• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hope she wins so y'all wake up.

Give the crown to this bitch instead. Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent which everyone in this season lack.
Bgq0GhSCEAAZBlC.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Very dark and dirty sounding, I guess? Like it'd be playing at a bathhouse in the public sex dungeon area or something.

Violet and Miss Fame also have albums coming. Violet's is so MySpace.

Adore will be recording her album this week too. Her album was actually decent so I might give the new one a spin. Courtney Act is releasing Kaleidoscope in June too which Im not too interested since Courtney's voice is something I cant hear for long times. Better feature artist than lead. Also Max might be working on music which I can get behind if its as good as her cover of Dance With You

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
To be fair a. the album sounds pretty good and b. its pretty cheap

My guess is Pearl is going to be doing some really interesting things post-Drag Race, if this random fucking album is any indication. She's got such an interesting charisma. Very, very unique.

So who's taking the crown tonight? My guess is Violet though I'm not super thrilled about it.

zeopower6

How's the social media activity? Is Pearl still first? Has RuPaul ever gone against the people?

Pearl hasn't not been first on all social media since she overtook Fame on Instagram. The TeamPearl campaign is also pretty strong but I think Violet has Facebook.

And this is the first time that the most popular queen on social media hasn't been the top performing queen of the season as well. :/ I mean, Adore had her fans, but Bianca was up there as well.

Matt_

judging any and all who liked adore more than bianca

My guess is Pearl is going to be doing some really interesting things post-Drag Race, if this random fucking album is any indication. She's got such an interesting charisma. Very, very unique.

So who's taking the crown tonight? My guess is Violet though I'm not super thrilled about it.

I'd be pretty happy with Violet winning myself, but I honestly can't guess; it just doesn't seem as predictable as last year's win mostly due to the top 3 girls having glaring weaknesses in areas they're not comfortable in (which I honestly don't mind in the slightest)
I guess Pearl is really popular (mostly for reasons unattached to her drag...ugh...), so maybe that'll help her at the end of the day.
:p

In recent interviews Ru has been adding to his usual stock answers the one about the Drag Race generation, kids who grew up watching the show and are now older teens/young adults I guess - and I think that largely explains the Adore/Pearl/Violet fandom of the past couple of seasons because these are the queens who speak to that generation the most. As an old fogey, I think this is probably true - these are the kids making a stink on social media because that's their main platform and outlet.

zeopower6

While Pearl is cute, I really don't think he's hot enough to make it the sole reason why he has fans. (imo, Milk was one of those even though I liked both the drag and the boy) People say that all the time when talking about how why people like Pearl but that's not really why I like Pearl. :/ I like her whole package (and Violet's) and it's just a lot more interesting than what a lot of other queens had to offer on the show.

I don't really mind who wins but Ru would be insane to crown Ginger.

KiN0

I'm going to go ahead and join team violet but I think she's more of a project runway contestant than a drag queen.

In recent interviews Ru has been adding to his usual stock answers the one about the Drag Race generation, kids who grew up watching the show and are now older teens/young adults I guess - and I think that largely explains the Adore/Pearl/Violet fandom of the past couple of seasons because these are the queens who speak to that generation the most. As an old fogey, I think this is probably true - these are the kids making a stink on social media because that's their main platform and outlet.

That's probably somewhat on point.
One of the reasons why I was initially attracted to queens like Max, Pearl and Violet is because we're the same age.
Like, seeing Violet Chachki reference cartoon characters such as Cynthia (Rugrats) and HIM (Powerpuff Girls) in her drag shows is just amazing; the generational connection we share makes her incredibly charming and alluring to me.
Also, it really helps a lot when young queens like Max and Violet are so put together aesthetically; honestly, I probably would have liked Adore more if she had Violet's eye for beauty/fashion/design/aesthetics.

Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely adore older queens like Raja, Bianca, and Courtney (though, Courtney is relatively young all things considered); I can connect with them in different ways, and no amount of nostalgic connections and shared experiences will make me put a younger queen over a fierce older queen.

Edit:
I'm going to go ahead and join team violet but I think she's more of a project runway contestant than a drag queen.

Hey now, she's definitely drag queen; there is absolutely no reason to take that identity away from her just because she's not a stellar comedian or actor.
In the real world, drag queens don't generally do half the stuff that's required from them on drag race to be successful or loved...mostly because it's really unnecessary.
No one expects a drag queen to know how to act, model, do makeup, dance, make people laugh, or sing all at the same time; most of the time, their audience generally expects their favorite queens to entertain them with their strengths.
If you had said, "She's more of a project runway contestant than a drag race contestant" I'd kind of understand where you're coming from but ultimately disagree.

Drag race is not really representative of real world drag; it's mostly a game show.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm TeamPearl or TeamViolet. I just know for sure I'm not TeamGinger. I think she's funny, and definitely talented, but I really hate the pageant aesthetic. Outside of Haus of Edwards and Latrice Royal, don't really care for pageant queens at all.

Hey now, she's definitely drag queen; there is absolutely no reason to take that identity away from her just because she's not a stellar comedian or actor.
In the real world, drag queens don't generally do half the stuff that required from them on drag race to be successful or loved...mostly because it's really unnecessary.
No one expects a drag queen to know how to act, model, do makeup, dance, make people laugh, or sing all at the same time; most of the time, their audience generally expects them to entertain them with their strengths.
If you had said, "She's more of a project runway contestant than a drag race contestant" I'd kind of understand where you're coming from but ultimately disagree.

I mean, you're right, but this is the olympics of drag right? Also, I feel like the whole show and competition is RuPaul passing the baton to new generations, and it's only fair that the winner excels in all the different fields that Ru herself excels at. (Which, obvi isn't gonna happen with the lot they get with Season 7)

I mean, you're right, but this is the olympics of drag right? Also, I feel like the whole show and competition is RuPaul passing the baton to new generations, and it's only fair that they excel in all the different fields that Ru herself excels at.

True true, which I is why I sort of thought it would make more sense to replace "drag queen" with drag race contestant.
I totally understand that point of view, even if I still don't necessarily agree that they have to be good at everything to win the crown (Most of the winners of this competition were never really good at everything.)
I'm really just more concerned with saying she's not a drag queen because she isn't versatile (which is a ridiculous seeing as most queens are just girly queer boys who like wearing girly clothes, doing girly things, and dancing on stage.)
If KiN0 didn't mean that than I apologize for taking what they've said out of context.

royalan

The shit cherry on top of a shit sundae.

I'm just glad
Pearl
didn't get it. It was disgusting in itself that she made top 3.

Ru has a lot to learn from how this travesty of a season played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom