• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Crystal 3rd Season Premiering in Spring, New Staff Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

While the one from season 1 and 2 tried to emulate the original artwork, this one looks like a modern attempt at the original one.

I don't really agree with that.

CaIBUMn.jpg

blamite

Okay that actually looks really good. I'll probably catch up and watch this! Good timing too, I just finished watching the S season of the old anime.

What are the odds that the improvement actully carries over to the episodes though?

Mr_Zombie

Hm, when you put them side by side like that than yeah, I think I was wrong.
But this new promo art still has this, I dunno, modernized look.

Anyway, another promo shot:
tumblr_o1i5jhjHOh1tienzco2_r2_1280.jpg

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Hm, when you put them side by side like that than yeah, I think I was wrong.
But this new promo art still has this, I dunno, modernized look.

Anyway, another promo shot:
tumblr_o1i5jhjHOh1tienzco2_r2_1280.jpg
This looks very weird... I don't like it. It's not the art that had issues in Crystal, it was the animation.

Cheerilee

Okay that actually looks really good. I'll probably catch up and watch this! Good timing too, I just finished watching the S season of the old anime.

What are the odds that the improvement actully carries over to the episodes though?

I think this signifies a major visual shift in the series. Animation directors play a big role in the look of each episode. You can actually tell who was responsible for drawing which episode of the 90's anime, and you might visually prefer one episode over another.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=105687632#post105687632
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/87002206.html

Akira Takahashi was promoted from being just another one of the animation directors up to "character designer", and he's got a new vision for the series visuals (as demonstrated by the new promo shots). Previously, animation directors were asked to follow Yukie Sako's vision for the series, and now they're being asked to follow Akira Takahashi. Hopefully this change in style will make it easier for the animation directors to follow along (on a shoestring budget) without derping. I would guess that Yukie Sako's vision for an animated version of Naoko's manga art was too ambitious for a webisode budget (also, who in their right mind thought that the drawn-over-CG looked good?).

But the real test is going to come from the new director (overall). The director is responsible for a lot of how something "feels" (although there are always other factors, a terrible production can ruin a great director, and a great production can elevate a terrible one), and a new director can really make-or-break this series. We won't know if the show has been fixed or made worse (or stays the same) until we get to see a full episode (or two or three).

some voice cast revealed

The staff of the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime continued their live-streamed event on Wednesday by announcing more of the new voice cast members for Season III.

Yukiyo Fujii as Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn

Hikari Yono as Kaolinite

Takuya Kirimoto as Professor Tomoe

Takaya Hashi as Pharaoh 90

Witches 5:

Yuki Nagaku as Mimete

Chiaki Takahashi as Eudial

Rina Hon'izumi as Viluy

Naomi Ōzora as Tellu

Umeka Shouji as Cyprine
ANN

Easily my favorite arc in the series. Haven't really paid attention to Crystal after watching a little bit and not feeling it, but I'll probably try this one out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If you meant as blu ray, Amazon originally had a listing for it a couple months back, but it got taken down. Guess it went up WAY too early!

Zoe

March is usually called spring in regards to TV.

And we don't know the air date. That's a special event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom