• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I like Trixie out of drag, but don't understand her in it.

I think she paints for a niche but doesn't communicate it very well. Her opening look seemed to communicate Barbie doll realness the best but everything else gets to look like clown makeup. It is a shame since both her and Max, no matter the case you make for either, didn't seem to grow as the season went on like Pearl or Violet. It'd be nice if the judges focused on the fundamental flaws and Trixie's drag and clocked Max for her personality earlier before they got eliminated.

Honestly I would have rather had Katya be saved from elimination than any other queen that left up to that point. Her absence was really felt in the penultimate episode and without her the old lady brigade just threw endless shade.

Side note, I think Trixie would have owned the Hello Kitty challenge.

zeopower6

I am not a fan of how dumb most social media channels have gotten in recent seasons. This season, the RPDR subreddit has been the worst it's ever been. There may be a lot of new subscribers but so much whining and spam over there.

Wilsongt

I am not a fan of how dumb most social media channels have gotten in recent seasons. This season, the RPDR subreddit has been the worst it's ever been. There may be a lot of new subscribers but so much whining and spam over there.

Yep. Lots of hate being spewed left and right.

zeopower6

Yep. Lots of hate being spewed left and right.

I just want this season to be over so people can calm down.

TTi8Ppf.gif

c37cf8c21e.jpg

Work it Tyra

Ran into Tyra in boy form two weeks back at Orlando's PHouse and he was KILLING me. He kept on saying that his name was Joffrey and that he was the King of Westros.

Alyssa Edwards last night was EVERYTHING. I was grabbing a couple drinks for $2 happy hour and the place was mobbed by the pool*, and that's when I heard that she had a 10 o'clock show. Queen Queen.

* Holy fuck it was bear night and I had all the fun.

Wilsongt

Ran into Tyra in boy form two weeks back at Orlando's PHouse and he was KILLING me. He kept on saying that his name was Joffrey and that he was the King of Westros.

Alyssa Edwards last night was EVERYTHING. I was grabbing a couple drinks for $2 happy hour and the place was mobbed by the pool*, and that's when I heard that she had a 10 o'clock show. Queen Queen.

* Holy fuck it was bear night and I had all the fun.

I want a bear... :(

Rayis

I kinda live for the fact that the actual Michelle Visage went on Reddit to tell some fans to fuck off. Though it is sad that she even felt the need to do this in the first place :/

Vark

WOOF

I'm super plussed that Orlando's bear community is so strong right now. Add to that GAYDAYS in June has a whole line up of bear events, October has Bear Bust, and the monthly Orlando City Bear Club micro-runs, and I'm a happy camper.

Sad I'm missing Tidal Wave this year. Womp womp.

Vark

I kinda live for the fact that the actual Michelle Visage went on Reddit to tell some fans to fuck off. Though it is sad that she even felt the need to do this in the first place :/

What exactly is everyone going on about? I've had some Facebook people complain this season is boring but outside of too many team challenges I think it's been fine.

What exactly is everyone going on about? I've had some Facebook people complain this season is boring but outside of too many team challenges I think it's been fine.

It's more so just the animosity some crazies are showing online toward queens like Jasmine, Kennedy, Ginger, etc. The fandom takes things way too far sometimes and it shows up a lot on Reddit. It's just Michelle being momma hen. The rudeness really gets to her, as it should.

I think the view of the fans is skewered by the medium. If you check reddit, tumblr, instagram, facebook - then yeah you're going to get the opinions of a bunch of attention-desperate teens and (very) young adults.

Wilsongt

This season will definitely go down as the season of the unneeded hate from fans. The way people responded to Kenny and Ginger was just disgraceful.

royalan

This season will definitely go down as the season of the unneeded hate from fans. The way people responded to Kenny and Ginger was just disgraceful.

But it's to be expected. It's the freaking internet.

Also, maybe the fans would be nice if there were anything good about this season. There was a lot of bad, and a lot of bleh this season. You know it's a problem when there were only three queens who possessed a range of traditional talent and charisma.

You give the fans a shit season, this is what you get.

Whatever Ru's process is for picking the queens needs to be drastically overhauled.

Wilsongt

But it's to be expected. It's the freaking internet.

Also, maybe the fans would be nice if there were anything good about this season. There was a lot of bad, and a lot of bleh this season. You know it's a problem when there were only three queens who possessed a range of traditional talent and charisma.

You give the fans a shit season, this is what you get.

Whatever Ru's process is for picking the queens needs to be drastically overhauled.

The producers and editors were just some shady apes this season.

zeopower6

I like this season, but I don't like how heavy handed the producer manipulation was this time around. I mean, of course, every season is producer influenced but it was really strange this year. Let's have all these queens share wins! Let's eliminate people who were doing perfectly fine but keep filler so we can eliminate them easily when needed! In previous seasons, I don't think Jaidynn or Miss Fame would have lasted as long as they did, or Katya eliminated at the point that she was. (though Ben's elimination last year was probably the beginning of all of this)

Hopefully they don't do things like this again but maybe they just want to secure Miss Congeniality for certain queens without having them be a threat to who they want to win?

Also Pearl is releasing an album soon but is producing it like say, David Guetta or Zedd, and not singing. I think the album is dropping on June 5th and it's called "Pleasure".

I like this season, but I don't like how heavy handed the producer manipulation was this time around. I mean, of course, every season is producer influenced but it was really strange this year. Let's have all these queens share wins! Let's eliminate people who were doing perfectly fine but keep filler so we can eliminate them easily when needed! In previous seasons, I don't think Jaidynn or Miss Fame would have lasted as long as they did, or Katya eliminated at the point that she was. (though Ben's elimination last year was probably the beginning of all of this)

Hopefully they don't do things like this again but maybe they just want to secure Miss Congeniality for certain queens without having them be a threat to who they want to win?

Also Pearl is releasing an album soon but is producing it like say, David Guetta or Zedd, and not singing. I think the album is dropping on June 5th and it's called "Pleasure".

I mean... the struggle for any reality show is to 1) make sure you have talent on display, and 2) to make it an enjoyable season to watch. The trade-off sometimes is that you have to get rid of someone who's great but not very entertaining (Max) for the sake of keeping on people who make for fun TV (Fame, Jaidynn). I don't really see anything wrong with it, though of course once you start eliminating people who are both talented AND good TV (Ben, Katya) it starts to get a little too dicey. I do think Katya was the first major elimination mistake this show's ever done because while Bendela should have stayed longer, she shouldn't have won. Katya, meanwhile, was the best queen in the crop. But I just have to remind myself that if Ru brings these people on she can place them however she wants. 5th place is a cozy little spot too because it ensures you get attention but you also don't make a lot of enemies. No one's gonna hate on a 5th place queen. Katya's going to have a very fruitful career because of that... she doesn't get the automatic high platform a final 3 spot would give her but she's already the most popular character in season 7 and will likely stay that way.

I think a big frustration of mine with the show is that the fans decide to equate the queens' talents to how they place. Everyone thinks Lashawn Beyond is shit but she's a masterclass designer. Serena ChaCha's stepped her pussy up a huge deal. Lineysha Sparx is incredibly talented. I wish the fans got to appreciate the queens who weren't in the final 5 a bit more because they're all generally on an equal plane.

mantidor

I will be honest when you rewatch old seasons the editing becomes so much more evident, they've been doing it all the time. I'm not sure if this season the editing was bad or the queens didn't offer enough material or we just are far more aware and experienced about it.

Social media also plays a part I guess, twitter wasn't nearly as big in 2009, shady editing like Tatianna's many "thank you, thank you, thank you" never really happened that way on the show, but the queens didn't have a platform to complain.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This UK pit crew is making me flood my basement.

SCREAMING at the exposed bush. Icant.

LINKS HENNY LINKS
also RuPaul is on Alan Carr's Chatty Man this friday talking about the UK show

zeopower6

My favorite part of Countdown to the Crown is (kind of) up~

Alaska's Can I Asssssk You a Question (fan edition)~ can't wait for the queen one.

No one from season 7 will be remarkable. Maybe Pearl as a model or something.

Even Katya isn't that memorable. You can only say too many vagina jokes before it gets boring.

okno

It's on trutvuk on periscope. Quality is crap though but it also looked like they were filming it to air on tv at some point.

But lord that UK pit crew.

D: Periscope is only for live viewing, I see... Womp womp. Tried a Google search and came up empty handed :(

The thirst is real.

zeopower6

2nd part of Alaska's segment is up!

Poor Bryce getting somewhat ignored ;( I love how none of the Pit Crew wanted anyone from the actual top 3 to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom