• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Crystal (new anime) - Character designs and voice cast revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

It could be worse:

ibmcPVu7aeTCSy.gif

i3p1sEmR8FoRX.gif

Dai101

Banned
Y'all can say what you want, I just had a big grin on my face watching this! :D

^^ THIS

I'm gidding as hell, i'm gonna need a grinectomy!!!!!!!!!

vUk5IqG.gif

FAKE EDIT: I just can't get over how generic and awful the new theme song is. Coming from Moonlight Densetsu and the GOAT Sailor Stars Song to this? ..............

A guidance counselor once asked when I was a fifth grader, where I wanted to be twenty years from now.

I answered: "Watching bootleg footage of a new sailor moon show."

Looks like I have finally achieved all my life goals.

I still can't get over that girl yelling "sugoi" during the transformation

Shouldn't a NAACP equivalent look into this. This is breaking some sort of law

Mr_Zombie

The scene where girls are doing those random animations (dancing? fighting?) was hilarious. :lol

As for the clip from Sailor Moon Crystal - I have mixed feelings. The opening is nice looking but at the same time the song is rather generic. Moonlight Densetsu was so much better. Visuals were nice.

The transformation scene was disappointing. Transformation scenes in the original anime, although less dynamic and flashy, were better looking.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The scene where girls are doing those random animations (dancing? fighting?) was hilarious. :lol

As for the clip from Sailor Moon Crystal - I have mixed feelings. The opening is nice looking but at the same time the song is rather generic. Moonlight Densetsu was so much better. Visuals were nice.

The transformation scene was disappointing. Transformation scenes in the original anime, although less dynamic and flashy, were better looking.

Moonlight Densetsu could be considered generic at the time. It only became iconic because it was attached to an iconic anime.

Are you not digging Marty Friedman's sick riffs?

Prax

lol
I think the opening was ok if not kind of boring with a bleh song...

THAT CGI TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE THOUGH. It kind of hurts me..
I am still really unhappy with the facial expressions of this style so this will be quite an experience to watch through. lol

Flink

The Luna scene looks so static it's painful. I hope the animation isn't so poor and sparse throughout.

The transformations would be ok in a video game or something. I'd actually think it'd be pretty badass for such a medium. It's somehow tacky here.

Disappoint.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Luna scene looks so static it's painful. I hope the animation isn't so poor and sparse throughout.

The transformations would be ok in a video game or something. I'd actually think it'd be pretty badass for such a medium. It's somehow tacky here.

Disappoint.

Toei.

Nyoro SF

They nerfed Tuxedo Mask's mask! It barely looks like a mask at all even for the eyes. We went from legit angled goggles all the way to hipster paper cutouts!

Bring back the clear covers!

;_;

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'm actually crying. Sailor Moon was so important to me. I'm so happy to see a remake; it looks great.

Diagol

That YouTube video showing the intro and transformation just went private. Anyone have an alternative link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom