• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

MikeMyers

Man Viz handling of the series has been awful. I was hoping that, since we finally got a decent release of the manga here in the US, we'd get that treatment for the anime too.

Hopefully the Madmen sets will be good. I'd buy them in an instant if they are.

CorvoSol

Sailor Moon Super S 144

Remember how much I fucking hated Haruka and Neptunebitch'shernameitdoesn'tmattershewasafuckingcardboardboxwithnopersonalityoutsideoffollowingthatbitchuranusanywayfuckherfuckherwithagoddamnchainsaw?

Well now I guess all the Sailor Scouts are as awful as they were?

Super S is a fucking terrible show. S was at least a good show with two fucking awful characters who refused to fuck off. Super S is trash.

The last two episodes have been nothing but the Scouts pressuring girls into dating boys based solely on visuals.

Mina doesn't fucking remember the face of one of the guys who raped her.

The Amazon Trio are supposed to be like Incubi who seduce people and steal their dreams but they don't even try. They just fuck up and go "fuck it i'mma rape you"

Sailor Moon is always always ALWAYS late to the crimes.

Oh and before I forget:

THE SHOW'S UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH A LITTLE GIRL AND HORSE'S BUDDING ROMANCE.

"Should I go out with this boy Pegaus?"
PEGASUS GETS SUPER JELLY
"I believe in a destined lover!"
CHIBIUSA FANTASIZING ABOUT A HORSE

WAAAAH ZIRCONIA WE CAN'T FIND PEGASUS

HE SHOWS UP EVERY FUCKING EPISODE.

and did Mamoru get abducted by aliens or lose his powers or what? He's just never around.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck why did this series die after R.

Bladenic

Sailor Moon Super S 144

Remember how much I fucking hated Haruka and Neptunebitch'shernameitdoesn'tmattershewasafuckingcardboardboxwithnopersonalityoutsideoffollowingthatbitchuranusanywayfuckherfuckherwithagoddamnchainsaw?

Super S is a fucking terrible show. S was at least a good show with two fucking awful characters who refused to fuck off. Super S is trash.

The last two episodes have been nothing but the Scouts pressuring girls into dating boys based solely on visuals.

The Amazon Trio are supposed to be like Incubi who seduce people and steal their dreams but they don't even try. They just fuck up and go "fuck it i'mma rape you"

Oh and before I forget:

PEGASUS GETS SUPER JELLY

and did Mamoru get abducted by aliens or lose his powers or what? He's just never around.

The fact that Minako didn't recognize Tiger's Eye in that beach episode was insane.

And this season truly had a lot of unfortunate implications. The whole bestiality romance between a single digit aged girl and a horse. Then the whole rape implications with the dream mirrors. My favorite is when Tiger's Eye breaks into this girl's house (the writer who was friends with Makoto) and tries to say he's some agent and even gives her a card... only to transform 5 seconds later and rape her. I mean, he had already broken into her house so...

cj_iwakura

Sailor Moon Super S 144

Oh and before I forget:

PEGASUS GETS SUPER JELLY

Super S is so bad. The Amazonesses are somewhat better, but only marginally.

I mostly enjoy their 'eff this bitch, let's just have fun' approach to Zirconia.

MikeMyers

Also now that I actually have a chance to read Corvo's post.

Yeah the inconsistency is really weird. No one knows where Pegasus is despite Chibiusa personally summoning him in front of everyone in every episode? That never made sense to me. I know it's a kids show, but I'm sure even a child could work that out.

CorvoSol

Yeah the inconsistency is really weird. No one knows where Pegasus is despite Chibiusa personally summoning him in front of everyone in every episode? That never made sense to me. I know it's a kids show, but I'm sure even a child could work that out.

In episode 143, Fish's Eye goes through this whole elaborate setup basically just to rape a little boy, then when Chibiusa summons Pegasus and the other Scouts go Super Saiyan and Pegasus is just STANDING THERE SMACKING ITS HEAD INTO A WALL AGAIN AND AGAIN Fish's Eye makes no attempt to even capture it.

Nor, honestly, have the Amazon Trio made any attempts ever to destroy the beautiful dreams. They just kinda stand around while the Lemures put on shows for Sailor Moon to gawk at.

I suppose that fits the Circus theme but holy shit nobody's actions match up with their alleged motivations in this show.

cj_iwakura

In episode 143, Fish's Eye goes through this whole elaborate setup basically just to rape a little boy, then when Chibiusa summons Pegasus and the other Scouts go Super Saiyan and Pegasus is just STANDING THERE SMACKING ITS HEAD INTO A WALL AGAIN AND AGAIN Fish's Eye makes no attempt to even capture it.

Nor, honestly, have the Amazon Trio made any attempts ever to destroy the beautiful dreams. They just kinda stand around while the Lemures put on shows for Sailor Moon to gawk at.

I suppose that fits the Circus theme but holy shit nobody's actions match up with their alleged motivations in this show.

I really don't think the Amazons care about true dreams. They just want to get drunk and chase skirts. (Or pants, as the case may be.)

CorvoSol

I really don't think the Amazons care about true dreams. They just want to get drunk and chase skirts. (Or pants, as the case may be.)

I don't think the writers care about jack shit for this season is what I think. In episode 144 the Scouts just show the fuck up in Super Mode and Mamoru, WHO WASN'T IN THE EPISODE AT ALL, shows up as Tuxedo Mask ONLY for the fight and then promptly isn't around after the fight, either.

Fuck, Usagi talks afterward like she hadn't even seen him that day.

bobawesome

Has a solid release date been announced for the Sailor Pluto S.H. Figuarts figure yet? I put in a preorder for a friend last month and can't find any information aside from a tentative November.

cj_iwakura

Sadly, the fourth senshi vehicle met her demise last week.

CUeFC97WwAEkkro.jpg

A transmission was Mars' end.

RIP Rei-chan. I suppose the fifth will be Makoto, once I find one.

Bladenic

This was the weirdest thing to me. I always thought "are these people dumb as shit, the little pink girl is summoning him, why not capture her or go after her?"

MikeMyers

What are your other cars, again?

This was the weirdest thing to me. I always thought "are these people dumb as shit, the little pink girl is summoning him, why not capture her or go after her?"

Yeah, seems like Toei was really out of ideas for SuperS. I wonder if it's true that the series was cancelled early-on? I dunno if I can say that, since it did actually last longer than S.

Then again, considering the ratings were lower, and Stars was obviously trying to emulate S, I think it was a commercial failure.

Pluto

It's kind of a shame that the art books never have been reprinted for the 20th anniversary.
It really is, luckily I have the german editions of the original five artbooks but I was reall hoping for a reprint of the Materials Collection.
It was supposed to be relased in germany after the other five artbooks, it already had a release date but then Kodansha or Naoko pulled the licence. ;(

I guess I should be happy that they were able to release the artbooks, it could have been worse if the licence had been pulled a few months earlier.

Great news for fans of the german version of Sailor Moon, Sabine Bohlmann, the original german voice for Sailor Moon in the old anime's first season has been cast and will reprise the role in the german dub premiering in January.
All roles were supposed to be recast but somehow they changed their minds, I'm really happy right now.

Pluto

I missed out on the German versions too, to be honest they felt a bit flimsy anyway.
Are you sure you're talking about the german art books or the later released art editions? The artbooks were high quality hardcover books, the art editions (split into six volumes Instead of five) were cheaper softcover books and I wouldn't be surprised if they were printed on cheaper paper too, they were supposed to be a budget release after all.

Amalthea

Banned
Are you sure you're talking about the german art books or the later released art editions? The artbooks were high quality hardcover books, the art editions (split into six volumes Instead of five) were cheaper softcover books and I wouldn't be surprised if they were printed on cheaper paper too, they were supposed to be a budget release after all.
Yeah, I'm talking of those.

Bladenic

It really is, luckily I have the german editions of the original five artbooks but I was reall hoping for a reprint of the Materials Collection.
It was supposed to be relased in germany after the other five artbooks, it already had a release date but then Kodansha or Naoko pulled the licence. ;(

I guess I should be happy that they were able to release the artbooks, it could have been worse if the licence had been pulled a few months earlier.

Great news for fans of the german version of Sailor Moon, Sabine Bohlmann, the original german voice for Sailor Moon in the old anime's first season has been cast and will reprise the role in the german dub premiering in January.
All roles were supposed to be recast but somehow they changed their minds, I'm really happy right now.

A redub or Crystal?

Either way I grew up with the German dub. It was pretty great. Not really a fan of they translated attack names but oh well

Pluto

She died in 2009 from colon cancer, she was only 40 years old. :(

And you're right, she was great as Jupiter but I knew her vefore that, I grew up with her voice because she played Gaby in the TKKG audio plays since 1981.

Cheerilee

In unrelated news, Star vs the Forces of Evil is pretty good.

It's kind of like Invader Zim crossed with Sailor Moon. A very Sailor Moon-inspired magical girl from another dimension is a destructive terror after being given her magic wand, so her parents make her live on Earth. Hijinks ensue.

tumblr_nieju6v7R51rz6w0do1_500.gif

MikeMyers

B-but, I wanna keep rewatching the 90s anime until Crystal Season 3 comes out. Which probably wont even come out until Corvo finishes watching SuperS, lol.

Nah, in all seriousness, I'll look into it. The protagonist sounds more like a Chibiusa character than a Usagi one, though.

Cheerilee

The protagonist sounds more like a Chibiusa character than a Usagi one, though.

Oh, she's not really an Usagi or Chibiusa or even a Minako or any of the other Sailor Senshi.

She's a hyper-energetic teenage princess who takes after her warlord father and enjoys fighting monsters. Her boots have monster-faces and she wears a devil-horn hairband. She's a very empowered modern girl (probably too empowered), and then on her 14th birthday she inherits a wand that can reshape the laws of physics. And her first thought is "Woo hoo, I can be a Sailor Moon character now!" and she starts stringing unrelated words together to make her own attacks (the series creator is a big Sailor Moon fan, and that part is a direct reference).

6RG1Byu.jpg

After her parents dump the problem on Earth, she a fish-out-of-water, but the unusual spin is that she's been to hundreds of crazy dimensions, so she's confident that she can handle whatever Earth throws at her. Also, she probably spends more time showing her Earth-guide Marco other crazy dimensions than she does exploring Earth.

MikeMyers

Well, I got the Chibiusa-vibe from this:

magical girl...parents make her live on Earth. Hijinks ensue.

Either way, sounds interesting. I'll let you know if I check it out, but I haven't had much time to watch TV recently.

In other news, looks like Viz doesn't have any interest in improving the Bluray sets. :/

Top Bottom