. Prior to the latest demo update, reflections stayed the same no matter of the camera position, but now it's definitely not the case:
98lWSti.jpg
D4FV379.jpg
I'd say it's a small price to pay for much better performance. But texture pop-in is still happening which is probably related to the streaming system and they need to look into it and fix the issue before launch as well.

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

BTW folks people have found stuff in the files of the demo that might spoil the end of the game so if you wanna stay spoiler free you might avoid stuff till you play it.

sendit

They've created a very long demo, which is impressive. I played for 1.5 hours and couldn't finish it. The RPG elements are well-integrated, and the gunfights are enjoyable, but it didn't make me feel like I'd want to invest more hours into it. It's not perfect for FPS or RPG lovers, but it promises enjoyable hours for RoboCop fans.

By the way, thanks to this, I watched the movie 'RoboCop' (1987) for the first time, and it was really good. No filler dialogues, straight to the point. I miss that in recent movies.
I played for 20 mins and didn't want to finish it. Thank god for the demo. Game pass.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Today even simple revenge movies like Avatar 2 have to take up 3 hours or more. But even John Wick 4 clocks in at like 3 hours.

Robocop ran at approx 100 minutes which is more than enough for a balls to the walls action movie.

Madonis

Today even simple revenge movies like Avatar 2 have to take up 3 hours or more. But even John Wick 4 clocks in at like 3 hours.

Robocop ran at approx 100 minutes which is more than enough for a balls to the walls action movie.

I think the wonderful thing about Robocop (1987) is it gets the action right, the satire works, and it also provides a compelling character drama for Murphy. Very efficient yet effective.

Last edited:

adamosmaki

i liked it. A bit simplistic and the interface is early 2000s and there is a stuttering problem ( shader compilation ) but overall pretty decent and captures robocop feeling pretty well and on the right price is a buy from me

Sausy1987

OK 30mins into demo & im hooked. Does anyone know if save carries over from demo cos if not I am not playing anymore I will wait for full game.

Rewatching Escape from NY and Id love to see Teyon take a swing at this. Could be a potentially dope stealth focused experience. With that Carpenter score.

Basically most John Carpenter movies could be games.

They would probably make The Fog a multiplayer PVP. One team town residents, the other the ghosts.

I always thought Highlander had potential for a decent action game . From the battles of Scotland to the first and second world wars to the 80s, 90s etc.

poodaddy

Rewatching Escape from NY and Id love to see Teyon take a swing at this. Could be a potentially dope stealth focused experience. With that Carpenter score.

Basically most John Carpenter movies could be games.
Fux yeah to this. Let's get a They Live game and Big Trouble in Little China too.

Another somewhat random opinion, I actually believe Ghosts of Mars could have worked as a game despite being a god awful movie.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Fux yeah to this. Let's get a They Live game and Big Trouble in Little China too.

Another somewhat random opinion, I actually believe Ghosts of Mars could have worked as a game despite being a god awful movie.

Hells yes. I suggested Big Trouble earlier on as an action adventure where you switch between Jack and Wang on the fly, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Think something like The Warriors but with some guns and supernatural stuff and the occasional puzzles.

I mean, this soundtrack was MADE to be in a game

And you know Carpenter would support it 10000%. Dude knows his games.

LoneWolf&Subs

Neo Member
I did not have any intentions on getting this. Then I saw playthroughs of this demo online, and became extremely impressed by this as a fan of the franchise even if the combat appears very mediocre. I’m still going to drop money on this now with the promise of all those dialogue options.

Top Bottom