• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Crystal |OT| In the name of the manga, I'll entertain you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate myself for looking forward to this. Crystal is like the ultimate guilty pleasure/love to hate experience. They're also doing a rerun of the first season starting in October. So the show did well enough to warrant a new season and is getting syndication through reruns. So that's good for Toei I guess.

Never forget.

tumblr_inline_ng4rdu5A3q1sluwgl.gif

tumblr_inline_ng4re1BUfC1sluwgl.gif

tumblr_inline_ng4re97Yni1sluwgl.gif

Can't wait for the Death Busters arc. Best story and best villains, Pharoah 90 in da houuuse.

EDIT - More gems.

tumblr_na07z0cHbc1rblx2oo1_500.gif

This photo shopped screen from the 90s show cracks my shit up too
tumblr_n9ro8cDufW1r3hv2zo1_500.png

Quoting this one for size

So good.

Madao

i guess i can finally watch the show without knowing what happens next page by page (i stopped reading the manga halfway though the Death Busters arc since i thought they'd do all arcs when Crystal began)

hopefully they improve the music and action since shit gets pretty real in this arc.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Huh, that's a surprise!

I'm not worried about the animation. The original show looked bad at times too, so I'm kinda used to it. Shame about the music though. I thought it was kinda bland in the first two seasons of Crystal.

The music is the best aspect of Crystal. The soundtrack is perfect as it sets a classical tone for the series.

I'm really excited for the rest.

BTW, the French version of SMC is great. They are even using the Japanese intro with the original names.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The music is the best aspect of Crystal. The soundtrack is perfect as it sets a classical tone for the series.

I'm really exited for the rest.

BTW, the French version of SMC is great. They are even using the Japanese intro with the original names.

Man, the music in SMC isn't bad, but it's definitely irrecoverably bland, which is ridiculous because original series has a masterpiece of a soundtrack and Yasuharu Takanashi, too, can do much, much better, but it doesn't reach even the level of the worst of his Precure soundtracks. It's just so boring besides that one heroic theme.

I've heard the idea of the third arc being called Sailor Moon Infinity

It's not so much the idea as that's what it's called in the source material.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Man, the music in SMC isn't bad, but it's definitely irrecoverably bland, which is ridiculous because original series has a masterpiece of a soundtrack and Yasuharu Takanashi, too, can do much, much better, but it doesn't reach even the level of the worst of his Precure soundtracks. It's just so boring besides that one heroic theme.

I vastly prefer it to the original soundtrack. The Mars theme is fantastic :
http://youtu.be/l7TFfts0UoY

Pluto

The next subtitle will probably give a hint as to whether they'll go beyond Infinity.
They'll probably announce the number of episodes like they did before Crystal started, we'll know then.

I hope they do the remaining three arcs at once, if they still follow the manga acts closely that'll be 34 episodes, it's not that much more than the initial 26 episode order and I assume if Crystal was successful enough to be continued they don't have to be careful with Infinity of all arcs, it introduces a set of really popular characters and is considered the high point of the series by many. There's almost no chance it will be less successful than the previous arcs which makes a continuation after it a foregone conclusion and if we get Dream we'll get Stars, I can't see them stopping with four out of five.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
It is good but the original animes soundtrack is much more memorable imo, not just the main themes,there are so many musical cues that immediately bring back memories.

It's just nostalgia ;-) though the outers henshin theme still reasonates with me.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
They'll probably announce the number of episodes like they did before Crystal started, we'll know then.

I hope they do the remaining three arcs at once, if they still follow the manga acts closely that'll be 34 episodes, it's not that much more than the initial 26 episode order and I assume if Crystal was successful enough to be continued they don't have to be careful with Infinity of all arcs, it introduces a set of really popular characters and is considered the high point of the series by many. There's almost no chance it will be less successful than the previous arcs which makes a continuation after it a foregone conclusion and if we get Dream we'll get Stars, I can't see them stopping with four out of five.

The Infinity arc chapters are nearly double in length though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Act 30 part 1 as an episode.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
When are we expecting the S arc? Also didn't the anime version "rescue" plenty of the characters who died in the manga?

Pluto

Anyone here gonna re-read Infinite to prepare for the new season?
No, I think if it is too fresh in my memory I'd just start to make unnecessary comparisons. I usually enjoy adaptations more if I don't recall every single detail of the source material.

MikeMyers

It's Toei though. It wouldn't surprise me if we waited two years.

I'd just hope we don't get two episodes a month later. Black Moon felt like it went on forever.

MikeMyers

Yeah, people posted comparisons in this thread at one point.

Sadly, Toei shows tend to look pretty bad. Wont have to high expectations for Season 3.

MikeMyers

Well, this article says Season 3 will debut in 2016, but it doesn't look too reliable to me.

I really doubt we'd have to way more then a year, though.

MikeMyers

So I checked out the Crystal dub and it's alright so far. I'm just glad it didn't really have the fan fiction-esque dialogue like the 90s dub seems to have. Or maybe it does and I just didn't notice it, lol.

Pluto

Sailor Moon Crystal is coming to Germany.

I believe someone here said they were in Germany. Was it you, Pluto?
Yes, that was me and I'm pretty excited. I won't be able to watch it on tv because I don't have that channel but I'll definitely get the BD set, I already marked the date in my calendar.

The company doing the DVDs and BDs is Kazé, I'm glad they got the rights, they are often criticized for the way they handle older properties but their releases for new shows are really good and high quality. They're expensive but germany is a small market when it comes to anime.

MikeMyers

How expensive? It's pretty bad here. I think Viz was selling $80 for half a season of the original TV series. I stopped following the releases after the first set.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
How expensive? It's pretty bad here. I think Viz was selling $80 for half a season of the original TV series. I stopped following the releases after the first set.

Not sure where you were buying them from. A FULL season would be that price, though. Typical anime half sets are usually around $30-45ish when they first come out.

TheChaos0

Sailor Moon Crystal is coming to Germany.

I believe someone here said they were in Germany. Was it you, Pluto?

I'll just have to import the US version again, won't I? Well, I'm used to it. Slowing porting the original series as it slowly comes out is painful, given other European countries got the whole series ages ago, with a better video quality to boot.

I suppose there was no indication whether the infernal 2 week per episode schedule will continue with Infinity? I really, really hope not.

MikeMyers

Not sure where you were buying them from. A FULL season would be that price, though. Typical anime half sets are usually around $30-45ish when they first come out.

I didn't buy them. :p

Looking it up, the original retail price was $70 for the first 23 episodes of Classic on Bluray. I was looking at the limited edition that retailed at $80, so I stand corrected there. Granted, places like Amazon and RightStuff had them cheaper than that, but given all the controversy about them, I was kind of put off buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom