• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City Demo now available

Kenpachii

Played the demo, its a fun little arcade shooter i guess. But not much into it and after the first mission i was already done with it.

Seems to stutter a lot also so yea there's that.

GymWolf

Stutter fest : a cat enters the viewport, stutter, an NPC is about to say something, stutter, a new 3D model appears, stutter… How can studios think it’s acceptable in 2023 ?
The only reason why i didn't downloaded the demo yet.

The stutter looks absolutely awful even on yt.

Is there a way to reset the resolution before opening the game? I think it selected a stupidly high resolution when I changed to full screen and now it goes to 2 fps in the main menu and crashes.

nowhat

That sounds pretty neutral to me. Thanks!
If you can't be bothered with the comics, check out the newer movie (or the only movie - like the Matrix sequels, the Stallone version doesn't exist), it gets the tone right. I think it's actually in retrospect a decent flick, it's just not your average blockbuster, most of the movie is set in a single apartment complex.

Hudo

If you can't be bothered with the comics, check out the newer movie (or the only movie - like the Matrix sequels, the Stallone version doesn't exist), it gets the tone right. I think it's actually in retrospect a decent flick, it's just not your average blockbuster, most of the movie is set in a single apartment complex.
I will actually do that. I am kinda interested now.

An immersive sim Predator video game in the vein of Amnesia: The Bunker but in a jungle would be dope. You need to feel like you're being hunted but with the tools to scrape by if you use your wits, and Amnesia: The Bunker doesn't get the kudos it deserves for capturing that feeling.

Is there a way to reset the resolution before opening the game? I think it selected a stupidly high resolution when I changed to full screen and now it goes to 2 fps in the main menu and crashes.
I don't know in this case but often games save this information to some kind of config or .in file in the directory, so you might be able to look there and manually change the resolution.

RavionUHD

The game looks really good on PC:

D4vBoQ7.jpg

oeVrCUh.jpg

i53kJtt.jpg

haKOPAY.jpg

6qqVfZP.jpg

RNG

They need to fix some audio balance levels in the final game. I can barely hear Murphy speaking while the NPCs are loud during dialogue sections.

i enjoyed it. too, tho it's suspiciously reminiscent of the raid, which came out a year earlier...

nowhat

i enjoyed it. too, tho it's suspiciously reminiscent of the raid, which came out a year earlier...
Oh sure, although I liked Raid 2 less. Just that for someone looking for a typical action movie may be disappointed, regardless which movie we are talking about.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Wait. There hasn't? Maybe I am misremembering things... Actually, I think I am confusing the movie with a possible video game.

That sounds pretty neutral to me. Thanks!
There's never been a Dredd game, on any of the major platforms by Microsoft or Sony

RavageX

I ran into a mission I couldn't finish? One related to some drug dealer doing laundry.....I kill the other dealers and it just leaves him on the rooftop edge....and I can't do anything.

I dunno if it is just an unfinished quest..er mission for the demo or if I am not doing something right.

I'm thinking just a bug/not finished.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Now just fix mouse aiming for GOTY material.

well!!! how the fuck they wouldn't not know ? they must test the damn thing before it gets to the public.

My theory is that they keep "playing" during the development to test/implement things and shaders keep compiling. So when they test the launch build all shaders are already there. Only logical explanation.

Last edited:
Seems Teyon is already hiring for a new game: https://teyon.elevato.net/en/gameplay-designer,j,115

Says "This new action RPG game for PC and console will be developed by the team, responsible for our previous titles Terminator: Resistance and RoboCop: Rogue City." - Teyon have three development studios and other jobs listed don't mention to Terminator/Robocop dev team. So... one could wonder if this will be a movie licensed game too? What is the question and an RPG?

Last edited:
Top Bottom