• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City Demo now available

Codiox

Damn that catched me off guard. It's great!

For anyone who loves the movies this is spot on. The character models have no rights to look this good. I get heavy die hard vendetta vibes from this.

But that stuttering, sweet Jesus! If they fix it I will buy it for sure.

Yep

d8Sff2r.gif

Dependent on reviews and bug fixes of course.

nikos

I don't know much about Robocop. I forget if I've seen the original film as a kid. I should probably change that.

Game looks really good and runs well. Even has DLSS, Frame Generation and TSR.

It feels pretty slow but I understand why. Probably get used to it after a while. Almost feels like a light gun shooter that lets you control the movement.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Very long demo, haven't even completed it. Played at least an hour. Thought the intro/tutorial would have been it but no it keeps going. Game is really good IMO. Only has occasional stuttering but they NAILED the atmosphere of the first Robocop movie. You can identify enemy threats like Murphy does in the films, the gun sounds great and you have a great deal of creativity of dealing with threats ranging from headshots, shooting off limbs, shooting in the general area of the groin, throwing objects, blowing up objects, punching enemies with your robotic arm(great impact), grabbing enemies and throwing them against walls, other enemies, through glass, off of buildings or at a great height.

You also have a night vision toggle too to help you see in dark areas so even if there isn't a light source you still can see things I assume some of the enemy types can't(so far just humans).

Game is needlessly violent just like the movies which is a plus. FEELS VIOLENT too. Like the bullets just have this gut wrenching sound as all the gore just explodes out of their bodies in a grotesque fashion.

The city seems somewhat explorable? Or maybe each level has a big area to explore for clues, pickups that give you points/xp.

Robocop moves like a tank which I like as it mirrors how he moves in the movies. And some locations seem like they were ripped straight out of the films.

Skill point system to upgrade Robocop whether it be persuasion, defense, attributes.

Music sounds great and was quite nostalgic.

I'm definitely grabbing this day 1. Loved the original Robocop. The devs that made the game really paid attention to source material.

Other then stuttering I have nothing but positive impressions.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I'm definitely buying this game, Day 1. Hell, I might even Double Dip on this! Teyon COMPLETELY nailed the aesthetic on the game. LOTS of Easter Eggs too! I saw a radio that had the word "Ocean" on it, which was the developer of the NES RoboCop games (first game was done by Data East and Ocean). I even saw a Magnavolt sign on a building! This game is VIOLENT as fuck. Lots of heads being blown off and gore too. I also like that you can issue citations, write parking tickets and address customer complaints behind the police desk too 🤣🤣. That's fucking hilarious. Game needs some patches and to fix the stuttering on PC. The rain effect on the game is broken too. It's nothing game breaking but needs some fixes. Either way, it's a very solid game.

Side Note: I know Teyon DOESN'T have the biggest budget in the world. So I don't expect the same layer of polish from them like I would From Software/CD Projekt/Capcom etc. They are creating an experience and I respect them for that. I truly do enjoy it. It's not for everyone, which is perfectly fine too. But for those that are looking at a decent game based of a cult classic IP, you're in for a treat.

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

Really enjoying the impressions. Looking like fans are loving it. Makes me all the more glad I'm holding off till launch. Just waiting for that sweeet sweet preload and early play for buying the primo edition. lol

Needlecrash

Really enjoying the impressions. Looking like fans are loving it. Makes me all the more glad I'm holding off till launch. Just waiting for that sweeet sweet preload and early play for buying the primo edition. lol
Kinda wish the Alex Murphy Edition was a physical copy.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
When I shot a guy in the dick and he dropped to his knees squealing, I knew that they nailed this game.

I'm looking forward to shooting the dick of every creep in Detroit once the full version drops.
"The only human body parts that remain of Alex Murphy -- the man who becomes RoboCop -- are the brain and spinal cord of his central nervous system, two lungs, one arm, his face and most of his head. To function, neural implants are inserted into his brain." --seeker.com

His anger towards the missing piece is understandable.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Looks awesome. Will try it out later this week. I love how over-the-top violent and gory it is, really captures the essence of the movie.

I hope this is a success and Teyon gets to make games for Total Recall and Starship Troopers to complete the trilogy.

I rewatched RoboCop 2 recently, they totally wasted Tom Noonan/Cain pre cyborg , there was a lot of potential there. I don’t like Robo’s blue colour either. It’s a strange film, it feels like it’s close to grasping goodness but falls short time and again. The Cain cyborg design is friggin great tho.

Nancy Allen always talks of a much better script that she read going into filming but a lot was changed, I don’t think she’s referring to the Corporate Wars screenplay either. Would love to read it.

Housh

I really want to enjoy this game. Looks like they did a great job but the UE4 shader comp stutter is unbearable.

Last edited:

Valt7786

That opening lobby scene with the theme playing. That sold me, was all I needed. Everything else is just *chefs kiss*.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Played up until the opening title screen. Environments and destruction are solid. Gunplay is ok. I feel like hip firing is better than aiming.

It’s Robocop alright as the developers did a great job with the material so far. As it is I can’t see myself playing this for long periods of time. There’s not enough to it, so I do hope there’s new mechanics introduced as the game goes on.

TwinB242

The game is good but the stuttering is a problem. I don't understand why this is still an issue in so many UE4/5 games.

Reactions: RNG

jayj

Banned
Everyone who has actually played it is loving it, but you decided to post this anyway? Just makes you sound broke and bitter
Hey, I'm sure it's appealing hence why I have an interest in it. I just have no shortage of games to play for a while and I never really rush into buying most games these days. This seems like the type of game where it will be even better by the time it goes on sale.

Top Bottom