• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City Demo now available

Thaedolus

Yeah they really need to fix the shader comp issues, just do it at the title screen or something. Otherwise it looks and performs great, and it feels very true to the movie. Like, if you ever wanted to replay the scene where he massacres the drug dealers while the main theme plays, that's how this feels, and it feels good. Pure power fantasy blowing people away with his signature gun. Also the story elements seem to be fairly good too. Not sure I need a progression system, but maybe as later levels switch things up it'll make more sense here.

Overall, this thread got had curiosity, the demo got my attention.

Js562

Play the demo on extreme it's more enjoyable. Played it on the steam deck and ran ok but could be better. Game is fun from what I've played hopefully they give you more to do when it releases.

RAIDEN1

From what I saw of the walkthrough from MK Fire and Ice, the character models look near enough expressionless..despite what their voices are conveying....surely that could have been improved?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
From what I saw of the walkthrough from MK Fire and Ice, the character models look near enough expressionless..despite what their voices are conveying....surely that could have been improved?
I guess they can't afford full facial mocap and to make factial expressions etc. look great by hand is a nightmare.
the DEMO has 44GB LMAO
That's cuz there's first 3 complete missions plus exploration.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

Cringe GIF
Such an angry little man. 😄

Tareskog

Amazing demo. I was. Bit hesitant to begin with as the start felt a bit low budget and clunky, but I'm glad I continued. The gunplay feels good,and the tone is awesome to follow the film.
I also love those small side missions in the police station as well as the bigger side quest to investigate the murder. The game also looks damn gorgeous on max, though my gpu fan spins through the roof so I am happy at medium and performance DLSS. This game is an insta buy for me when it comes out. Feels refreshing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Finished the demo. Not sure if I did all sidequests. If you bum rush it with the main quests it'll take probably 90 minutes. I played for 2.3 hours. Definitely a Day 1 for me.

The demo is pretty meaty and it lets you explore the City and find any sidequests you might have missed.

Fans of Robocop need to pick this up. It's good.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
stutters like crazy on a 3080,

game reminds me of that the thing videogame, caught me off-guard really hope this is a hidden gem

I'm actually very excited for this game. It really seems like they put a lot of love into it--sure, it's a little rough around the edges, but it's got a lot of things to love for fans.

Takes confidence to release a demo; it's such a rarity these days. They strike me as a group that will be working on improvements up til launch.

Perfomance from beta

Scenery looks really neat. The look of 80's gritty urban city with rundown apartment blocks is excellent. Kinda has some The Darkness vibes. Makes me jelly its new gen only.

The camera whips around like COD - you can 180 in about three frames. That's not Robocop, not at all. It's unavoidable with FPS though, because camera and character movement are tied. It's why I think it would have made more sense as a third-person game. 🤷‍♂️

Might be kind of cool if they could implement some "True Robocop experience" alt mode that adds the entire genuine slow tank movement from the movies.

Last edited:

Codiox

Some more impressions:

i love that you can throw the bad guys even through the windows in the building from the 10th floor or what that is.
They really nailed the "tank" feeling that Robocop has. He can take some bullets.

Also finally some bullet destruction! Feels like ages to see the walls break down in a game when you shoot them.

I stopped after the first mission right before the miniquest where you have to work on the frontdesk because i want to wait and play the full game. Hope they fix the stutter.

For fans this game is a must!

Del_X

This game is pretty fun but they need to fix the stutter compilation stuff. Ballistics feel so damned good.

Reactions: RNG

Ivan

There is some strange mouse acceleration (or is it negative acceleration like they called it in Terminator games), so mouse aiming doesn't feel right at all. I hope we'll get a fix on release. On the other hand, aiming on a controller is so slugish you're getting a true RoboCop experience :D

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I hope we get some throwbacks to Cain and Nuke
Nuke is already in the game so I'm sure Cain too, probably in a piece of lore somewhere or maybe one of the characters will mention him at some point, who knows.
I can see them doing Commando or Escape From New York.
Maybe even Under Siege
😂
under-siege.gif
Hard to say NO to that one :messenger_smirking:
Although I wish they'd do it in Mad Tv style
👇
😁

Last edited:
God DAMN is this game fun! Making my way through the office, I was amazed at how the world reacts to the gunfights! Paper kicking up everywhere, paint cans exploding in the air in a rainbow of colours when I shot a gas can, shooting guys in the dick (and seeing critical hit flash up). At one point in the studio section I headshot a guy, the blood splats all over the white wall behind him and starts running down it.

Disgusting. I love it.

PnCIa

Never ever i would have even seen the Steam page for this game without this thread.
I get some major FEAR vibes from those videos with all the environmental destruction. The tone seems on point as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom