• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles X coming to Switch within first 6 months

radcliff

Eh, isn't the point of contention and confusion the concern that when Miyamoto said "Pikmin 4," he might have been referring to the 3DS game that was revealed? I'm looking over the quotes Miyamoto and Nintendo have given on Pikmin 4 and the platform was never mentioned in any sense. Here's the Eurogamer quotes from July 2015, and here's the update Miyamoto gave to GameRant during E3 2016.

FWIW, I believe that the 3DS game is entirely a spinoff and that Switch is getting a mainline Pikmin game based on Miyamoto's words and the rumors.

According to Nintendo Force magazine, Pikmin 3DS is being developed by Arzest and is not the Pikmin 3 follow-up title.

AntMurda

Miyamoto said Pikmin was in development for consoles. Didn't he say it was mostly done a few months ago in fact. We don't need those three to confirm it. It will most definitely come to the switch.

No dude. He didn't say it was for consoles. Nothing is even close to definite.

According to Nintendo Force magazine, Pikmin 3DS is being developed by Arzest and is not the Pikmin 3 follow-up title.

Are they just assuming that random Twitter guy who said it was being developed by arzest and it spread through forums. Arzest was busy with two games this year. I don't think they could have developed this.

I hope they port Bayonetta 2 too. I want to see every major Wii U game on this.

I didn't mind Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon but I would prefer they look at some Gamecube, Wii, and 3DS games instead of porting the entire Wii U library. Let's mix it up a little. I loved my Wii U but that means I spent a lot of time playing these games recently and wouldn't mind them going further back for some of their ports.

NolbertoS

You know I gave Xenoblades Chronicles another shot on 3DS, after initially playing it on Wii, and made it halfway now, but it's mostly because of the portability of it. I'all give Chronicles X more playing time on Switch. Glad Switxh will allow me to play games in bed.

Please be true. Being a WiiU game was probably one of the biggest things stopping me from completing it due to roommates monopolizing the TV and me being a primarily PC gamer. Being on a viable portable device would be a great factor in me being able to play it to completion like with the first one.

I bought a Wii U just to play this game. Probably the most I've ever spent to play one game but I feel like it was worth it. I'll do the same for the Switch if they add a significant amount of content. The exploration and discovery are some of the best I've ever experienced in a game. I would spend hours just roaming the map looking for new things.

I know there have only been two of these games so far, but it's become one of my favorite franchises. I sincerely hope this game did well enough to justify continuing and localizing the series.

adroit

I bought a Wii U just to play this game. Probably the most I've ever spent to play one game but I feel like it was worth it.
Me too but I also really enjoyed Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.
I'll do the same for the Switch if they add a significant amount of content.
Yeah, they'd have to enhance it to get me to buy it again. I'm keeping the Wii U so I'll still be able to play it (as long as my gamepad lasts).

With all the complaints about this game, I'm surprised no one ever mentions how annoying it is to have to set the inventory filter 20 times when changing all the armor on your team (4 people times 5 pieces of armor).

MacTag

Banned
I didn't mind Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon but I would prefer they look at some Gamecube, Wii, and 3DS games instead of porting the entire Wii U library. Let's mix it up a little. I loved my Wii U but that means I spent a lot of time playing these games recently and wouldn't mind them going further back for some of their ports.
We'll get some 3DS ports too; Pokémon Stars, MHXX, probably others like Puyo Puyo Chronicle, The Snack World, Mario Sports Superstars, etc.

cafemomo

Cxs0XohXcAQypsX.jpg:large

no ridge racer?

Oersted

Eh, isn't the point of contention and confusion the concern that when Miyamoto said "Pikmin 4," he might have been referring to the 3DS game that was revealed? I'm looking over the quotes Miyamoto and Nintendo have given on Pikmin 4 and the platform was never mentioned in any sense. Here's the Eurogamer quotes from July 2015, and here's the update Miyamoto gave to GameRant during E3 2016.

FWIW, I believe that the 3DS game is entirely a spinoff and that Switch is getting a mainline Pikmin game based on Miyamoto's words and the rumors.

There is a OP, the very first post in this thread.
It refers to Pikmin as a title for Switch.

ASIS

I imagine they'll go with a 32GB card. If the game outputs at 1080p and Switch has better specs than Wii U (including more RAM), I'm guessing we might see higher quality textures that use up even more space.

LKD's follow-up tweets made it sound like the game, at the very least, won't be marketed as Pikmin 4 so that it's seen as a clean start. I beliebe she wasn't sure if internally it was actually a proper "reboot."

My guess is that they think sales potential could be hurt by calling it Pikmin 4, which could make people wonder if they need to play the previous games. Plus, Pikmin 3 already featured 7 Pikmin types and 3-playable characters, an increase from Pikmin 2, which itself was an increase from Pikmin 1. Seems like the games were getting more and more complicated and full. They might want to focus it this time, rather than adding more again.
Im fine with this. Pink in at its heart is multitasking to complete objectives against the clock. Everything about the game feeds into that. If this supposed "reboot" allows more multitasking mechanics it would lead to an even better title. I just hope they don't focus on stuff like platforming or combat or puzzle solving. Because the amount of all of that in Pikmin 3 is just enough, no need to put more focus into that.

Oh and the length of the game, as well as the pacing, should not change.

Man Pikmin 3 was good.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
There is a OP, the very first post in this thread.
It refers to Pikmin as a title for Switch.

Just want to clarify: The post I was responding to was saying that these rumors weren't necessary to know Pikmin 4 is a Switch game because Miyamoto had already made it clear Pikmin 4 was a console game and thus likely on Switch. The content of Miyamoto's statements is specifically what I was disputing. My intent was to explain why some people, not myself, doubted Pikmin 4 on Switch being a sure thing. Personally, I've pretty much always thought there was a good chance Pikmin 4 was going to be on NX/Switch, and the rumors and time passing only continue to support that.

The OP, among other things, was what I was referring to in my post as "the rumors" when I said I believe that Pikmin 4 is coming to Switch. (Also, FWIW, I follow LKD on Twitter, so this thread was the second time I came across the info in the OP.)

Roo

Im fine with this. Pink in at its heart is multitasking to complete objectives against the clock. Everything about the game feeds into that. If this supposed "reboot" allows more multitasking mechanics it would lead to an even better title. I just hope they don't focus on stuff like platforming or combat or puzzle solving. Because the amount of all of that in Pikmin 3 is just enough, no need to put more focus into that.

Oh and the length of the game, as well as the pacing, should not change.

Man Pikmin 3 was good.

Pikmin 4 could use some length, that's for sure. Pikmin 3 felt too short for my taste.
They better bring back the IR pointer controls tho. Best way to experience this franchise.

Oersted

Just want to clarify: The post I was responding to was saying that these rumors weren't necessary to know Pikmin 4 is a Switch game because Miyamoto had already made it clear Pikmin 4 was a console game and thus likely on Switch. The content of Miyamoto's statements is specifically what I was disputing. My intent was to explain why some people, not myself, doubted Pikmin 4 on Switch being a sure thing. Personally, I've pretty much always thought there was a good chance Pikmin 4 was going to be on NX/Switch, and the rumors and time passing only continue to support that.

The OP, among other things, was what I was referring to in my post as "the rumors" when I said I believe that Pikmin 4 is coming to Switch. (Also, FWIW, I follow LKD on Twitter, so this thread was the second time I came across the info in the OP.)

Got that that some people projected their negative expectations onto Miyamotos words. My point was Laura (also Emily and Eurogamer) refer to Pikmin as Switch title. I was an an attempt to stop that nonsense in general, not to contradict you.

The "Pikmin being the 3DS title" discussion is a waste of time, truth to be told.

Big0Bear

I played this game on the Wii U but never finished it. If the switch has Jpn dub, more options for your avatar and some extra stuff I would pick it up

LegendX48

XCX may be coming to the Switch? Kinda neat. Haven't gotten very far into it myself but this'll be nice for those who haven't picked it up yet.

AzaK

Now I see why Nintendo of America didn't market Xenoblade X....It would make sense that internally NoA would have had know that Xenoblade X would have had been a possible game for the Switch. This way, in the United States, at least, it would be marketed as a new game of sorts....

No, they didn't market it because noone had a Wii U and it was a Japanese RPG. Wii U was an abysmal failure of epic proportions. Why take the risk on marketing something that a few people would buy.

random25

IMAGINE:

The trailer for XCX on Switch shows new party members with new gear and new weapons, using new arts against new indigens in new story missions with new cinematics, hopping in new skells (now able to jump with flight module, and toggle off the flight song), equipped with new armaments, and exploring two new continents full of new wildlife, structures, treasure, etc, and new NPCs with new quests for rewards.

Allows players to transfer over save data from WiiU. Game promises to deliver the "true ending." 1080p, 60fps, hi-res textures, AF, AA, and enhanced lighting, shadows, water, particle effects, and draw distance. Also has a reworked user interface (single screen, improved readability) and streamlined party management, item finding, etc.

THE DREAM.

I like what you are going through with this, but I feel like some of the things you mentioned deserve to be on XCX's sequel, and I really hope it happens soon.

If XCX Switch port is true, what I would want is kind of like how Atlus remakes their RPGs. No earth-shattering story changes but maybe some additional side story content that will help more with building he established world of the game, and improvements on the formula and additions that will enhance the overall gameplay experience. Here is my wish list of some of the things that I want to see on the possible XCX Switch port:

- Graphical improvements all around.
- 60fps frame rate and better draw distance, now that it is running on a more powerful hardware and the data pack can now be put into the cart rather than a separate entity.
- Better and easier system to swap party members. It does not bother me like the others when trying to add party members as all of them, excluding the DLC ones, are just within the vicinity of BLADE HQ. But I do get where they are coming from.
- Text size improvement. I also find them too small.
- More options for MC customization. I didn't really play much with the character creator, but I understand those who want more options for their MC looks. And please NOA, include the boob slider. It's not really something to be censored, IMO.
- Better sound mixing. I think the Japanese version has a much better sound mixing, so I hope the English one gets improvement.
- DUAL AUDIO! To be fair, XCX English VA is pretty good (Just not as good as British VA from XC) but I always prefer the native language with subtitles. I feel like local voice acting captures the reaction and emotion more than foreign VA.
- Improved bestiary and collectopedia. The probes are supposed to gather information about Mira, and it will be more rewarding if planting probes get you a little more information on where to find certain monsters and collectibles other than indicating just the continents.
- FrontierNav enhancements. Like above, I would like to have improvements on getting information using the FrontierNav. That's what probe planting is supposed to do, and it will really add more immersion playing as a BLADE soldier if this happens.
- Additional Skell models and weapon types. Maybe this is a sequel-bound feature, but it's better if there's some new toys to play around.
- In-game cutscenes improvement. I gave Monolithsoft a pass on this because let's not forget, this is their first ever HD game, and they probably worked on a pretty modest budget. But now as a re-release on Switch and probably more people with HD development experience backing this one, whether in-house or outsourced, I hope they add more scripted and better-animated cutscenes. And aside from costumes, time and weather carrying over the cutscenes, maybe the skells too should carry over there.

Shiggy

Now I see why Nintendo of America didn't market Xenoblade X....It would make sense that internally NoA would have had know that Xenoblade X would have had been a possible game for the Switch. This way, in the United States, at least, it would be marketed as a new game of sorts....

They didn't market it as they don't believe it would sell. Xenoblade Chronicles did not see marketing either and wasn't even published by NoA, the port also received no marketing.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Pikmin has one source. They all have that same
Source and that's why no one is confident enough to a post a story on it yet.

You don't know shit about how many sources they have. Stop stating things as facts. Especially considering your long lived hate for Emily.

LaNaranja

I'm going to be really pissed if Splatoon doesn't allow two local players to play online at the same time. Also going to be pissed if Smash port doesn't allow you to use Mii fighters online.

Hope we get a Bayonetta port too. I never got the chance to play it.

IMAGINE:

The trailer for XCX on Switch shows new party members with new gear and new weapons, using new arts against new indigens in new story missions with new cinematics, hopping in new skells (now able to jump with flight module, and toggle off the flight song), equipped with new armaments, and exploring two new continents full of new wildlife, structures, treasure, etc, and new NPCs with new quests for rewards.

Allows players to transfer over save data from WiiU. Game promises to deliver the "true ending." 1080p, 60fps, hi-res textures, AF, AA, and enhanced lighting, shadows, water, particle effects, and draw distance. Also has a reworked user interface (single screen, improved readability) and streamlined party management, item finding, etc.

THE DREAM.

Eh, I think I'm done with the game at this point. Just give me the sequel.

Maybe I'll give it another chance to be good.

Here was my experience with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I sat in my bed with the Gamepad ready to play. If you're not in front of your TV, you can't get started on the Gamepad itself. I only ever saw the loading screen. I never played it and I never bothered to try again.

Here was my experience with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I sat in my bed with the Gamepad ready to play. If you're not in front of your TV, you can't get started on the Gamepad itself. I only ever saw the loading screen. I never played it and I never bothered to try again.

There went $60

mrmickfran

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

Doesn't this disprove that one source that said that Switch cartridges are 16 GBs? XBX is at least 22 gigs.

Rootbeer

Banned
I mean... I am really starting to get concerned about all the ports on the agenda (they are nice to have, but not if the amount of all new titles is low. guess we'll see)... but, sigh, yeah, i'll rebuy it. lol. I really liked having the first Xenoblade Chronicles portable and this would be great too.

Ulysses 31

If you already made a new game file, the default focus would be on the continue...

Dryk

I'd buy the port if they add one extra continent or extra story chapters to resolve the cliffhanger ending. New party members would be welcome too.
New party members would just make the affinity grind even worse. What the game really needs is a metric ton of QoL tweaks. I'd love to see more information about where you have found certain drops in the past (ala the new Pokedex) because having to look up where to find things was my least favourite thing. It doesn't fix a lot of the game's glaring design flaws (the story and gameplay don't match at all beyond the first few hours) but streamlining the systems would go a long way.

Phoenixus

Blimey, wish I had money to burn like that.

Only the main menu is like that. Just mash A to get past it and you'll be able to play on the Gamepad just fine.

mrmickfran

Some needed gameplay improvements:

-Have a menu to select party members. No more of this "find them in the city" bullshit
-Have dormant party members scale levels with the main character. This game has like 20 party members and you have to level up each and every single one of them. Ain't nobody got time for that!
-Let me accept more than 20 missions at once.
-Increase the font size
-Give the option to play the regular continent music while flying in the Skell.
-Give the option to lower the volume in the cutscenes.
-Replace the soundtrack with Xenoblade Chronicles' soundtrack
partially kidding
-You can cut down the requirements for the collectible missions too. Instead of needing 10 of an ultra rare item, let me collect 5. No one will miss those.

I'd ask for improvements regarding story structure, but that would probably require changing the game entirely.

New party members would just make the affinity grind even worse. What the game really needs is a metric ton of QoL tweaks. I'd love to see more information about where you have found certain drops in the past (ala the new Pokedex) because having to look up where to find things was my least favourite thing. It doesn't fix a lot of the game's glaring design flaws (the story and gameplay don't match at all beyond the first few hours) but streamlining the systems would go a long way.

I just remembered that one quest where you have to find a key item, and it just says "Find ITEMNAME on Mira".

I was like: "Fucking seriously?"

Dryk

I just remembered that one quest where you have to find a key item, and it just says "Find ITEMNAME on Mira".

I was like: "Fucking seriously?"
Even when it's more specific it's not very helpful "Find this thing in Oblivia". You have one of them that you picked up in fifty square feet that it spawns and it has a 5% chance of dropping so I hope you remember where that was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom